[How to do Airstrike....]

• 3 weeks later...

How do you launch an airstrike? I'm right now looking at the thing i suppose is the target with the rotating radar on top, but what now?

Is it supposed to be mouse scroll button,because this isnt working for me anymore

to give the move, cover etc orders either, although i returned to default settings after

the patch.

[Duplicate threads Merged together]

I'm not exactly sure if I'm following you, but I will try to help. Use your scroll mouse button to select the airstrike on the left-hand side of your HUD. Then, I use the scope with the red dot (to be as accurate as possible) and middle click the target, scroll to attack, middle click again, and stand back to watch the fireworks.

I hope that helps, if that doesn't work I'm either misunderstanding you or you need redo your mapped keys. Or both... or neither... :blink:

With the new patch you can re-map the crosscom keys, so you can use a button other than the middle mouse now. :thumbsup:

No matter what key I re-map it to, it doens't work :( That basically means I can't play

the game anymore :wacko:

Hey guys....This is probably gonna sound really really stupid, but i havent played ghost recon at all before this okay. Well i do the first couple of missions fine and now im on to the one where i have to destroy this truck sorta thing with the air strike....and i dont know how to do it??? can someone please help me!!

[Duplicate threads Merged together - Please do not raise multiple threads for the same thing]

Edited by Pave Low

Hey guys, this is gonna sound really noob of me, but im on the third mission right now and i do fine untill the part where i have to use my air strike to destroy a little truck/tank thing lol....but i have no idea how to use it!!! can you please help me!!!

[Duplicate threads Merged together]

Porkie, you have to have a visual on your target, then using the cross-com select the apache (or in other missions artillery) from the list and you should get an 'attack' option, select it and get clear. Hope this helps and it wasn't this way in [Ghost Recon] anyway... ;)

Edited by FWF.Osteo

Hey guys....This is probably gonna sound really really stupid, but i havent played ghost recon at all before this okay. Well i do the first couple of missions fine and now im on to the one where i have to destroy this truck sorta thing with the air strike....and i dont know how to do it??? can someone please help me!!

Under your list of teammates to the left there should be an option for air striike. If not, you probably haven't gotten a point where it shows up, but that is how.

All you need to do is have eyesight with the anti aircraft vehicles, point your crosshair on it and cross-com menu click on airstrike and click on the vehile and air strike. it will get hit

Im in VIP2 down have cleared the map of tangos found the 2 vehicles that need taking out.

I call in the Airstrike and then nothing no airstrike

where am i going wrong

i scroll down to airstrike, go to map mark the vehile click execute and then i move out of the way.

NOTHING HAPPENS

[Merged into existing thread - Please search before starting a new thread]

I have never used the map. You have to have a visual on the target. Find some cover and put your cross hairs on the target then call in the airstrike. Works like a charm..

Make sure you keep your target under the crosshairs. I have moved while taking fire before and the airstrike can miss.

Oops... Sorry! I've remapped my keys so it should be mouse wheel to select the Apache, middle mouse button/wheel button to bring up the cross com orders window, wheel to attack, and press the wheel button again to place the order. Your cross hair needs to be on the main part of the vehicle I think when the order is given. Some say keep the cross hair on it until it gets hit by the missles but I just usually run for cover...

Hey again, umm yer i still need help on that part lol..soz to bug everyone but like i get a visual on the car/tank thing and you know on the left where it has your squad members and the air strike thing well i select the airstrike one and i have no idea what to do from there i swear i have pressed every single button on the keyboard to try n get it to work >.< i usually get bored and start throwing grenades at my own team....but anyways could someone please tell me what to do lol, cheers.

[Duplicate threads Merged together - Please do not raise multiple threads for the same thing]

Edited by Pave Low

i am at the checkpoint just before the first vehicle that you need to use an airstrike on..i think its the 3rd mission. Its the first time ive ever had to usae an airstrike. Also, i have installed the 1.10 patch and im wondering that maybe some of the controls have changed? because when i entered the game after installing the patch the keys had all been reset. Any ideas?..i Have been making sure im in first person and not the tactical map, the airstrike option is there i just cannot execute it for some reason. Any help would be appreciated, cheers guys.

That makes more sense. I had a problem after the 1.10 patch where my remapped action key didn't work but the screen prompted me to use the key I remapped to. I had to remap the key, save the configuration, and remap it back to what I wanted it to be. But, if you can wheel down to the air strike, the wheel works... Can you give an order to any of the other squad mates (like follow or cover)? If not you've lost the middle mouse button key; remap it, save the config, and remap it back to what you want. Good luck! (If you can give other orders, I'm not sure what else to try...)

Edit: more info on this in this thread...

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=35382

Edited by FWF.Osteo

Hey thanks for the help guys. It turns out it was just a problem with the 1.10 patch, so i reinstalled and this time only applied the 1.06 patch and everything is fine :) I checked the forums here and a lot of people had the same problem as i did and they could only fix it by not installing the 1.10 patch...i would like to have the 1.10 patch as it gave me an extra 10FPS. Im trying to run this game as smooth as possible but my aged hardware (AMD 2800 XP@ 2450, 2x512MB ddr 333 and radeon 9800XT ) I can barely get over 30 FPS and i have tried a few of the tweaks around. I've got all game settings on low or disabled, plus i have edited my "renderer_settings.xml" file. Would you guys have any tips on what else i could try which may give me some extra FPS? I have been trying to lan with friends using SLIed 6600 GT's in one machine and a 7900 GT in the other...im getting killed here lol cheers guys :)

Guest erndog

Y'all'er gonna be laffin when you read this... I spose.

I don't know how to call in an air strike. The manual sez order just like you would a team member. The way I order a team mate is to point and tap his number key to move or use the command menu.

With an Airstrike, it sez point in the general direction with your cross hairs then.... I don't know what to do, The Airstrike selection on my team menu has no number, and I've tried using the F2 and F5 keys that are supposed to be for Attack and Execute. I've pressed a lot of keys, read and re-read the manual--can't do it.

So, I see the anti aircraft emplacement I want to call the airstrike on, I point my cross hairs at it, then what's next?

Thanks!

[Merged into existing thread - Please search before starting a new thread]

Edited by Pave Low