New Aussie skins/mod

I've been busy searching through some old files and found a few Aussie skins that I made a while ago. I've just had a bit of a play with them and they don't look too bad at all. The camo pattern scale is pretty accurate and the desert camo is the now standard 'yellow' type (the bruised banana pattern!).

Does anyone want a new Australian mod? Does anyone want to contribute to this mod in any way?

I'm still trying the skins with different chr models and webbing patterns. I want this mod to be based on 4RAR/SASR so any help regarding helmets/body armour/webbing worn would be appreciated. The most up to date reference material I have are the photo's of 4RAR arriving in Timor late last week. (Really good pic's by the way - they can be seen over at militaryphotos.com)

Thanks guys. I'll PM element 11 later in the week when I have a clearer idea of what I'm doing with this mod.

Hey there,

Sounds like an awesome idea! If you need a hand with some .rsb work, compiling work (putting together .kit files and such), testing, I can give you a hand. Any chance of seeing some New Zealanders in this creation :thumbsup: ?

PrimusPilus

Hey there,

Sounds like an awesome idea! If you need a hand with some .rsb work, compiling work (putting together .kit files and such), testing, I can give you a hand. Any chance of seeing some New Zealanders in this creation :thumbsup: ?

PrimusPilus

I haven't really thought about it. All really I want to do is mess about making skins (and then if their good enough, let people use them). I'm happy to add a few kiwi's in there (NZSAS oviously). This mod is really a temporary distraction from my SAS mod, so while that's experiencing some delays, I'm happy to put some chrs/skins together.

Thanks for the support though, it's appreciated!

The reg skins for woodland and jungle are finished. I've given the chrs the CIRAS body armour that's being worn by 4 RAR in East Timor at present. I'm just converting the pouches to desert camo then the reg desert skins will also be done.

How much are you willing to do Primus Pilum? I openly admit I'm very lazy but I've spent so long on my SAS mod that I really don't want to (or have time to) start putting together a whole new mod so if you're willing to take them, the skins are yours. The state the mod is in already means there isn't too much to do to realease a nice little mod BUT if you want this mod to be really good then all the faces will need swapping (I have those already) and a bigger mix of chrs will be needed (and permissions to be obtained, of course!).This also means re-naming all the chrs and making the appropriate changes with the Tex Swap tool. I have all the skins/textures that you need, just not the time to do anything with them. If you and/or any others want these skins PM me and I'll e-mail them to you along with ideas for which models to use etc.

Cheers!

The jungle skins look particularly good at the minute. The desert body armour is causing a few minor delays but it's getting there. I particularly proud of this mod as it is all totaly original work rather than just tweaking the work of others which is all I've done until now.

Primus Pilum is keen to get started so I'll finish off what I'm doing and let him do all the dull tedious work! :)

Cheers

CMH

• 3 months later...

Good bump GiWeDa, I'd like some info as well.

Primus Pilum seems to have disappeared. Funnily enough I've just about finished a simple 4RAR commando mod that I was going to sent to Mig with some other stuff I'm doing for him.

I'll sent him some screenies and maybe he'll post them for me - I promise on all things holy that one day I will learn how to post images! PS permision will be need to be obtained for some models before release.

Oh, and they are my first wholly independent hand-made, custom crafted skins (where would we be without Wildcat, Stalker et al?).

Thanks for the interest!

Argghh -I'm having some problems sendings with sending attachments with emails so there may be a delay -but fingers crossed something will be sorted by early next week. oh and if someone can give me a rough guide to posting pics myself I'd appreciate it (so would all the people I continually pester!)

Cheers

CMH