Thank You to People Hosting Servers

I just want to thank everyone who is currently running public MP servers.

You do a tremendous amount for the community which directly affects the poularity of the game with a direct benefit for both UBI and GRIN. You do it with nothing in return and you do it despite the headaches of not being able to ban and kick players who cheat, run around like butt-holes, and disrespect those who have gone through the effort and expense of setting up a dedicated server. You do it even when kids act like it is their constitutional right to play on your server and ruin everyone's game and you do it even though you you aren't given the tools to control your own game experience despite the fact you forking over your own money for the benefit of the community at large and UBI & GRIN directly.

To whomever is responsible for creating the above conditions by not allowing those who host the servers to control the game experience, it is really sad. Intentional or not, it displays a complete lack of respect for those who spend their own money and time to make your game more popular and ultimatly make you more money. These people don't benefit from it other than being able to control the game experience and you have stripped that from them. It is not unlike taking away the moderators of this site's ability to delete, move and lock posts and then wondering why things degrade into a into frustrating mess of drivel that ultimatly turns everone away. Why should they do it and how successfull can the game really be without them? These people should be respected and insuring enough people are willing to do this should be a top-priority. Right now, that is clearly not the case.

Edited by bhh_

I just want to thank everyone who is currently running public MP servers.

Exactly, well said. People hop on and off "public" servers much of the time without so much as a second thought for the people who have gone to the trouble of setting it up, administering it, and not least paying for it, so yeh it irks me to see people disrespect the server admins by causing trouble or being generally disruptive.

So it's a big thanks from me too, to server admins of all games :thumbsup:

Maybe it's because I play fairly late at night but I must say, my first experience of hosting in coop a couple of nights ago was a very good one. Good players, tactical players, mature attitude, pleasant manners. As host, I try to promote this by waiting for people to ready up and to help figure out team equipment (like the Zeus, if it's needed) without being bossy. It's helpful if the host knows the map well. It's great hearing the BOOM of the sniper rifle knowing that it's a human teammate who just saved your azz. Above all, I managed to stay alive for at least four fifths of each mission, enabling reasonably lengthy games to take place. Never finished either "Bear" or "Quarterback" though, as I died just as we reached the President in "Quarterback" and all three teammates perished before we got to the helos in "Bear". I can live with "Leader dies, mission over" but inbuilt VOIP would have been great; as it is, I'm going to be very tempted to play primarily with squadmates using out TS server.

Maybe it's because I play fairly late at night but I must say, my first experience of hosting in coop a couple of nights ago was a very good one. Good players, tactical players, mature attitude, pleasant manners. As host, I try to promote this by waiting for people to ready up and to help figure out team equipment (like the Zeus, if it's needed) without being bossy. It's helpful if the host knows the map well. It's great hearing the BOOM of the sniper rifle knowing that it's a human teammate who just saved your azz. Above all, I managed to stay alive for at least four fifths of each mission, enabling reasonably lengthy games to take place. Never finished either "Bear" or "Quarterback" though, as I died just as we reached the President in "Quarterback" and all three teammates perished before we got to the helos in "Bear". I can live with "Leader dies, mission over" but inbuilt VOIP would have been great; as it is, I'm going to be very tempted to play primarily with squadmates using out TS server.

Yea, coop has been quite enjoyable but domination on the dedi has been a PITA.

I too would like to thank everyone running dedicated servers as well.

I would like to especially thank the Beer Drinking Assassins and Hammer Time USA for allowing me to play CO-OP missions on their servers and allowing use of their TeamSpeak. :thumbsup:

silent_op

Thanks this is good to hear,, My name is Breeze I started the Beer Drinking Assassins. I have been very fortunate in the men that I have picked up for what I call our "Core Group"

We have a strong population of older guys and are trying to run a tactical server we offer team speak to all and want nothing more then members and alliance types relations with other clans that will share comms and operate in a squad envirement.

Unfortunately there are times we can not get people to cooperate and they wont leave a server or even swap sides at the owners request. This is just so wrong and I cant tell you how frustrating it is at times to be spending a ton of money and have no recourse when some 12 yr old gets wise with me.

In any case anyone at all that is interested in joining a group of guys that want to play tactical we want a dedicated co-op and head to head server when the patch releases.

We want good people we dont mind if your new.

We feel..... You can make a good person a good player,

..................You Cant make a good player a good person..

Thanks for the nice words above

Breeze

Well said BHH.....everyone is welcome on our dedi and we have had some disrespectfull players on our server as well. The servers do need some control, so we can keep our servers running clean that our boys pay there hard earned cash to operate!!!!

Keep Up the GOOD WORK GRIN!!!

:g_withgrin:

shadow company elite server

Blame nUBI and thank GRIN.

The main purpose of this post was to express some appreciation for those who put up with the hastle to do what they do. I'm not attempting to blame anyone because at the end of the day, it doesn't really make a difference. Regardless of who is ultimatly responsible, the fact is, priority simply wasn't given to these peole's needs although they probably contribute more to the MP success (longetivity) of the game more than anyone with the exception of the developer and possibly the publisher. I just think it is incredibly sad and narrow-minded. No servers = no mass MP play, simple as that.

The main purpose of this post was to express some appreciation for those who put up with the hastle to do what they do. I'm not attempting to blame anyone because at the end of the day, it doesn't really make a difference. Regardless of who is ultimatly responsible, the fact is, priority simply wasn't given to these peole's needs although they probably contribute more to the MP success (longetivity) of the game more than anyone with the exception of the developer and possibly the publisher. I just think it is incredibly sad and narrow-minded. No servers = no mass MP play, simple as that.

As i said.

Ghost Squad Servers are Both back online. We Thank Acorn Tech for our dual OC3 connections.

WE are Using 2 seperate machines for each server.

Ghost Squad Dedicated OC3.

Intel 3.0ghz. 800 FSB

2 gig DDR 3200 memory

Windows 2003 server

30 man Server

3 rounds

Unlimited Deaths

Ghost Squad Dedicated OC3 #2

Dual Xeon 2.8 ghz

2 gig DDR 3200 ECC memory

dual WD Raptors Raid 0

Windows 2003 server

24 man server

1 round

unlimited deaths

We would like everyone to know we also upgraded out ventrilo server for people to join the chat while in play..

Vent Info..

Ventrilo IP:force.typefrag.com

Port:12843

Password:GSVENT

http://www.ghostsquad.us

Edited by d0youlikecheese

Tnx your server is one of my favorite :)

Great stuff, have to check it out.

Noticed alot more servers showing up today, fantastic.

Finally managed to get a ping under 100 aswell, without true dedi servers thats suprising.

Say again, thanks alot to everyone hosting servers, it really is appreciated....

Ubisoft should chuck you some goodies for carrying their asses.

Lol i wish i could say the same i bought 2 copys of the game just to have a cd in the drive to restart the server...

You have to thanks GRIN/UBI for their serious and very professional policy: release dedicated server files (and anticheats) 2 months leater than the game release... MAYBE <_<

Edited by [SPQR]The JAckal