Blood Mod v1.0

Rapidshare link

Instructions:

-download from the above link (hit free on the bottom)

-extract the .rar in your GRAW root folder (the one with graw.exe :shifty: ) all paths are already in there so you should have a "local" folder with subfolders and two xml

PS: Set effects quality to high or medium (maybe I'll do a "low quality" version in future if many of you need it)

Tested with 1.02 and 1.10 (if you have a localised version, move all the files inside "english" folder to "your language" folder, then you can delete "english" dir)

Have fun! :g_guns:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lo m8, I would like to try it but any chance of hosting it somewhere that doesn't try to open 50,000 popups and then eventually come up with download session invalid ;)

Ghostaholics mebbe, or speak to Rocky nicely and he may host it here ;)

Download-session invalid. Please click here.

Possible reasons:

* Download-session expired. Direct-links last a few minutes for free users and a few days for premium-users.

* You requested this download-session from a different IP than yours. If you use AOL, try a different browser.

I just tried the mod out, but I don;t think it worked. Here is how I tried it out:

I already have a "local" folder in my GR:AW folder.

local

- english

- GUI: narcom.xml, markers.xml

- effetcs: e_bullet_hits_high.xml, - decal: decals

I added your "effects" folder to my "english" folder, all of my other modded xml files worked except for your Blood Mod xmls. Can you help me sort my local folder set up.

EDIT:

move all the files inside "english" folder to "your language" folder, then you can delete "english" dir)

I did this and still no luck. Maybe it is working and I just don't notice it? Are there suppose to be wound "decals" on the Ghosts and tangos?

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

move all the files inside "english" folder to "your language" folder, then you can delete "english" dir)

Since I was never able to view the test video for this mod, I had to assume what the effects were. After running the Blood Mod v1.0, I can say that I do see a difference in the blood spray when Ghosts and Tangos are hit. The blood spray is larger, reminds me of GR1 blood spray (of which I like).

I will assume there are no wound decals, since there are only xml files and no texture files. This however should not alarm anyone. The blood effect makes a big difference and I think it will add to everyones GR:AW enjoyment.

I also have to say thank you to DiGiTALY -TC- for coming up with the "local" folder technique. This has allowed me to create a mod pack that I would like to release to the public soon.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

Are there suppose to be wound "decals" on the Ghosts and tangos?

silent_op

not in this version.. (see prev post) but it can be done and it's not that hard to figure :shifty:

are you sure your fx quality setting is at least at medium? you should see a lot more blood compared to the original effect (so u know when u hit someone or when your ai has been hit)

Are there suppose to be wound "decals" on the Ghosts and tangos?

silent_op

not in this version.. (see prev post) but it can be done and it's not that hard to figure :shifty:

are you sure your fx quality setting is at least at medium? you should see a lot more blood compared to the original effect (so u know when u hit someone or when your ai has been hit)

Oh yes, as stated in my previous post, your Blood Mod v1.0 works just fine. I have my effects set to medium. I do see the larger blood spray, very nice touch. :thumbsup:

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

The blood effect makes a big difference and I think it will add to everyones GR:AW enjoyment.

silent_op

yup, that's the goal of this mod.. a sober [GR]-like blood fx :thumbsup:

probably I'll add a longer ragdoll fx to dead bodies (coz we got phisics after all ), but nothing more

Edited by DiGiTALY -TC-

The blood effect makes a big difference and I think it will add to everyones GR:AW enjoyment.

silent_op

yup, that's the goal of this mod.. a sober [GR]-like blood fx :thumbsup:

probably I'll add a longer ragdoll fx to dead bodies (coz we got phisics after all ), but nothing more

Nice Work , man ! I've been looking forward to this .

I've asked to Rocky for hosting, let's wait for in his help :thumbsup:

I didn't get that request, did you e-mail it? I see GH have it covered now anyway, but I'll add another mirror when I get home too :thumbsup: