Adding existing weapons

vene

Hi

So far i have manage to change clipsize of the weapons, thats the only thing i manage to do couse other things like adding scope to assualtrifles silencer to the M99 and likely things get the game to crash. So now i have a question, i want to add alredy existing weapons like the PSG1 and G36 and other weapons that the AI has, any ide how to do this, when i check the xml files i cant se any major difrense between the ghost weapons and the ai weapons.

Hi

So far i have manage to change clipsize of the weapons, thats the only thing i manage to do couse other things like adding scope to assualtrifles silencer to the M99 and likely things get the game to crash. So now i have a question, i want to add alredy existing weapons like the PSG1 and G36 and other weapons that the AI has, any ide how to do this, when i check the xml files i cant se any major difrense between the ghost weapons and the ai weapons.

so far, nobody has been able to do this, although it is probably possible.

Hi

I'm curious. Why do you want to get the G36? I mean, the M8 (formally XM8) is almost the same thing as the G36 - only the shape is different (as far as I know). Even the manufacturer is the same! :blink: Edited by Vth_F_Smith

well the G36 wasnt the main weapon i wanted, the weapon i want moast is the PSG1, I miss a semisniper in the game.

curently i thinking about to copy an existing playerweapon and then replace the modell, but somone mention in an another post that it could be problem with a 3rd person weaponmodel, any ides is welcome and i would love to get those 3d models in the game.

well the G36 wasnt the main weapon i wanted, the weapon i want moast is the PSG1, I miss a semisniper in the game.

curently i thinking about to copy an existing playerweapon and then replace the modell, but somone mention in an another post that it could be problem with a 3rd person weaponmodel, any ides is welcome and i would love to get those 3d models in the game.

well you've got your semisniper now. :)

The XM8 had many advancements over the original G36K such as the ambidextrious trigger finger mag release and bolt release. Well... I guess it's all ergonimic stuff. The internals are basically the same.

Future versions of the G36 series will likely incorporate the XM8 developements.

It would also have been manufactured at a new HK plant, I believe also in South Carolina, like FN does for the M16 and SCAR.

That being said, I'd like to get the G36K in the game just because it looks kind of cool :)

I think the big deal here, in my opinion at least, is that I like a variety of weapons, no matter if they're similar in stats. I'm the kind of guy that would run every weapon mod package in the original GR just so I could take all sorts of different guns into combat.

This is what I miss most from this game is the ability to choose from a vast arsenal, so please figure out how to get the G36 into the game. :)

Also a silenced Ruger 10/22 and a Micro-Uzi sidearm (like the IDF mod) would be delightful too! :D

I was able to add it to my inventory to a limited extent.

You have to change the weapon_data.XML file. I found it located in my "\local\english\lib\managers\xml" folder. In that file, all weapons are classified as a player weapon or an AI weapon. You'll have to play with some of the values because I can't remember exactly what all I changed. I think it was just adding it to the top list (player weapons) and changing the player_weapon="0" to player_weapon="1", but I can't remember if I changed anything else.