New Map Available Now

element11

Hey all. In an attempt to get back into ghost recon modding, i threw together this quick desert map. It only took me less than 2 weeks, but im fairly happy with it. This is a small map in a canyon. It is not super AI friendly, but it isnt too bad. It is a small map mainly intended for some intense multiplayer battles, but i threw together a quick scenario. You can find it in the quick mission menu. Theres no objectives, because I dont know how to script, but theres a few enemies to kill (lotsa fun :) ). If someone would like to script a mission or two, that would be super cool. I have tested for bugs, and it is pretty much free of bugs as far as I know. This is a beta release, so if you guys have any bugs to report, post back here, and ill fix them and release a 1.0 version along with a mission if someone wants to give that a try. Also, the only problem I can see is the command map dopsent work properly. Since i have never finished a map before, I have never done this before. I will eventually fix this for the second release, but i just wanted to release a beta version for now anyways. Heres some screenshots.

ScreenShot0.jpg

ScreenShot1.jpg

ScreenShot2.jpg

ScreenShot3.jpg

ScreenShot4.jpg

Download here

Edited by Rocky

If there is an issue with the command map not working where you just get "out of bounds" beeps then you are missing your shermanlevel (if I remember correctly) you may have also just accidentally grouped it with a room, which it should not be grouped with anything.

You can make a map more "AI-friendly" by adding more collidable objects. The .sht file that is generated generates all of the path-points between walls, rocks, etc.

Befroehand thanks ELEMENT11 for the map !!

theres some ground to fix , sound of steps in dif, textures, some colision and levels in the entrance of the first level of the bdg. with Grafiti the transition from steps to first level "sherman ' , in the cave theres "glitches" and some walls of the same texture of cave , under the bdg. of grafiti some trouble when the character steps out from under , you are out o map lost the level .

for now this are the ones We saw didnt have to much time to test, runs smooth.

good map for MP firefights and Close Combat.

cheers

nice map for good firefights

very nice map man do keep up the good work.to all you modders please keep GR1 alive! :thumbsup:

very nice map man do keep up the good work.to all you modders please keep GR1 alive! :thumbsup:(ubi should sell GR1 one back to RSE)

Thanks very much for the positive feedback guys, much appreciated.

If there is an issue with the command map not working where you just get "out of bounds" beeps then you are missing your shermanlevel (if I remember correctly) you may have also just accidentally grouped it with a room, which it should not be grouped with anything.

I have the sherman level and it isnt grouped. Ill check and see if i forgot to tag it correctly in the map editor?

You can make a map more "AI-friendly" by adding more collidable objects. The .sht file that is generated generates all of the path-points between walls, rocks, etc.

Ill look into that.

Befroehand thanks ELEMENT11 for the map !!

theres some ground to fix , sound of steps in dif, textures, some colision and levels in the entrance of the first level of the bdg. with Grafiti the transition from steps to first level "sherman ' , in the cave theres "glitches" and some walls of the same texture of cave , under the bdg. of grafiti some trouble when the character steps out from under , you are out o map lost the level .

for now this are the ones We saw didnt have to much time to test, runs smooth.

good map for MP firefights and Close Combat.

cheers

nice map for good firefights

Thanks for the tip, ill definately look at those.

I've looked at the modfiles and there are several small issues going on:

- You've got to set the coordinates of the map's scenecentre in order to make the AI display correctly on the map and also make it possible to give them waypoints. Check your 3dsmfile of the map and locate the scenecentre. Set the correct X and Y coordinates in the environmentfile, that shoudl fix it.

- Some plateaus are not tagged as a floor or have a collisionwall, so you're just walking right through them.

- The floor in the first hut you encounter when coming out of the canyon has an elevated floor that does not have a floortag. I also got stuck trying to get outside again (probably a floortag issue or a collisionwall)

- The canyons have several gaps in the floor where it connects the canyonwall (look left for instance once you come out of the canyon after inserting)

- Just cosmetic: some of the rocks could have a better UVW-map.

It's a nice first map ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The reason there have been no updates is not because i have given up on this map, but because I have been working hard on making a few changes as this map will be featured in centcom. There will be no further versions of this map, but look for it in centcom.

The reason there have been no updates is not because i have given up on this map, but because I have been working hard on making a few changes as this map will be featured in centcom. There will be no further versions of this map, but look for it in centcom.
That's wonderful, element11; thank you! :flowers:

Sweet. So glad to hear CENTCOM's getting beefed up even more.

I have no idea why the command map isnt working. I have tried everything everyone has said, I just dont know what to do. When you press the map, the guys are in the far corner and they should be in the middle. Sometimes theyre off the map. :wall:

The answer to this one is really simple:

You haven't offset your background image.

If you load up your environment in the environment editor, to the right of background image you will see two boxes labelled something like "offset" or "offset image".

By putting a value in these boxes it will line your background image up with the gameworld.

I usually start with minus 200 in each box then fine adjust by loading the game and seeing how far out against a landmark etc I am.

In your case the -200 figure is approx right (but I'll let you sort that one out)

Nice work by the way (can't beleive you did it in the timeframe, it takes me a couple of weeks just to fire the PC up)

If I do have a small complaint it's the texturing of the rocks.

You have used the UVW map command for this but then left things as they stand, this just doesn't look realistic to me (but it is just my opinion)

I try to edit UVWs by hand afterward to make large items like rockfaces appear more natural.

Good luck with the map, Phlook ;)

- You've got to set the coordinates of the map's scenecentre in order to make the AI display correctly on the map and also make it possible to give them waypoints. Check your 3dsmfile of the map and locate the scenecentre. Set the correct X and Y coordinates in the environmentfile, that shoudl fix it.

- Some plateaus are not tagged as a floor or have a collisionwall, so you're just walking right through them.

- The floor in the first hut you encounter when coming out of the canyon has an elevated floor that does not have a floortag. I also got stuck trying to get outside again (probably a floortag issue or a collisionwall)

- The canyons have several gaps in the floor where it connects the canyonwall (look left for instance once you come out of the canyon after inserting)

It's a nice first map ;)

Hey Phlookian, Deleyt had already covered the command map coords. It's the first thing he mentions. Unless (insert map makers name here) didn't read his post. :P

BUSTED! :rofl:

Though to be fair, the fact that Element 11 is still posting about the same problem means that he didn't understand the previous explanation.

I fired up his map, changed the co-ords and all is hunky-dory

Maybe when the gods of modding deign to hand down instructions to the mere mortals below them they could do it in a more user friendly fashion :whistle:

erm......

and in the mean time i'll see if I can learn to read ;)

It's a nice first map ;)

Hey Phlookian, Deleyt had already covered the command map coords. It's the first thing he mentions. Unless (insert map makers name here) didn't read his post. :P

I have no idea why the command map isnt working. I have tried everything everyone has said, I just dont know what to do. When you press the map, the guys are in the far corner and they should be in the middle. Sometimes theyre off the map. :wall:

Yeah I just didnt get it. I thought D meant to put the x and y values of the scenecenter (which were (-9.724,8.567)) in the offset. I did this and nothing changed. Ill try the 200 ish that phookian said. :whistle:

Edited by element11