Slapped Wrist for GRIN LoL

Just came across this, haha

Naughty GRIN! ...but then it might add to why your so keen to get us fixes done.

I aint complaining, this is too funny...

"Looks like they knew this game was broken when it was released. If you have extracted your bundle file, do this: open up explorer and go to your Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\Data\levels\backdrop\ folder. Then find the world.xml file and open it up with notepad. Scroll down about 1/5th of the way and you will see a line that says:

<!-- effects! do not activate until the stuff is fixed! -->

LoL "

Bwahahah ...... :g_withgrin:

There is no LEVELS folder in my DATA folder

Just came across this, haha

Naughty GRIN! ...but then it might add to why your so keen to get us fixes done.

I aint complaining, this is too funny...

"Looks like they knew this game was broken when it was released. If you have extracted your bundle file, do this: open up explorer and go to your Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\Data\levels\backdrop\ folder. Then find the world.xml file and open it up with notepad. Scroll down about 1/5th of the way and you will see a line that says:

<!-- effects! do not activate until the stuff is fixed! -->

LoL "

Bwahahah ...... :g_withgrin:

Nothing to do with patching :blink:

People have been unbundling the game files (basically like unzipping) and this leaves you with the entire structure of the game, folders, files etc.

On a slightly related note though, if you do unbundle your install then DON'T try to patch it as this may cause you problems ;)

I think it's just a comment/note that is left in the xml i guess.

There is also a small note somewhere that says something like "Should it be team killed or teamkilled", so X team killed Y or X teamkilled Y.

it could be that ubi pushed them to get it out before it was completed. The ones with the money often make the decision but have no idea how long it takes or even how anything works. I wouldn't put blame on anyone without knowing the full facts. I run into crap like this at my job constantly where some dumbass salesman promises something that isn't possible so we release something that is unfinished that we have to update constantly.

it could be that ubi pushed them to get it out before it was completed. The ones with the money often make the decision but have no idea how long it takes or even how anything works. I wouldn't put blame on anyone without knowing the full facts. I run into crap like this at my job constantly where some dumbass salesman promises something that isn't possible so we release something that is unfinished that we have to update constantly.

Ghost9

Your doing the exact polar opposite of what you are accusing others of doing in another thread, this is a lighthearted thread so far and doesn't need anyone jumping to GRIN's defence as noone is making any attacks.

I'm sorry if this offends you m8, it really is not my intention, i'm just sick of both ends of the spectrum spouting love or hate all over these forums.

Ghost9

Your doing the exact polar opposite of what you are accusing others of doing in another thread, this is a lighthearted thread so far and doesn't need anyone jumping to GRIN's defence as noone is making any attacks.

I'm sorry if this offends you m8, it really is not my intention, i'm just sick of both ends of the spectrum spouting love or hate all over these forums.

i was not offended nor was I trying to be heavy hearted, nor am I attacking, nor am I being a fanboy. The statement was made that GRiN released an unfinished product and I was merely stating that perhaps it was not GRiN but Ubi pushing. So perhaps it would be ubi requiring the slap on the wrist.

@rugbutt - I do not refuse to believe that there is nothing wrong with GRAW, I know there are things wrong with graw. But I don't constantly say how I think poorly of the devs or how none of my friends will buy it blah blah. but no more needs to be said as this is a light hearted thread.

I think it's just a comment/note that is left in the xml i guess.

There is also a small note somewhere that says something like "Should it be team killed or teamkilled", so X team killed Y or X teamkilled Y.

Yeah. Any of you have done any fairly serious programming will have used hundreds/thousands of comments during development. Not all of these are removed, since it's a waste of manhours.

The DOS comments are pretty funny ;)

Edited by Trident-za

Isn't that a spelling/language thingy?

Online dictionary, if in doubt,

"team killed" not a single word but a term to define the killing of ones team members by another of the same team.

No such word as teamkilled [maybe slang] only the term, [a collection of words to describe].

Isn't that a spelling/language thingy?

Online dictionary, if in doubt,

"team killed" not a single word but a term to define the killing of ones team members by another of the same team.

No such word as teamkilled [maybe slang] only the term, [a collection of words to describe].

Yes, and that comment was more than likely a reminder to CHECK the online dictionary, and ensure that the appropriate term was used ;)

It is not uncommon to have notes like this in files. Even for a released game. It is also not uncommon for someone to forget to remove a comment even after something has been fixed.

You should see my comments. Half them blame Rugg. :P

Edit:

On a commical note of my comments that I intentionally left in to some work I did was:

"###### Getn() is returning "n"." (appeantly the letters w, t, and f are censored.)

Followed by a detailed explanation of a strange array access bug and why not to change my work around code (which followed a different languages method).

Edited by Suli