Fast running cheaters already?

:o= I've been seeing people online running extremely fast lately!!!!

They are impossible to hit and they get to the midmap sections before anyone else at the start of games catching the other team by surprise!

Are these guys cheating already???

Cheating ruined GR1 for me, isnt there something GRIN can do about this???

They are impossible to hit and they get to the midmap sections before anyone else at the start of games catching the other team by surprise!

Oh my friend, you are in luck. There is indeed something that GRIN can do, and HAVE done regarding cheating.

Bo had the foresight not to include PB, or Replays.

Then to ensure everyones fun, you can't kick or ban on the Gamespot servers...

And Dom Mode, well, Bo got that one right too! This is why there about 50-100 playing at any given time!

Maybe June patch will save GRAW MP. Doubt it.

I'm beginning to believe that GRIN never played thru even one level of [GR]................

Rugg, you know that they didn't. It is really sad to see so much hype, by Bo, about how true to GR1 he was for MP etc., and you get online and about 50-100 persons playing DOM Mode (tvt).

Talk about a beeeotch slap by the community. How did if feel GRIN? Was it strong enough to wake you ###### up so that you may yet still save the MP (tvt) side of this game?

Their MP (tvt) Dom Mode is a poorly conceived and executed copy of BF2+CS= POOP...the MP (tvt) numbers, or rather, lack of numbers, says it all!

It looks like "Let Down" and "GRAW" had a lot in common. That is a shame.

Will the June Patch fix it??? I have shaken faith. Trust through verification.

What is with all the hateful and negative reply semper? I would seriously like to see how well you do if you boss told you had had a year and a half to do 3 years worth of work..

They did an excellent job with what time they had. And they are already working on a patch. My guess would be that Dom mode was not necessarly GRIN's decission. I would say that UBI wanted a catchphrase to put on the box, and that is why it went in before TDM and other game modes. Give them time, the are working on it.

And as for the cheating, well GRIN promised an inhouse anti-cheat so hopefully that does the trick. The fact that they interact with people here alone give me faith in them that they want GRAW to be as good as possible. Taking cheap shots at them at every chance does is not helpful.

As far as replays go... If everyone thinks that GRAW is a system hog now, I would seriously like to see how well it would perform having to record everything for playback.

:g_withgrin:

I find it weard that a guy can be running then stop and shot at me, all the while I am trying to just aim at him. He wasent even looking at me.

Why must people cheat, i dont get it, WHY WHYWHY.

Anyway MORE MAPS WOULD BE NICE. MORE MODES, MORE EVERYTHING

I DID NOT SPEND 50$ FOR A DEMO.

Oh my friend, you are in luck. There is indeed something that GRIN can do, and HAVE done regarding cheating.

Bo had the foresight not to include PB, or Replays.

Then to ensure everyones fun, you can't kick or ban on the Gamespot servers...

And Dom Mode, well, Bo got that one right too! This is why there about 50-100 playing at any given time!

Maybe June patch will save GRAW MP. Doubt it.

:rofl:

funny.....but so true

I still don't understand why anyone would still hang around forums for games they don't like. I mean are you looking for some sort of validation for your feelings towards a game. GR:AW is not like GR1 nor is ever going to be. Just like Lockdown was not like RVS. That is why it is called GR3 not GR1+expansion pack. All I know is I am having fun playing with your so called 50-100 players that play this game online. There's alot more than that. If I remember right there are very few games out there that ever have PB and/or server files released when the game is. Just how the industry works I guess. RVS didn't have PB until v1.4.

I still don't understand why anyone would still hang around forums for games they don't like. I mean are you looking for some sort of validation for your feelings towards a game. GR:AW is not like GR1 nor is ever going to be. Just like Lockdown was not like RVS. That is why it is called GR3 not GR1+expansion pack. All I know is I am having fun playing with your so called 50-100 players that play this game online. There's alot more than that. If I remember right there are very few games out there that ever have PB and/or server files released when the game is. Just how the industry works I guess. RVS didn't have PB until v1.4.

The reason why I stick around is because I love [GR] and I want GRAW to be just as fun, also i spent 50$ for this game and I want what I exprcted.

I am ok with no PB as long as i am just playing with buddies.

I find it weard that a guy can be running then stop and shot at me, all the while I am trying to just aim at him. He wasent even looking at me.

Why must people cheat, i dont get it, WHY WHYWHY.

I am ok with no PB as long as i am just playing with buddies.

Then it's your buddies that are cheating?

I'm beginning to believe that GRIN never played thru even one level of [GR]................

Rugg, you know that they didn't. It is really sad to see so much hype, by Bo, about how true to GR1 he was for MP etc., and you get online and about 50-100 persons playing DOM Mode (tvt).

Talk about a beeeotch slap by the community. How did if feel GRIN? Was it strong enough to wake you ###### up so that you may yet still save the MP (tvt) side of this game?

Their MP (tvt) Dom Mode is a poorly conceived and executed copy of BF2+CS= POOP...the MP (tvt) numbers, or rather, lack of numbers, says it all!

It looks like "Let Down" and "GRAW" had a lot in common. That is a shame.

Will the June Patch fix it??? I have shaken faith. Trust through verification.

You know, I try and avoid displeasure when I can. So my question to you is, why do you subject yourself to a game like GRAW? are you a glutton for pain and displeasure?

aside from that, my meaning is noone is holding a gun to your head to stay here. why not leave? It sickens me that certain folks here who come from other groups, other games like FRYCRY, CRYSIS, BF2 and so on, moan groan and complain when GRIN is by far the only, I mean the only DEV I know of who quickly fixes issues as fast as they do. I'm certain that some folks come from these other games to downplay GRAW. It would appear that YOU are the minority here. But You obviously haven't seen the sheer number of servers up and running now. sure, there are online/gamespy issues, but when they get fixed with stability patch 1.10 soon, what will you complain about then? "oh i don't like the gamebox design, it crashes my damn PC." What I think the truth is, is that you know that GRAW WILL be fixed and become something you don't want it to be. IF GRAW becomes successful, that's just that many less folks to buy into Crysis and many other games, but don't get me wrong, it looks pretty but the crytek engine looked pretty in Farcry but the gameplay bites. Don't get me wrong ruggbutt, I saw your shout at obsidian edge's website so I'm under the impression that there's an attack at GRIN to bring down and downplay EVEN to the point to generate a bias at GRAW.

as for GRIN playing [GR]..who cares? like my friend crowmanUK said, "if an elvis impersonator sang and acted just like elvis, you might like it, but you'd still cry "it's NOT elvis!!..what a bunch of :bs: why are you wasting space here and NOT playing [GR]? Noone is stopping you.. :rant:

Blimey...

-Papa6

What is with all the hateful and negative reply semper? I would seriously like to see how well you do if you boss told you had had a year and a half to do 3 years worth of work..

If I tell a customer a job is gonna take 2 months, and they want it done in a month then I hire more people.

Don't get me wrong ruggbutt, I saw your shout at obsidian edge's website so I'm under the impression that there's an attack at GRIN to bring down and downplay EVEN to the point to generate a bias at GRAW.

A truly uninformed statement if I've ever heard one. If you have no idea what I've done for the [GR] community then that's your problem. I care about the community, and about a WORTHY sequel to [GR]. As far as the bias statement goes, you're way off base. Here's the big difference, I ain't getting paid for anything to do with OE or Crysis. OE2 is gonna be free. So I don't give a care whether you or anyone else likes it or plays it. It will stand on it's own and OE1 is seeing a resurgance in players. People like it so they play it. Some don't so they aren't playing it. And believe it or not, I don't lose one bit of sleep cuz some aren't.

Before any more of you rocket scientists decide that you know me well enough to make ignorant statements like that, don't bother. I have no intention of being a dev for a living. I'm billing $800-$1000 a day at my real job which paid for my home and my toys. That's my priority. No offense Papa, but you have no clue about who and what I am. I speak my mind and there ain't any ulterior motives. Put your tinfoil hat on and look elsewhere for conpiracies.

Edited by ruggbutt

If you have no idea what I've done for the [GR] community then that's your problem. I care about the community, and about a WORTHY sequel to [GR].

Nope i have no idea, right now you are just ranting!

See problem is that´s your (and some of the other "fans") opinion that GRAW in not a worthy sequel. I liked [GR] at it´s time and i like GRAW now!

Ppl like do idealize things they loved in the past, but i can remember the complaining when [GR] was released and many ppl where ranting about "not havin a gun", ppl had network issues, ppl coulden´t connect to servers etc.

It´s reptetive, there will always be some guys around who don´t like new concepts because they loved the old ones.

See i don´t like the " iplayedOGRforalongtimeandididsomuchforthecommunityandyouareanoob " attitude, i think that anyones opinion who registers here in the board has the same value than yours.

If you like tactical shooters and you own HL² you should check www.insurgencymod.net you might like it!

Edited by BadKarma1001

Cheating is a big problem. That was a critical problem for GR1 and many cheats were made for it.

Today we have GR3 and many people asked for anticheat system before GR3 relized. But I see history is repeating. THAT'S NO GOOD! DO SOMETHING!

Guys this had better go back on topic or else say goodbye to it.

Hanging around forums without a possitive thing to say about any thing is a pass time for some people, some of you need to ignore it, as most of the staff here do.

Rest assure that the heating will be stopped asap. The MP patch or at least any patching in June will most certainly include some kind AC. And to stop any smartass comments, I bet 50$ on it, sent to unbiased third person in advance. And redistributed to the winner after June.

btw

I know one ranter in this thread who shouldn't be so heavy handed and self-righteous when it comes to oppose the practice of judging other people, based on a few posts at a forum.

Edited by JASGripen

It's funny how a question that has had nothing really negative torwards GRAW can be turned into a flame war.

It's quite childish, and I don't blame Bo for leaving.

Before, everyone got along. Then GRAW came out, then everyone started hating each other and flame after flame after flame over nothing really. How mature.

Some people have called the UBI forums immature, boy that was the pot calling the kettle black.

If anything guys, just bring the flame into a PM.

Ruggbutt, you did a lot of work for [GR]? I appologize, but I am unaware of what you have done, and I'm sure it was great. But what gives you this high status? Why would anyone care about your personal life and how much money you make? Who asked?

I don't come here to read everyone's rant and how much money you make or what other game you mod for.

I come here to read about any possible technical issues people have, and if they are resolved. Or if I can help. And I come here to read about possible patches or any kind of news. I also post some issues I have of the game, but I also put something of worth into my posts, and possible solutions.

I'm done, you can tear apart my post all you want, but it's only adding to the immature level that GR.net has achieved in my eyes.

As for the speed cheats, yes, I have noticed quite a bit of it.

I had exited FRAPS prior to running GRAW so I couldn't get any proof on video. But I did end up killing that guy. :D

I see a common trait in PC gaming overall, which unfortunately has gotten worse in in the past 12 months.

The future will be like this....

" Ghost Recon Lazer Squad Warrior 2 - Released November 12th 2009 , but expected to be ready April 5th 2010 "

This isn't the most expensive Beta program I have ever bought into, Battlefield 2 was by far. Save my ranting for their forums, this aint got nothing on the pain given by that game.

Well, I got this game a couple of days before the release date thanks to my supplier and lovely postie, installed.... and was like "######".

But willing to sit back, put the game on the shelf, and not touch it until it's fixed.

In essence, I have created my own release date, and that's in June.

Try it, you won't feel as badly done by and no longer feel the need to rant.

I see a common trait in PC gaming overall, which unfortunately has gotten worse in in the past 12 months.

The future will be like this....

" Ghost Recon Lazer Squad Warrior 2 - Released November 12th 2009 , but expected to be ready April 5th 2010 "

This isn't the most expensive Beta program I have ever bought into, Battlefield 2 was by far. Save my ranting for their forums, this aint got nothing on the pain given by that game.

Well, I got this game a couple of days before the release date thanks to my supplier and lovely postie, installed.... and was like "######".

But willing to sit back, put the game on the shelf, and not touch it until it's fixed.

In essence, I have created my own release date, and that's in June.

Try it, you won't feel as badly done by and no longer feel the need to rant.

If you dont want a developer to give a release date, then it should be TBA. Its just Estimated Time, not a a 12 o'clock Santa claus!.

release date is like Worst thing ever, even the worst than the game itself, right? Yeah right!

It's funny how a question that has had nothing really negative torwards GRAW can be turned into a flame war.

It's quite childish, and I don't blame Bo for leaving.

Before, everyone got along. Then GRAW came out, then everyone started hating each other and flame after flame after flame over nothing really. How mature.

Some people have called the UBI forums immature, boy that was the pot calling the kettle black.

If anything guys, just bring the flame into a PM.

Ruggbutt, you did a lot of work for [GR]? I appologize, but I am unaware of what you have done, and I'm sure it was great. But what gives you this high status? Why would anyone care about your personal life and how much money you make? Who asked?

I don't come here to read everyone's rant and how much money you make or what other game you mod for.

I come here to read about any possible technical issues people have, and if they are resolved. Or if I can help. And I come here to read about possible patches or any kind of news. I also post some issues I have of the game, but I also put something of worth into my posts, and possible solutions.

I'm done, you can tear apart my post all you want, but it's only adding to the immature level that GR.net has achieved in my eyes.

As for the speed cheats, yes, I have noticed quite a bit of it.

I had exited FRAPS prior to running GRAW so I couldn't get any proof on video. But I did end up killing that guy. :D

I agree with above.

We chose to develop our own anti-cheat solution, instead of using third-party tools like Punkbuster. The anti-cheat functionality will be updated with patches as well.

Fixes:

- Numerous HUD fixes to prevent issues with cameras, inventory screens and resupply.

- Animation and lighting fixes for various objects.

- Fixed general synchronization problems in Cooperative and Domination modes.

- Destructible objects are correctly reset when restarting rounds in multiplayer.

- Issues causing user disconnects in multiplayer have been found and fixed.

- You can no longer remain invisible and kill players using grenades.

- Fixed crash that could occur after restarting rounds on Avenues map.

- Player can no longer spawn dead or remain living when the round restarts.

- Zone glitches on two multiplayer maps corrected.

- Game no longer crashes while attempting to open inventory out of Dom zone.

- Helicopters will no longer fall down in certain situations.

- Cooperative objective waypoints correctly appear after spawning into an AI ghost.

- Domination statistics have been adjusted.

- GRAW will no longer run as process priority "High", resolving keyboard problems.

Interface updates:

- Coop players can now see status of others in inventory.

Gray means loading, yellow is not ready, green means good to go.

- You no longer have to press "Enter" to confirm input in the multiplayer interface.

This should fix certain issues users were having with Gamespy login.

- In game chat can now be toggled to be visible or not.

Default key for this is "u". You will still receive chat messages when this is hidden.

- Key bindings added for CrossCom actions.

It is now possible to reassign the CrossCom previous and next buttons through the

game interface. This change will resolve the issue for users with no mouse wheel.

Reading the above statements I'm making thsi out as that there is no anti-cheat function available for GR3 at all (at least I can't seem to find it in the server-settings), and looking at the patchlist that was released by UBI today, there won't be an anti-cheat-function at all?