PLAYING GRAW Online via gamespy

SERVERS / PLAYERS & PING via GameSpy  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A couple of members have mentioned in passing comments, on how few players there are via the

GAMESPY CONNECTION SYSTEM [built into GRAW]. I thought the same...for a game that went GOLD pre-launch, I rearly see more that 4 or 5 full 20/32 players servers and a small bunch of smaller & co-op servers.

Question:

With no Direct I.P. access at the moment, I'd like to ask.

How many servers do you normally see via gamespy [MP] page in GRAW ?

How many players do you see Online on a typical night ?

What’s your typical PING via gamespy ?

I normally see 4 pages of 14 servers some are dashed out, total of 200 players max and pings on average of 160+ mS [milli seconds] are my norm.

I'm trying to figure out if everyone in general has poor PINGS on average [as I do] and see so few players on a handful of servers.

You can Comment if you like.

Played some mp last night, lots of domination mode, coop is very poor, i saw around 5 maybe six servers and most of em were password locked. Don't recall my ping but i allways connect to the lowest ping server, allthough i noyiced on one server the players seemed to run on the spot for ages, looks kinda funny heh heh. On the 1.06 patch.

I thought I was doing something wrong :wall: never get that many servers or players. Is there another way to play the game like through xfire or something else? :rolleyes:

Ben, has posted a little link to a php server page that checks the GameSpy server for number of GRAW servers and players... seems to work a treat ....

wow very few people are playing this game online I wonder why??? Maybe the stupid gamespy mp cuts down everyone else who bought the game. I can play any game online except this one.

Your poll needs PEOPLE WHO CANT CONNECT

that should show something interesting

wow very few people are playing this game online I wonder why??? Maybe the stupid gamespy mp cuts down everyone else who bought the game. I can play any game online except this one.

Your poll needs PEOPLE WHO CANT CONNECT

that should show something interesting

Sorry I only get max of 3 questions !! but on another note re: your reply.

I suspect the same, Gamespy is the culprit, I personally never liked it, since they charge for a basic service...of finding other users...if you don't pay you seem to get a second rate Free service....AKA GRAW Online?? [my own opinion]. but I am hoping when [if] GRIN include direct I.P. [and ASE] support there maybe a big difference in online MP players.... Till JUNE.

Do you find servers laggy & mostly with high ping times?

GRAW PID on GameSpy is '1335' Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Is the link you gave a live updated player/ server status on GS ?

It's live updated... just like down here: http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/mods.asp?id=1335&s=1

And yes... it's 1335...

Too bad it's not 1337 :P

GRAW PID on GameSpy is '1335' Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Is the link you gave a live updated player/ server status on GS ?

It's live updated... just like down here: http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/mods.asp?id=1335&s=1

And yes... it's 1335...

Too bad it's not 1337 :P

@keekee

Thanks for the link and info 100% !! :thumbsup:

1337 Asobi Taizen (DS) <---- :lol:

When I go onto GameSpy, I'm only interested in the CO-OP servers. The biggest problem with the CO-OP servers is that there is only 4 player CO-OP. This in itself greatly reduces the desire for people to want to even play CO-OP. Only the true CO-OP players will stick it out (my opinion). The CO-OP servers fill fast (for obvious reasons) and then usually when you find one, it is password entry only. I can understand the reason for the password entry CO-OP rooms, but it can be very frustrating.

CO-OP players usually like to find a group that really wants to work as a team and not run-n-gun. This usually means that you want people you know and or who also have TeamSpeak or Ventrilo. Even I'm guilty of making password entry CO-OP rooms, its the only way I can play with my Phoenix Soldiers. When the dedicated server files are released, I won't be on GameSpy at all.

silent_op

One more significant issue with the co-op "pickup" play experience is that you can only join a server while the players are not in-game. In GR, the waiting room and in game notification of people joining provided casual chat for the folks waiting, and let the people that were in game know how many are waiting to play. As things currently work in GRAW, the only way I have played co-op is by mutual agreement before hand in TeamSpeak which is followed by quickly putting up a password protected server via the gamespy. There really is not opportunity to "kill time" by playing a few firefights while waiting for players to join you, because they will never know you are there (and there is no firefight).