HEADSHOT?

I've greatly enjoyed the game, finished the SP yesterday, now to go do it in hardmode. :o=

However my buddy and I noticed this in the game. When I put a bullet upside a boonie hat wearing Mexican's head (from a SCAR L, 5.56mm) it seems like half the time he just falls down and gets back up. Actually whether or not they have a helmet or not does not seem to matter.

My question is this, is there any damage bonus for a head shot? Because what I've experienced it seems like there is either none at all, or something is screwed up with the 5.56mm ammo.

i did have head shots and one shot kills in sp

not often though, even with mr-c and mp5sd

(scar H does work properly :P)

i think it is the damage model and or the angle or approach

shots in the back often are one shot one kill

keep in mind that there is some margin of error due to load out of your man

but i think it should be somewhere in the xml's how the damage model is done

Just last night I remarked how the US soldiers should also be wearing sombreros, they are basically God on your head.

When it's night time, and you lean a corner with a silencer and night vision on, of course you aim for the head. It is very annoying when you make a direct hit and they fall and pop right back up.

maybe a log file with every shot recorded would suit you all,

i have had head shots in single player missions (medium) at 50 meters scar H

maybe you should watch your stamina or i just am plain lucky

a log file would show every one what shot made what difference

again this is a XML tweak thing i think

i have never played with scar L or M8 so i do not have any info on that from own experiance, nor have i played mp yet or at other settings than medium

but i know scar H will drop about 60% of the enemies when hit in the head (estimation on feel as i have no logfile of this)

but again a log file and damage model explanation would sort this out

i do think it is a stamina thing or damage model related

I've seen both headshots instant kill and sometimes seen them get up after (using Scar -L).

I don't know but maybe GRIN could confirm but i think that ballistics may come into this.

Just because you've got the red dot on his head doesn't mean thats where he gets hit.

Bullet drop/wind etc.. may mean you actually end up hitting him in the upper body and thus only wounding him.

I've had inconsistent 1 shot kills with headshots and the SCAR H in single player.

Two nights ago my friend and I were checking out the mp maps and looking for things to watch out for.

He asked me to kill him so he could resupply,

I obliged him with a 7.62 to the HUD from 3 meters.

He was knocked down to yellow health and required two finishers.

Being familiar with firearms IRL, there's nothing on two legs and few things on 4 that would be able to shrug off a 7.62 FMJ to the eye socket from that range.

I've seen both headshots instant kill and sometimes seen them get up after (using Scar -L).

I don't know but maybe GRIN could confirm but i think that ballistics may come into this.

Just because you've got the red dot on his head doesn't mean thats where he gets hit.

Bullet drop/wind etc.. may mean you actually end up hitting him in the upper body and thus only wounding him.

Negative on that, according to GRIN they played with ballistics but decided against including bullet drop and wind effect because it just made the game feel buggy.

I did see a refference to ballistics in one of the .xmls, it was set to false, has anyone tried setting it to true?

Anyway, I think I'm going to look around some more and if I find the damage model I'm going to make any headshot with any weapon be instant kill. Unless I can find a way to make the helmet a seaparate damage zone than one that misses the helmet of course... <_<