Mission #8: Guardrail IX

Could someone help me get past this level? I'm stuck on this and have been for ages (to the point i dont want to load game up). Ive tried the all mission codes but it didnt work and would only let me play the game from beginning, does anyone have a save i could use past this level as i would like to complete the game before the sequel and dont get as much time as i would like to persevere past this point :wall:

Regards.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't keep my save games, but are you even sure that would work?

Have you tried lowering the level to easy for this this mission? I played it very slow and sniped from the edges in a hit and run tactic. Use the UAV to spot the enemy and worked my way in to a position I could take them with little risk to myself. If you go head long in you will find your self out gunned very quickly.

Got there yet pondlife?

Stuck here for ages also, but resisted the temptation to lower level to easy (may not make much difference anyway). Finally succeeded in bringing down the tower at 1a.m. last night. :blink:

Tried one go at finishing by reaching the extraction point. Managed to evade the tank, didn't bother loading myself with a Zeus, instead, as another poster put it, did a bit of the old "run Forest run...", only to be taken out as usual by some very alert guard around a corner.

I checked the mission file to see if I could add in save points between resupply from the helo and destroying the tower, but there is no event to tap into, it is all contained within one area and there is no enemy 'waves' just those already on patrol. What I did do though was take off that stupid scramble effect. If I'm going to do some precision sniping, last thing I'm going to do is perform the task through a pair of fuzzy goggles :wall:

Let us know how you are doing, we'll both get this mission done yet.

In the end I got out my mission-modding tools and brought the jammer's effective distance down to something like 2m. :devil:

Never made sense when you could get a crystal clear relay of the drone and satellite images but can't look straight infront of you :wall: Not the best bit of GRAW gameplay.

We're talking about the part where you resupply from the helicopter an then has to take down the tower with the jammer, while your CrossCom is out, right?

That one took me ages too :lol:

From your starting point (i.e. where the helicopter lands), work your way counter-clockwise towards the tower. My loadout was the M99 and the MP5, the M99 is very good for taking out those pesky machine gun emplacements.

At the beginning, there will be a few roving patrols in the neighborhood and they have a nasty habit of spawning in a different place every time you load.

Once you've blown up the tower, keep to your right and work your way, counter-clockwise, towards the next waypoint (i.e. the helicopter pick-up point). Watch out for the tank, it will drive around a bit, following you around. Also watch out for an open building halfway between the tower and the pick-up point. It has a nasty machine gun emplacement hidden on the 1st floor. Don't go through the large factory hall. The tank will come through there and there are quite a few bad guys inside. Go around it on the right side, as far as you can.

With the tower gone, you will also have use of the UAV again. Use it.

Once you've tried it a few times, you'll get a feel for where most of the enemies are, they're usually in the same place. And then it isn't quite that difficult any more, though it is admittedly one of the most difficult levels in the game, and I only completed it in easy level.

Happy gaming

Respectfully

krise madsen

Yet another post ... of that mission

I just dont understand.. i can't disable it i tried using the site http://guides.gamepressure.com/ghostrecona...ide.asp?ID=1047

but still cant pass it how?

"Random"

Hi im new :D

Well welcome Do0m0 :D , glad to see there is still some new SP gamers, same as myself, giving GRAW a go and joining in with ghostrecon.net

So exactly where are you having your problem? The objective is straight forward: go into the building below the tower, go up the stairs until you reach the roof and base of the tower, the glowing C4 charge is visible even from the doorway, go up to it, hit your activate button then run before the C4 blows taking down the tower. The execution is a different matter, with the high level of protection. Slow and precise is what much of this game is all about.

Finished at last, bring on bulldog :o=

Thanks for the tip Krise, I thought the game was forcing you through the wrecked factory hall, but no you can squeeze down the right hand edge missing out most threats (including that nasty tank), just don't forget the final sniper ;)

Do0m0: yes the communications building is one of the few you can enter and need to to find the stairs up (a quick shot of night vision might help find them in the gloom). The building has a front and rear entrance. Most people suggest using the rear by going right after the helo dusts off.

I went through the front, just to be stubborn. You can move clockwise round the outside of the waste ground, to the edge of the long wall. From here you can, if your shot is good, take out the ground level machine gun, move up a bit and take out the roof gunner by shooting his legs before he spots you (THE super tricky bit) then use the long wall as cover while you move up to the building taking out soldiers milling about.

I'm still stuck on this level :wall:

Ive tried going different routes, but i still seem to be out flanked or shot by the enemy.. I didnt pick the ZEUS up from re supply so theres no way i can go near the tank.. HELP!

You don't really need the ZEUS, at least not if you play on easy level like I did. If you work your way, counter-clockwise from the helicopter resupply waypoint to the radio mast, you won't have to worry about the tank until after you've blown up the mast.

Once you've blown it up, move into the rail yard and keep to the right as much as possible as you move south to the helicopter pick-up. As always, be slow and careful as you move around. Use your tactical map (or sattelite view if you like) a lot. But if you keep to the right the whole time, you should be able to keep some solid obstacles between you and the tank nearly the whole time (and for the few instances where you can't, run as fast as you can and you should be fine). The tankj is pretty much stuck on "rails" (i.e. the road), and tend to move between "waypoints" rather than stopping near you.

Again, halfway to the pick-up, there is a small building you can enter, but watch out, there is a machinegun hidden on the 1st floor, shooting down at you. And again, avoid the old factory building. There are lots of enemies in there and the tank will go through there. Instead, keep to the right (i.e. counter-clockwise), and you should be able to slip through to the pick-up point without too much trouble.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Do0m0: At 12:20 this morning you were stuck in Guardrail, by 03:07 you were on Fierce Resistance, what happened to Bulldog? Did you tank right through it? (not literally ofcourse, ain't no tank driving in this game :P )

Pondlife: As you refer to the tank, suggests you've managed to blow the tower, definately the hardest part. Best idea seems to be as soon as you start get down stairs and go staight across the tracks (moving between rail trucks) to the wall. From there you can stay hidden from the tank and its machine gunner. Move towards the tank until you come to an opening on the right, this well let you circle round the tank out of sight. Go right along the road a bit but be ready to find some good cover as the tank will move along that road shortly. Once past, you basically follow its path to take you to the extraction area. Of course I've missed out all the foot soldiers in your way, but use your UAV to highlight their locations and pick them off as you go.

Good luck, nearly there :thumbsup:

>>>>>

Sorry Krise, didn't mean to repeat you, posted at the same time. Just shows it is the best way to complete the mission ;) S.

>>>>>

I did it on Normal level and I don't think there is any real difference. Any higher though and probably those sand bags would house yet another machine gun, which would be real nasty.

Edited by scott_dft

No, I'm stuck on the part where you have to blow up the tower (think it's the third checkpoint). I've only managed to get to a warehouse where i am sure i can see a tank sitting in it.... I thought I'd shot everyone inside the warehouse, but unfortunately one remained and I paid the price. Proving to be a real tricky level, and I cant even blame Team AI for the mistakes :D It's all mine!

I did this level about 3 days after initial release so its all a bit vague lol, but it is possible to sneak past the M1 because thats how I completed the mission. If you hide away out of sight of the tank and just watch its movements on the crosscomm. Once you know where its going to be just time it right and dash across the road. Dont go in the warehouse if you can help it go recon and try to sneak past only engage if you absolutely have to.

Do0m0: OK now I understand a bit better, Bulldog is short and really isn't that difficult, is it? Got through (after the usual couple of dumb mistakes) and now on Fierce Resistance (yeh, guess Bulldog is sort of a breather between Guardrail and the insane Fierce Resistance :blink: ).

Pondlife: How are you doing? You were sounding a bit lost there. You should not be near the abandoned warehouse (and tank) before you've blown the tower. After you do, as suggested by others in this thread, you should be able to carefully sneak round to extraction without taking a hit from the tank. Also best not go into the warehouse but rather go as far right as you can and sneak into the extraction area.

• 2 years later...

Stuck on Control 4 GuardTrail IX, Destroy tank

Please help me ... I Take almost three weeks frozen here I do not know as destroying the tank, since I do not have the rocket ... I Have to arrive at the extraction point first or what

[As this is not anything to do with modding, I'll move this thread to the General Discussion forum... and merge it with the existing Guardrail IX discussion thread

where that particular question has already been asked and answered several times before]

Edited by Pave Low

Please help me ... I Take almost three weeks frozen here I do not know as destroying the tank, since I do not have the rocket ... I Have to arrive at the extraction point first or what

This should help you if you read english ok, if not, the pictures will guide you.

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Introduction - Game Guide and walkthrough

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You don't really need the ZEUS, at least not if you play on easy level like I did. If you work your way, counter-clockwise from the helicopter resupply waypoint to the radio mast, you won't have to worry about the tank until after you've blown up the mast.

Respectfully

krise madsen

I too went counter-clockwise after re-supply.

I tried initially to go through the rail yard, but after a couple of attempts I changed course.

It is a lot easier. Most of the rebels are out of line of sight.

I did use the drone a lot. Even though it can't mark the rebels it does spot them for you if you use its view 'G'. This is quite handy for those rebels hidden under rooftops.

After blowing the tower I didn't even know I was taken out by a tank. I tried to get past it a couple of times, but struggled. So I reloaded and took the ZEUS. It is always fun to blow up a tank!

From there I pretty much ran from cover to cover, only stopping to take out the final sniper at the extraction point.