Ghost Recon.net Forums

If You Could Add One Map to MP

Id like to ask a question to the people of the forum. If you were allowed to add 1 map to GRAW MP, what kind of map would it be? Be specific on terrain, time, and so on. Would be nice to see if we are all on different pages for what would work with this game, or even if we are on the same page.

Agreed. I would love to see maps like Tank, and Castle added in. Or atleast something that resembles them.

Tank and Castle Day would be awesome yeah

this one i take from delta force land warrior.

I would add a small town surrounded by a hilly or mountain range with trees and bunkers and such. this way i would spawn each team on the other side of the hill/mountain so they could not be raped and let them duke it out. Snipers could have a blast where others could make it into the central town (maybe make it hamburger hill like)

A classic remake?

mission 04... forgot the name lol... but remember the mission.

I really think a Rainbow Six covert ops of the jungle remake would be sweet.

Edited by Prozac360

Tank!

If only for the change in scenery . . . I definitely miss the wide-open, extreme-distance-type maps. Ironically, the map I remember playing the most in adv. MP (not by choice) was embassy . . . can't say I'm heartbroken to see there aren't a lot of requests for it.

Talk about schizo . . . we get a game and two expansion packs that focus on natural terrain, and we flock to the urban map; we get a game built around urban enviroment, and everyone craves the green stuff.

Edited by DisgruntledArchitect

I agree completely, a terrain map of any kind, preferably somethig large with large areas of occlusion that encourages complex manuver.

I'd be happy even if it had to be relatively barren terrain to achieve both size, scale and realistic terrain geometry...

:yes:

Edited by Waika

I have remade the castle map already to import to GRAW, just needs more texture work

so bring on the modding tools grin

Ehm...it came with the moddingtools for GR as an example.

You probably could have spent the time to convert a different map :rolleyes:

One of the all rural maps from GR (not the expansions). Why? First of all they got a really good feeling, you are actually in the wilderness; or so is the feeling you get at least. Second, we ned a all rural map. Third: nostalgia.

Why just one.??

Map making for this game will be a lot easier than it was for GR1.

Map making is anything but easy. It doesn't matter if you use an inhouse editor or 3dsMax. It is still a tremendous amount of work to complete one.

I think that the urban maps are incredibly good, I love them and hope to see them improve over time, I love tactics and the urban combat requires it more than open maps, I think open maps will bring on more run and gun counterstrike game play

I think that the urban maps are incredibly good, I love them and hope to see them improve over time, I love tactics and the urban combat requires it more than open maps, I think open maps will bring on more run and gun counterstrike game play

I think it's actually quite the opposite.

An urban layout often provides a lot of cover, which makes it easy to run fast in and out, using all the alleys.

Rural on the other hand has little cover, so you really need to pick your moment before getting yourself in the open.

I would prefer a rural map for GR3, mostly because of the reasons JASGripen is mentioning.

• 3 weeks later...

1> How about a frostbite GRAW map...done better:) Snowy maps would open up the skinners as well :)

2> Urban(ish) a remake of GhostTown would be cool & the poly work is relatively easy to manage especially as the Shanty towns are already there in GRAW (if you can use them).

3> Rural - I just love getting deep into BUSH (no not the US guy) :wall:

...just looking forward to whatever you guys can pull together :)

• 2 weeks later...