Miami Vice

migryder

for me its not about the TV series anyway, its about Micheal Mann directing and controlling the film which he has done, he only produced the series and still wonders why he had to be the fashion police for that. I loved the series, but I love Mann films more, and I think this is true to his work. Not as good as HEAT but you're talking about pulling off a film there with some real heavy weights and having it work. Jamie Fox is now a heavy weight and they like each others work enough to have done two films now?

Maybe we should all be wondering which lesser known actor here will become a star in their own right, Vice was a good place for that in its day and his films have had some people who have gone on to have solid careers afterward. That's one thing I like most about Micheal, even the least stand in seems to know what needs to be done to complete a scene.

Only an opinion of course in all it's value.

mig

Edited by migryder

I'd not read that, interesting, I'd like to read up on that. He messed up the original plans for an ending!? Wish I could see the original story boards, script, and editing room cuts. See how it evolved vs how it was released.

mig