Mission 7 crashing

After the second savepoint, i go up the hill after the helo comes and kill some people. Then i run up and pass these 2 shack/gate slabs sticking up in the ground and my game just crashes to the desktop. No error..

iv tried rebooting. and i dont really want to reinstall since ill have to redo the first 6 missions but that seems to be the only option.

I was on the 5th mission when the patch came out so its not that loading problem that's in the 4th mission.

anyone else have this problem?

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem - It's after Checkpoint 2, mission Quarterback.

The second any of my men or myself ascend the hill, the game crashes to desktop.

I'm bummed, this is my favorite tactical sim of all time and I now can't play it.

I have applied patch 1.06, is that the culprit?

Same problem in "Quarterback".

It's taken me ages to get to that bit with all my men alive and in good health, and now I can't get up the hill!

Please help us fix this GRIN, coz I'm really enjoying the game, and now that my exams have finished, I want to play it more! :g_withgrin:

How many times have people had this occur, consistently or sporadically?

I've had it happen once, from a savepoint #2 when I had played the entire mission starting in v1.6. I have ascended the hill w/o a problem when I was loading a savepoint from a mission started in the unpatched version, even after patching my game.

Is this a surmountable thing, or do I need to downgrade to finish the mission?

I've had it happen several times. I can't get past the mission because of it.

Screenshots are pointless as it just CTDs. I'd try a vid, but I guess you need fraps, which I don't have and AFAIK it's not free.

At least it's being noted. Hopefully a fix can be found.

I have a similar problem. Mine crashes when I try to continue from the strong point mission. It worked just fine before the patch but now it crashes. It seems to crash just before the mission is finished loading as it fades to a black screen but never comes back. I thought patch was to make the better not worse. :blink: