64 Bit?

Hello! I am the proud owner of an AMD 3000+. I also am the sad owner of Windows XP Home. My question goes out to anyone who has Windows XP Home and XP64 dual boot. Does the 64-bit make a difference? Does it run better? This game is very CPU dependant, does an OS optimized for it help? I know it would not make a big difference on overall framerates, but in a firefight, does your framerate go down at all?

Hello! I am the proud owner of an AMD 3000+. I also am the sad owner of Windows XP Home. My question goes out to anyone who has Windows XP Home and XP64 dual boot. Does the 64-bit make a difference? Does it run better? This game is very CPU dependant, does an OS optimized for it help? I know it would not make a big difference on overall framerates, but in a firefight, does your framerate go down at all?

If your taking about 64bit OS [operating System] then you need 64bit apps and drivers and the world is endless !!!

If your talking about Windows Home[32bit OS] on a AMD 64bit CPU then things are different....

2 types 64bit single and 64bit dual core....

1x 64bit single core with windows home runs like a 32bit CPU no advantage... unless you install a 64bit OS then you see alot of speed but the problem is finding 64bit apps and drivers and the likes all in 64bit !!!!

on the other hand

2x32bit cores or as AMD say DUAL CORE then you have the best of all world, first running windows 64bit edition will run the 2 cores as a single 64bit core !!!! . If you run Windows Xp home or Pro 32bit [like me] then the 2 cores split the 32bit processes onto both cores

so each core is off loaded so pc runs better and more stuff runs at once.... hope I answered your point......

Frame rates are all BS..... CPU makes very little diffrence after a point.... FPS live on Graphics card and GPU memory ...BUY BIG BALLS GRAPHICS and FPS go up !!!!

p.s. GRAW is a 32bit app [game]

best regards...

Hmm... I suppose the fact that GRAW is 32-bit would be the main problem. I was, BTW, refering to 64bit non dual core. I realize that I should get a better graphics card, but I just got this 6800LE recently... I won't be upgrading for another year, at least.

I had done a test and clocked my cpu down to 1.6gig or somthink quite low and it made not one diference in frame rate from 2.8gig.

The game is very GPU and memory dependant. Like most people have sugested GFX card is the upgrade to make a difference but to be honnest when the game gets the proper patch will be the test as most peoples computers can run the most demanding games at reasonable frame rates and visuals, GRAW isnt there on either yet to performance ratio.

Hi!

I have Windows XP Professional x64 over half year on my rig and at this point I don't recommend to switch from 32 -> 64. Here are my few toughts:

- drivers, usually this rotation is slower than in 32 side, also is there drivers for your hardware,

- if you have old hardware (scanners, printers etc) there's change that x64 side never have drivers on them,

- some of your old applications won't work at all,

- PunkBuster issues, well nice that others plays and PB doesn't support x64 (I had this issue last year with RvS)

- the performance boost ain't so big or is there at all? ;) Or

To my rig this works fine now, but there's been issues to reseolv... you have to remember if you choose this, there might be issues to resolv or which won't come to resolved. IMO wait for Windows Vista and see what that brings :) Take your time and inspect by yourself thru forums and google how's your hardware / software is supported :)