PC exceeds min requirements not able to run GRAW

I have a 7800 GS, 256 RAM, 2 GIG, system and I still have not been able to run the demo. I have uninstalled it and tried installing it again, and still the demo keeps crashing. The crash occurs as soon as I attempt to start the game, so I have not even seen it.

I have read all of the opinions surrounding GRAW, but I would really like to try it for myself. What is the issue here? Was there an official response to this? I just don't see why a system that exceeds that minimum requirements cannot even run the demo. Is is possible that the minimum requirements are actually higher?

Thanks, I'll double check these items, but I thought I had already gone through the checklist, and everything seemed fine. Can't hurt to check again, and besides, what is the worst that could happen right?

Although your sytem meets the rquirments, a lot will depend on what your system is doing already.

Norton AV full system version is a system hogger, haveing a programme like this running and running the game and the other things windows runs in the back ground will grind some systems to a halt.

You need to know what else is runnnig.

Colin

Try Vid. drivers, then go buy yourself 2GB of RAM. 256MB? Wow that's tiny!

Ack i thought he ment his video card... minimum is 512... i would suggest 1GB or up dual channel kit if your board does dual channel

Edited by ROCOAFZ

GRAW is a RAMHOG, you def need more RAM. Also, you might want to check your POWER SUPPLY.

I had GRAW demo crashing on me, and I discovered it was my PSU, one of those cheap ######. Supposedly 500W, but as soon as I launched Graphics demanding games it died. I bought a 480W Antec True Power, and I havent had that crash anymore.

Better idea still - dont get the game, its totally unfinished. Find out if the patch fixes the numerous issues and if so, then get the game. IMO, you're not missing anything.

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

Try Vid. drivers, then go buy yourself 2GB of RAM. 256MB? Wow that's tiny!

I'm pretty sure he meant 256 videomemory and 2Gig system memory.

I have a 7800 GS, 256 RAM, 2 GIG, system

Of course, that means he didn't tell us what his processor was.

I would recommend that you install:

the DX9.0C from the Windows Update website,

the newest BIOS revision,

the newest video drivers,

the newest sound drivers,

the newest chipset drivers,

the AGEia driver that comes with the installation,

the AGEia driver revision that you access through the AGEia software,

and, finally, uninstall the AGEia software (the drivers will remain).

Before you start the game, ctrl+alt+del and turn off any anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software, just to eliminate them from the equation.

If the problem still exists after that, reformat and reinstall -- the ultimate trouble-shooter. ;)