Minority Report

firefly2442

I just saw Minority Report for the second time and it's a really good movie! The whole storyline and plot is amazing. Who could think something like that up!? Plus the whole future thing is sweet. For some reason my parents hated it. They thought it was really boring.... oh well. Must be a generation thing. ;)

It was a total yawn - only slightly more interesting than The Matrix.

Hallelujah! I'm not the only one who thinks the Matrix is overrated/boring! I actually enjoyed Minority Rep. for the most part however. A little slow moving at times I guess. One of the best aspects of M.R.: no Keanu. :hehe:

What I think was most ridiculous about the movie is how you can prosecute someone on the basis that they were going to commit a crime they never ended up commiting based on the mental musings of psychics. The movie basically sweeps our entire justice system under the rug to give credit to it's theories.

It and xXx were the biggest diapointments in my book for these times. :(

I saw xXx on DVD last night, I knew upfront to expect it was a "way out there" movie in terms of realism. So if you suspend the urge to gagg at the silly scenes, I found it entertaining enough. Pity the jokes weren't a little funnier and the woman a little more attractive though :devil:

I see Vin already has a new movie coming out, can't recall the name but I saw billboards up for it.

XXX was fun in a 007 kinda way. I liked Blade Runner as a suspense movie, Total recall as action. In spirit, Blade Runner was closer to Dick's story than Total Recall.

My problem with Minority Report is that it couldn't decide whether it was action or crime-thriller; the bit with Tom Cruise jumping from car to car or fighting jet-pack police was as juvenile - but not even as well done - as the Matrix. Later, there was a good story premise in there that got lost in the ho-hum of "the butler did it" style crime-solving.