The Future of the GRAW Community

I really am trying to find another tactical simulation that hasn't seen the light of days for who knows how long. I miss playing R6 series online as many of you do(before the recent ones).

My purchase of the game is really gonna depend on how active the community is within the next several months. So I'm asking you guys, what do you think?

by the way, by looking at the official PC GRAW forums I see everyone is complaining. Though when I came here, theres actually people who are pushing for change. If this forum is any testament, maybe theres some future. I jsut don't wanna be screwed by another game where the community and developers flop and give up.

I have no issues with this game... But for whatever is supposedly wrong, the GRAW Dev's will have a handle on it... They are committed to making GRAW the best it can be, seeing we already have a patch out... :g_withgrin:

Edited by Stormin

ARMED ASSAULT, I know many that are holding out for that, due to go GOLD in July. However, Im sure that if GRAW gets their act together and fixes up the wrongs, then many will give this game another go.

My purchase of the game is really gonna depend on how active the community is within the next several months. So I'm asking you guys, what do you think?

by the way, by looking at the official PC GRAW forums I see everyone is complaining. Though when I came here, theres actually people who are pushing for change. If this forum is any testament, maybe theres some future. I jsut don't wanna be screwed by another game where the community and developers flop and give up.

Quite true, and I hope AA is everything that it should be, [ it looks good in the stills] and I think there maybe a few who will keep a eye on AA to see if it's got long term playability and if it needs patching......

But by then GRIN will hopefull have released a patch addressing bugs [first round anyway] and also a few addon features. I think you'll find because most of the community are GR1 players that the ones that support GRAW will still be around supporting it in 6 months and then 12months.... and I don't know it it's only me but I feel that GRIN will be there too.

I love GR1 it is a unique combat game/sim and it will stay installed on my pc for a very long time right next to it's sequel: GR:AW.

Well atleast GRAW pushed me and a friend of mine to make a swedish fansite and community for it! sure, the fanbase is not as big as BF2 but who cares ? I just feel the fanbase is more mature, yea, the old GR1-players that I have spoken to atleast, and just more lovely than CS and BF2, for example...

As soon as the map-editorn comes and the modding grows the game will live!

ARMED ASSAULT, I know many that are holding out for that, due to go GOLD in July. However, Im sure that if GRAW gets their act together and fixes up the wrongs, then many will give this game another go.

I've heard lots of heresay and rumours on when Armed Assault is to go gold. Last I heard they still haven't got a publisher and most sites still report Q4 2006 as the release date.

I've heard lots of heresay and rumours on when Armed Assault is to go gold. Last I heard they still haven't got a publisher and most sites still report Q4 2006 as the release date.

Plus, we are yet to see how many bugs that game has- or don't you remember how many bugs OFP had at first? ;) I'll get it anyway - big fan of OFP here.

Plus, we are yet to see how many bugs that game has- or don't you remember how many bugs OFP had at first? ;) I'll get it anyway - big fan of OFP here.

Agreed, the bugs in OFP were everywhere. Im like you as the game will be in my hands opening day, but it is not even a replacement for the Ghost Recon type of gameplay. It is more of a great game that is fun to play untill somethin better comes along for me. But hopefully GRIN delivers in the patch if at least to just keep my attention until further fixes can be implemented. I guess what im tryint o say, as long as I see progress Ill go along for the ride.

o snap, i havn't heard of the game armed assult, looks great though...

And for the people that want a realistic type of game, every play the mod Project Reality for bf2? Very well made and its very team oriented. You don't get the morons like ya do in normal bf2

Agreed, the bugs in OFP were everywhere. Im like you as the game will be in my hands opening day, but it is not even a replacement for the Ghost Recon type of gameplay.

Agreed. I'll get it because of the wide open spaces etc. But, it won't replace GRAW for me... it's more just a welcome addition.

The beauty of ArmA is that its an old engine which keeps getting updated/upgraded. It has been used in VBS1 and 2, and is being used for [OFP: DR], as well as , ArmA which many consider to be OFP1.5.

The point is, I believe most of the bugs in this game would have been fixed long ago - the fact that this game has been modded to the max is a testament to its longevity, and fairly bug-free Engine.

I have no doubt that for serious COOPers, ArmA is the logical next step for GR diehards. Whether the MP is as good as GRs was, remains to be seen, but the environment for MP realistic warfare is looking superb.

I have no doubt that for serious COOPers, ArmA is the logical next step for GR diehards. Whether the MP is as good as GRs was, remains to be seen, but the environment for MP realistic warfare is looking superb.

No, it's the logical step for OFP diehards. OFP fans and GR fans were very segregated groups back in the day.

The beauty of ArmA is that its an old engine which keeps getting updated/upgraded. It has been used in VBS1 and 2, and is being used for [OFP: DR], as well as , ArmA which many consider to be OFP1.5.

The point is, I believe most of the bugs in this game would have been fixed long ago - the fact that this game has been modded to the max is a testament to its longevity, and fairly bug-free Engine.

Apologies for going slightly off topic but where's the best place to find out about Armed assault?

I played Opflash briefly but was lured away by GR1 :lol: but as I've now made the decision that I'm not going to fork out for a major upgrade to play GRAW I need a new game.

Any info appreciated including min specs, if they're known, so I don't end up in the same boat!! :rofl:

The best site by far that ive found for ArmA is HERE. Its always got breaking news and reviews and a great list of all the Screenies.

-------

Quote from Sup - No, it's the logical step for OFP diehards. OFP fans and GR fans were very segregated groups back in the day.

Back in the day when GR was new n fresh, and OFP looked like dogs ballz that was the case.

However, since VBS1 & 2 and the new ArmA look, I know many GR diehards who will be moving to it because its the best thing coming in the way of realistic military FPS. This is especially true for COOPers and COOP modders who are looking for an appropriate 'machine' for want of a better word (which I cant think of cos its late and Im tired), to build and carry out realistic military missions on.

And if GRAW doesnt improve dramatically, I cant see why most GR diehards wouldnt shift their focus to ArmA.

As I get it, AA is [OFP: DR], just that they dont have the rights for that name, because its codemasters who does... so why do they call it OFP1.5?

anyhow, it will be a great game, to bad Im affraid there are to many games that will come out during next winter wich will make it hard for me to choose... :blink:

As I get it, AA is [OFP: DR], just that they dont have the rights for that name, because its codemasters who does... so why do they call it OFP1.5?

anyhow, it will be a great game, to bad Im affraid there are to many games that will come out during next winter wich will make it hard for me to choose... :blink:

The reason it is touted as 1.5 is because nothing has really changed exceot a graphics upgrade, and physics upgrade, along with a new island to play on. Almost everything else is from the old game. The game that will be considered #2 is still in the works and will use new technology. Codemasters is also making a [OFP: DR] at this time since they own the name, but people fear that it will not be the same game due to the fact BIA is not making it. Its a wait and see thing we have going there.

My qualified guess is that the future of the GRAW PC community is one of sprouting and flourishing. :yes:

I hope you're right cuz GR deserves to carry on, but you guys need to sort out a lot of stuff.... :unsure:

My hope eventually is that when I can see the way to a new rig GRAW is all we expected it to be and maybe then I can get back to gaming with my clan.