Removing voice overs in Domination MP

It's a small thing, but one I found very overbearing in Domination play; having that voice come on every few seconds with "Alpha Zone - Connection lost!" and whatnot.

Don't know where the root calls are coming from so the solution is a bit dirty, but it works. I've simply removed the secondary calls to the wav's within the sound banks. It needs to play something still or it crashes when the root call is made, so I left the little narcom begin 'ding' sound. Much less abrasive than having the voice over again and again.

If anyone has a better solution, by all means let me know or if they can figure out where the root calls to play the sounds are coming from that would be nice too just for a cleaner fix.

system_mp_sound.xml

Just rename your original system_mp_sound.xml to something else and copy this in it's place. The original file can be found in the "data\sound\voices\system_mp" folder.

(Edited for clarity with hosted file)

Edited by TedSmith

By all means, feel free to use the in-game option to turn voice quotes on and off. :thumbsup:

Go into options (directly from the main menu before you start a game, or by pressing ESC while in-game) and uncheck "Voice Quotes".

I admit it might be a bit hard to find since it's under the "Game" flap and not the "Audio" flap in the options menu.

By all means, feel free to use the in-game option to turn voice quotes on and off. :thumbsup:

Go into options (directly from the main menu before you start a game, or by pressing ESC while in-game) and uncheck "Voice Quotes".

I admit it might be a bit hard to find since it's under the "Game" flap and not the "Audio" flap in the options menu.

GAH! Is that what that does?!? I wondered, figured it was voice quotes for the SP game.

Well, at least I know what the files do now. :/

Yeah.

And in the future, when you want to mute a sound in a "nice" way, exchange the entire wave tag (within the sound tag that bears the "name" attribute) with <silent/> ...then the call for that sound won't even occupy a voice on the sound card.

Yeah.

And in the future, when you want to mute a sound in a "nice" way, exchange the entire wave tag (within the sound tag that bears the "name" attribute) with <silent/> ...then the call for that sound won't even occupy a voice on the sound card.

Very cool. Thanks for the tip. :)