Ghost cam

Any one trying to mod in real video instead of bule outlines in the upper left ghost cams?

Not exactly but I accidentaly stumbled upon something which does half the job. I was trying to make the full screen viewport in color (just to try things out). The result: the wireframes of hte small cam are now filled with ugly colors (you could also remove the interlacing lines (horizontal lines), that's not hard to do and will improve the image somewhat but maybe someone else could try making a real full color image. Anyway, here's what I found:

Below, you find the first few blocks of the file: settings/scenes.xml

Now look for the third line from below, it says:

<post_processor name="crosscom_processor" active="true"/>
This has to be changes to "false" (that replaces the wireframe by those ugly colors) Here's that block of code:

<scenes>

<scene name="Underlay" type="underlay">

<viewport name="default">

<post_processor name="exposure_processor" active="false"/>

<post_processor name="shadow_processor" active="false"/>

<post_processor name="post_processor" active="false"/>

<post_processor name="deferred" active="false"/>

<post_processor name="crosscom_processor" active="false"/>

</viewport>

<viewport name="crosscom">

</viewport>		

</scene>

<world pre_clear_flags="depth|stencil">

<viewport name="default">

<post_processor name="shadow_processor" active="true"/>

<post_processor name="exposure_processor" active="true"/>

<post_processor name="post_processor" active="true"/>

<post_processor name="deferred" active="true"/>

</viewport>		

<viewport name="crosscom">

<post_processor name="crosscom_processor" active="true"/>

</viewport>		

</world>

Edited by PeeWee678

my crosscom proc is already false, no never mind i looked at it wrong, will try it out

now does this change the color of it when u full screen it or the small screen. also is there any way to change the black and white for color, or to take out the interpolation look???

Edited by theWalrusKing

my crosscom proc is already false, no never mind i looked at it wrong, will try it out

now does this change the color of it when u full screen it or the small screen. also is there any way to change the black and white for color, or to take out the interpolation look???

This only adds weird colors to the wireframe (small vieport). I tried changing the full screen to color but didn't succeed so far...

This only adds weird colors to the wireframe (small vieport). I tried changing the full screen to color but didn't succeed so far...

The full screen one isn't actually labelled cross com anywhere in the files, that's just the little one in the top left of the screen. To change the full screen one, look for the 'buddycam' settings in the post_effects.xml file in data\settings.

You can remove/comment out the sections on sepia to get a full colour picture. Can do the same on the tac map sections to get a full colour tac map and on all the levels to remove the sepia tinting. Didn't spot this thread before I posted my other one with the edited file.

The full screen one isn't actually labelled cross com anywhere in the files, that's just the little one in the top left of the screen. To change the full screen one, look for the 'buddycam' settings in the post_effects.xml file in data\settings.

You can remove/comment out the sections on sepia to get a full colour picture. Can do the same on the tac map sections to get a full colour tac map and on all the levels to remove the sepia tinting. Didn't spot this thread before I posted my other one with the edited file.

==================

Where is everyone... 2 days later and no posts... have you guys given up? OK, first off i have messed around with the wireframe cross com and i have it in color.. i can see buildings and stuff but other stuff like ghosts, cars, and i think trees are invisible. Also there are wierd lines that make a curved pattern across the display. Thats one new thing, the second is i have added decals as wound effects on the players. Now i know when my ghosts are shot, seems to only work on the ghosts though, trying to figure out ai... also the decals as with all decals in the game wear off after 7-10 seconds. Was wondering if someone wouldnt mind looking around for how to increase the time on one particular effect like dirt ... to maybe a minute. Blood decal doesnt show up, although i did see blood spray out of my chest when i was killed. Coulda been something i enabled, i have been messing with a lot of the xml files

Edited by Wrath

so far on the "AI blood-gore" subject, this is all I'v got..

grawwounds2ao.jpg

I think it adds more realism (just entrance wounds, not tons of blood)

but still wounds go away when the ghost dies; also I'd like to assign permanent ragdoll fx to corpses... when you survive to a sniper's ambush it's quite "natural" to shoot at his dead body :gun:>_< isn'it? well maybe not for everyone.. :shifty:

@wrath: havent tried on enemies yet, but I think all u need is to assign the proper material to display wounds

so far on the "AI blood-gore" subject, this is all I'v got..

grawwounds2ao.jpg

I think it adds more realism (just entrance wounds, not tons of blood)

but still wounds go away when the ghost dies; also I'd like to assign permanent ragdoll fx to corpses... when you survive to a sniper's ambush it's quite "natural" to shoot at his dead body :gun:>_< isn'it? well maybe not for everyone.. :shifty:

@wrath: haven’t tried on enemies yet, but I think all u need is to assign the proper material to display wounds

If you read the box [that GRAW came in], you will see that it is "TEEN" RATED, which means .....no no no POOLS OF Blood, NO SPLATTERS OF BLOOD or FLESH etc etc.....

The only way you will get that is if there’s a BLOOD MOD ... :rolleyes: YOU BLOOD THIRSTY ZOMBIES... Hmmmm [next you'll want all those DEAD Soldiers to rise up and walk around with their arms stretched out in front of themselves...]. and have yourselves pumping hundreds of rounds into them trying to kill them off..... but there again nice thought for the :censored: version [due out next week.....kidding]

come back to topic...

Did anyone find out how to replace the gridline view with a live view of the ghost cam?

Yes the ghost cam in the upper left has been figured out as best as we can get. If you read Peewee's post a few lines up, he explains it... i tried it and it works

now... back to second topic at hand... Digitally

@wrath: havent tried on enemies yet, but I think all u need is to assign the proper material to display wounds

@Digitally -> I found the coolest effect... put the effect of getting shot in the head on "water". it is awesome... we just have to figure out how to change the color to red, and maybe tone down the fountain a lil...i mean ... that would be a lot of blood... lol

Let me know how the enemies turned out... i dont have time to look into it right now

Edited by Wrath

@Digitally -> I found the coolest effect... put the effect of getting shot in the head on "water". it is awesome... we just have to figure out how to change the color to red, and maybe tone down the fountain a lil...i mean ... that would be a lot of blood... lol

Let me know how the enemies turned out... i dont have time to look into it right now

yup it's my favourite.. :rofl:

yup I know about the esrb ratings.. very sad that such a realistic tactical sim has been rated "teen"

anyway I will respect developers (or maybe publisher's?? ) choice

so don't worry...this was never meant to be a public mod (but my personal blood thirst will be satisfied :devil: )

Don't let that ESRB rating stop you. GRIN and UBI are bound by that not the modders. :thumbsup:

Maybe if you were going to try to sell this through UBI (contracted as a third party developer), you would have to stick with the ESRB rating.

silent_op

yup it's my favourite.. :rofl:

[/quote

Digital, i cant find the enemy area... any luck?

OK, first off i have messed around with the wireframe cross com and i have it in color.. i can see buildings and stuff but other stuff like ghosts, cars, and i think trees are invisible. Also there are wierd lines that make a curved pattern across the display.

Nice work, could you get us all a screenshot of the modified cross com? :grin1:

I think I know why trees, cars & ghosts could be invisible. I mean those are much more complex models than buildings aren't they? I guess they were not supposed to appear inside the small cross com. Probably the engine ignores them because that way it has less complex objects to render which results in smoother gameplay. However, if the engine really does that then there must be a XML file with the corresponding orders and therefor a way to change this behaviour.

Edited by Vth_F_Smith

If the crosscom is a postprocessing effect, then that means that not only does my gfx card have to render the crosscom, it also has to render the stuff which the crosscom is obscuring. I think im going to just turn it off completely, considering I have never used it except for the little videos.