Realism mods

1madcow

There are a couple of realism mods out there. I have tried a few in the past. But I think it was the last realism MOD that was created that worked best.I have forgoten tha name of it. DOes anyone remember???Also I found out that in the realism mods that it would hide objects on the map.THis made it difficult to find mission objectives. Anyone here can point me to a tested realism mod....Much appreciated...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

I wonder why a game like this has no general realism mod (or it does)? Realism features I am looking for are:

- Machine guns beeing more accurate, having faster aim and a slower reload.

- Shotguns having tighter groupings and more range.

- Pistols having faster draw.

- A grenadier carrying up to 15 40mm grenades.

- Sidegun and fragmentation grenades beeing carried aside the standart GR kit (with appropriate button options).

- Realistic AI tweak; reactions and accuracy the Veteran style, but aggression and "intelligence" the Elite style.

- etc.

We have mods with dozent of useless weapons, but what really matters never received an improvement.

We have mods with realism features here and there, but nothing that combines all worth having realism features into one mod which does not necesserely adds more content (quality over quantity).

Well, some of these things are limited by the engine IE: You cant have both frags and a pistol with your primary. This is true for some of the other things aswell, like Pistols having faster draw, you cant make it any faster.

I guess if someone did something with the EXE it would be possible but I am not sure.

I wouldnt call all weapons useless though. I think the most realistic mods I've played are Centcom, Alpha Squad Mod, and General Enemy Realism.