Is GRAW just too advanced to play on today's hardware?

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not being funny but i dont think your 7800GS is 3 years old, and a high end 256MB video card is what makes the difference.

if you have a 6600 you weep, like me and pray they optimize this clunky, inefficient and noisy diesel engine just like honda did :)

Edited by babydave

not being funny but i dont think your 7800GS is 3 years old, and a high end 256MB video card is what makes the difference.

if you have a 6600 you weep, like me and pray they optimize this clunky, inefficient and noisy diesel engine just like honda did :)

You got me there :blink:

The processor; drives, psu, case are 3 years old, the memory is newish.

I wouldn't consider the 7800 GS to be "high end".

Because if it was; then I should be able to run it at 1024x768 with all settings at least at medium and get playable framerates.

But I am all for scalability and optimization as I had previously stated.

Because if it was; then I should be able to run it at 1024x768 with all settings at least at medium and get playable framerates.

hehe but i bet you can play all your other games at medium/high?

scalabilty is the key to the pc's survival in the gaming world

I think they most likely took the diesel engine and slapped DirectX 9 features on it. That's why it runs like ######. The engine is not built on DX9 from the ground up.

Bro, don't float nonsense like that. :nono: There are people out there who know little enough to think you know what you're talking about.

I will say this, I learned how to build PCs due to GR. I had a 500mHz Celeron with onboard video and sound when GR came out. It ran and ended up at 2FPS when lots of sounds were taking place and looked rather blah on that system and GR taxed other systems that were more stout that that. Damn near all games tax a system when first released.

Over the years, as I have upgraded parts, GR played smoother and looked better with each upgrade. GRAW will do the same thing as will HL2, Doom 3 and these other games that people like to play.

THIS IS A NON-TECHNICAL POST. DON'T DISCUSS HOW YOU MISS AA OR OTHER SUPPOSED "STANDARD" GRAPHICS OPTIONS. KEEP IT SIMPLE.

After reading many posts about how even high-end systems are having difficulty playing GRAW with decent resolutions and frame rates, I want to ask this question to the forum.

Is the Diesel engine in GRAW just too advanced for today's hardware?

Discuss amongst yourselves.

:)

I think the problem is [as you said] Today's hardware, it's just too varied and by that standard alone and we're going to run into problems. I wish there was a simple way, so everyone could play GRAW FULL ON but the answer is NO.

Is the Diesel engine in GRAW just too advanced for today's hardware?

As for your question the answer is NO again, today’s hardware is well capable of playing GRAW it's just a case of does everyone have the hardware and again NO.......

I myself ran GRAW full on @30-40 FPS average [no super number by other games FPS std] slowly am finding the problems why..... for one instance, I never checked my VIDEO DRIVER which was not the latest [mine on a nvidia card v82.xx and latest 84.21] as soon as I installed and rebooted GRAW ran at the same FPS but dipped very little... so I have a more stable FPS all because of my graphics card driver.......