Favorite all around weapon?

My favorite all around weapon is the SCAR L.

Its more accurate than SCAR H.

SCAR H uses a heavier bullet, which in the real world would be more accurate by bucking the wind better.

Why did GRIN make the SCAR H less accurate than the SCAR L?

It should be a better long range weapon.

I would like the SCAR H to be more accurate, and cost more points to buy.

It should fill the gap between the M99 sniper rifle, and the smaller caliber assault rifles.

If they made the SCAR H atleast the same accuracy as the SCAR L, it would be my favorite all around weapon.

Also, using the M99 is scary when you have to load one cartridge at a time!

Cant we get some Semi-Auto sniper rifles please?

And what ever happened to pistols for Snipers?

I think the idea of having to buy your weapons with points is good, but it should be an option that servers can turn on and off.

Edited by Blaster

scar H would be as accurate as the scar L if the barrel was the same length,

for as far as my knowledge goes is a carbine generally less effective in range than a full legth rifle no matter the caliber

i might be off a bit but this is what has been told to me and what i have read, i might be out dated

on the sniper action, i think the reloading is a great feature, gives some extra difficulty as shooting it is quite easy

Edited by sui317

Buying weapons is just plain dumb. Don't get me wrong I love the game and I see the point with the supply lines in Domination. But damn, when the US Army goes out to battle does each soldier have to buy there own rifle? I just hope weapons buying is not in TDM when it arrives, or at least an option to turn it off.

A shorter barrel is stiffer and actually more accurate.

A longer barrel achieves a higher pressure, thus a bullet exits the muzzle with a higher velocity.

The larger and more powerful cartridge the SCAR H uses would make up for any small velocity loss from using a shorter barrel, over the longer barrel SCAR L with its smaller cartridge.

The SCAR H should be more accurate than the SCAR L, as well as more impact energy.

The only drawbacks the SCAR H should have compared to the SCAR L is that it should have more muzzle jump, carry fewer rounds, more muzzle flash, and cost more points to buy.

I'm kind of partial to XM8 silenced with combat scope and gl, I know its the cheapest gun in the game but hell, I like it. Mp5 is good too for accuracy, but takes more hits to bring someone down due to 9mm

I like the SCAR H. But yeah, this accuracy issue bothers me...

Actually, my gripe with the weapons in the game is with the effects that addons have.

A suppressor will increase stability, by decreasing muzzle rise. It should not have an adverse effect on accuracy of the gun, but it might take longer to aim accurately.

And there is a difference between a shot taking longer to line up and the accuracy of a gun.

A reddot scope has no effect on acuracy, it only decreases the amount of time it takes to aim a weapon. Same is true for the vertical foregrip.

Therefore, the suppressor should increase aiming time, which could be completely offset by the scope and a foregrip, while it will also increase overall stability of successive shots. None of these things affect accuracy, only "stability".

The GL should also increase stability, since the added weight in the front of the gun will decrease muzzle rise, while again, it would take longer to aim accurately, it would stabalize successive shots.

Edited by Scubaman3D

In SP either the M8 with silencer and scope or the MRC with silencer and scope. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like the MRC is extremely underpowered. When you shoot someone it's almost gaurenteed that you will need to follow up with a second burst. Otherwise they'll stand up and shoot you again. And in MP unless they are almost dead or you get the drop on them your going to lose a gunfight. Especially if you bump into them. For a gun that hits like a girl it is a bit pricy imo.

For MP though I find that the SCAR-L and silencer are a very deadly combo. By not using a scope you get better peripheral vision when sighted so i just walk around all the time scoped. It works great, and it's very accurate even at range. :g_guns:

Edited by Fiddlestx

i dont know how u can say the scar-h is less acc. than the scar-l, sure the stats may say that but seriously 99% of my shots with the s-h are 1 shot kills, not up close either...

scar-h + forward grip / M9 with silencer / extra scar-h ammo

^ my fav. kit

Fav Kit = Scar-L w/ Forward grip, Scope, M9 w/ Silencer, extra pistol ammo

CQC = MR-C, MP5, extra MR-C Ammo

Sniper is good as well... as long as u take the M8 compact or the MP5, and always have them in ur hands.. and only swap to the sniper when u need the long shot.

A shorter barrel is stiffer and actually more accurate.

A longer barrel achieves a higher pressure, thus a bullet exits the muzzle with a higher velocity.

a shorter barrel is stiffer compared to a logner barrel assuming they are the same thickness, dont most good weapons have a stock that can compensate for that and/or a heavier barrel?

Barrels arent attached to the stock usually. They "free float" the barrel, meaning it is basically just attached to the receiver. When the gun fires the barrel actually flexes, and its the barrels ability to do this exactly the same way every time that makes the gun able to shoot tight groups. If the barrel is touching the stock it dampens the flex and makes it more random, meaning the groups arent as tight. Also why you dont want the barrel to be touching anything when you fire.

On the other hand though, longer barrels are definetly more accurate. Ever wonder why a handgun cant hit a target worth crap? Obviously if the barrel was too long its flexibility could begin to be an issue, but barrels are made out of hardened steel, which really doesnt flex that much :thumbsup:. A longer barrel stabilizes the bullet more, meaning better accuracy.

LONGER BARRELLS ARE NOT MORE ACCURATE THAN SHORT BARRELLS.

THEY GENERATE MORE PRESSURE AND VELOCITY RESULTING N A FLATTER TRAJECTORY.

i dont know how u can say the scar-h is less acc. than the scar-l, sure the stats may say that but seriously 99% of my shots with the s-h are 1 shot kills, not up close either...

^ my fav. kit

The SCAR H has more impact power, so one shot kills instead of 2 or 3 from the Scar L.

THE SCAR L hits more but takes more hits to kill than the SCAR H.

Edited by Blaster

LONGER BARRELLS ARE NOT MORE ACCURATE THAN SHORT BARRELLS.

THEY GENERATE MORE PRESSURE AND VELOCITY RESULTING N A FLATTER TRAJECTORY.

^ my fav. kit

The SCAR H has more impact power, so one shot kills instead of 2 or 3 from the Scar L.

THE SCAR L hits more but takes more hits to kill than the SCAR H.

Yeah, but most of the engagements in GRAW are close range (>200m) so difference in acuracy from any rifle in the game *should* be negligible - unless you're using a crap rifle like a chinese SKS or something.

A Fabrique Nationale made SCAR should be able to easily hit its mark in these ranges.

I like both Scar`s they do exactly what it says on the box, real nice work.

I like the Scars too GRIN has done a very good job with weapons in graphics ,sound and character ..but I hope June/ July brings the ability to implement the old favourites !!!

SCAR

SA-80

M4

Masterkey M4

M16-A2

AK-47

FN FAL

VZ58

XM8

L96A1

M24 SWS

M82A1

Dragunov

Barrett M98

MG3

SAW

M136-AT4

OICW <--- my all time favorite weapon of destruction :support:

M60

PKM

GP25

XM29

AHrrr if only ... :blink::thumbsup:

NOW THAT WAS A WEAPONS SELECTION BOX !! yum yum :party:

As far as all those weapons (great list by the way) but GRAW is geared more towards the future (so they say) than now. Most of those weapons are being or going to be replaced in the near future. I would like to have more variety of weapons myself but it doesn't go along with the story of the game. I would love to have the Colt M4 +scope+silencer :) but the M4 is being replaced by the H&K XM8 that is already in the game. But maybe once the game has been out awhile there will be some weapons mods like in GR1. Though not sure if this will happen since no SDK is planned to be released only the map editor. I just hope the editor is a fully functioning map editor not something like they released for Lockdown (Nimitz, I think). That was pretty much useless.

SCAR-L+scope+silencer

SCAR-H+scope+silincer for more open terrained maps

Scar-L with scope,silencer and front grip is my weapon of choice. Does anyone notice that even though the gun stats say the guns are less accurate with a silencer that they appear to be more accurate with one attached? Im able to get more bullets center mass faster with a silencer attatched than I am without one. The MRC is by far the crappiest weapon in the game it takes two of the 3 shot burst or 5 single shots to take down someone the majority of the time. The range on that weapon is terrible as well. I get more kills with the MP5. Its crazy that it costs so much in the domination mode. The XM8 is a supreme weapon compared to that POS.

Edited by VeLocityChaos

My favorite kit is definitly a SCAR L with the red dot sight and GL. I was planning to use the MR-C in this game, but GRIN apparently decided to change its caliber from 6.8 to 5mm in exchange for an extra 5 rounds. Balancing issues were probably the reason for that change... as an MR-C would likely be too good online...

• 3 weeks later...

It's interesting to see so many people liking the SCAR-L in both of the favorite weapons threads as the M8 Carbine is equal to or better to it in all categories - better in accuracy and stability and the same in impact. And you don't get the huge black scope sight in your face to boot.

When I first switched to the M8 Carbine, my effectiveness definitely increased.

The M8 is a great all around light weight weapon.

I prefer the SCAR-L for longer ranges though, and the SCAR-H for closer ranges if I have the points.

The M8 with its cheap small scope is very effective, and is a good weapon at short and medium ranges, and can still kill at longer ranges, but its a little harder to see with its lower magnification.

I use the M8 and the SCAR-H the most, but I like the SCAR-H the best as my favorite all around weapon. I wish it had a bigger clip though, I get killed alot reloading it because I have to reload more often.The SCAR-L was my favorite when I first bought the game, but I find the SCAR-H more to my liking now. I love the sound of it.

For long range shots, I am not sure yet what weapon I like best.

But I do know I prefer the SCAR-L with a scope over the M8 with its scope for long range shots. I am not sure which version of SCAR I like for long range shooting yet.

Has anyone done any testing in this regard?

Edited by Blaster

I like the scar l with grip and silencer :)

or just the m8 vanilla in domination. (although its actually the friendliest gun to mod).

oh and btw the frontgrip does give better zoomspeed as does the reddots, there are negative sides though.