Ghost Recon.net Forums

I've not shot down a single helicopter, personally - I equip my AI dudes with the Zeus and simply give them the attack command. So far I've done this 3 times (just finished the Quarterback mission), and all 3 times the AI teammate moved into position all by himself and took the helicopter out with 1 shot. No problems at all - maybe I've just been lucky.

My friend and I had both used our Zeus's in coop. There was a freaking Havoc rolling around above us firing missiles. He suggested shooting it down but instead I gave Kirkland the command and he right away took out his Zeus and brought it down.

Seemed good enough for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I just started playing the sixth mission, Ready for Bear. While in the APC and once I got out I think I noticed that my ghost teams camo has changed color slightly less yellow. I don't know how to post screen shots so I can't really prove this. Does anyone else notice this or are my eyes just messing with me. :blink:

The camo is not a different color, the lighting is just different then previous maps, so the orangeness is not there. the camo is still the same.

Im sure you knew this, but I can see how you would be confused as to the way the post was going.

thx for the clarification. this was exactly what i thought as well and thats why i asked for screenshots. :grin1::whistle:

I have a LCD and a CRT both connected on a X1800XT, LCD on DVI-D and CRT on RGB and on the LCD the camo looks orange in some light and yellow in other light, but on the CRT it looks more .....err, natural, ...errr, desert camo, sort of cream and brown. I just got the CRT a few weeks ago and its way better looking in games than my viewsonic VP171B-2 8MS LCD, and zero ghosting.

I don't like being restricted as to when I can use a weapon or support service (the Zeus can only be used against a target that has been scripted) It doesn't work if you target something else!

What do you mean? I know the air support only works for the assigned targets of the mission; but the Zeus itself can be used on anything from VBL's to the Havocs.

in Vip2 i used the apache to kill the armoured personell carriers..... and still had them around to kill the tanks, on the bunker mission you can only use air support twice.....

• 3 weeks later...

Its very easy if you do it correctly. Aim for the pilots. If you have a sniper rifle this is simple. I took both down with 1 shot each. Helo came around, was looking right at me, I aimed for the pilot and down it went. The 2nd one I just aimed for the window where the pilot would be and same thing..down down down... :)

hope that helps.

Hi everybody! I could use some help with this mission. I can't get the tank crews to get to their tanks. Two guys end up circling around the M1A1:s. How do I get them in?

Little update.

I tried again from previous checkpoint. Now it's down to one guy. I even tried pushing him towards the tank. I've also tried running around the hangar. Annoying bug...:angry:

Hi everybody! I could use some help with this mission. I can't get the tank crews to get to their tanks. Two guys end up circling around the M1A1:s. How do I get them in?

Little update.

I tried again from previous checkpoint. Now it's down to one guy. I even tried pushing him towards the tank. I've also tried running around the hangar. Annoying bug...:angry:

You need to go inside the hangar, and walk between the tanks. That's how it worked for me.

Little update.

You need to go inside the hangar, and walk between the tanks. That's how it worked for me.

Been there, done that. No help... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Okay... the helo's have me trapped in the tunnel with the tanks. But I didn't bring any Zues rockets. Do I need to start over and equip with them? I do have a GL but those seem pretty ineffective.

• 3 years later...

Okay, I realise this is a new post on a very old thread, but I have only just discovered GRAW.

I took the advice on this thread and shot down (neutralised really) the two Havocs.

It probably took about 5-6 clips, which was easily replenished because I was using the SCAR-L. I probably went through more clips than usual because I hardly stopped running. Every time I heard the whoosh of the rockets being launched I would race across the other side of the 'arena' and would take shots at too long a range.

I tried using the GL but it did nothing. And I don't believe it was because I missed. I had three shots as the Havoc just hovered over me.

• 2 months later...

At the start of this mission (SP) I arm all the team with a zeus as I prefer to take out the enemy tanks without using my own tanks.

At the end of the tunnel I send the team out into the open with a group order to attack the helos. They will keep telling you "I dont have a shot" but keep going and eventually they will take them both down.

One drawback I have found though in sending a team member to take out a tank is that they dont take cover and fire, they walk right up to the tank itself, and usually get shot!