Mission 6 (Ready for bear)

Mission 6

Get to the other end of the tunnel to confront the Apaches. Only got one Zeus launcher and, apparently, only 1 missile!

How dya take out 2 helis with 1 missile? Weapon selection at front of mission doesn't offer an extra Zeus. How dya get around that one?

Mmm, thinking back, he caught the edge of an Apache missile blast, maybe he dropped the launcher? He didn't have it when he got up! Should he have more than one missile?

Take 2 Zeus Launchers.

You take one, and kit one of your buddies out with one.

Then to get him to take the helo out, select him in tactical view, choose attack [+] icon, and click on the helo.

He will get into position and take out the helo.

Take 2 Zeus Launchers.

You take one, and kit one of your buddies out with one.

Then to get him to take the helo out, select him in tactical view, choose attack [+] icon, and click on the helo.

He will get into position and take out the helo.

you sure? i couldn't get him to take out a tank in earlier missions.

Er! Thanks guys but I've emptied 5 magazines into one of the Apaches, it smokes but doesn't go down!! As for equip another team member with a second Zeus, I can't!! it doesn't give me the choice! The Zeus isn't on the weapons list!

did it with mr-c with 3 shot burst (3/4 mags total, due to my aim ??)

they start smoking pretty fast and there is a trick to it i think

my team was not so fond of the helo's, they all died :(

with SAW it will go better, think with sniper it will take even less

Hi,

Yeah, took one of them out with my scar, took 4 mags though. Team mate got the first one with the Zeus but then got roasted by the other heli. Think your'e right! you gotta get out of the tunnel. I sheltered under the raised walkway where the heli's can't get a good bead on you but you can get good belly shots as they fly over.

Now I'm on my own with the tanks and 1 mag and 8 rounds left!!!

This is way ahead of GR1 :rocky:

did it with mr-c with 3 shot burst (3/4 mags total, due to my aim ??)

they start smoking pretty fast and there is a trick to it i think

my team was not so fond of the helo's, they all died :(

with SAW it will go better, think with sniper it will take even less

Edited by tecmic

Try turning right as you come out ohf the tunnel, There is a hollow in the hill there were you a protected on three sides. It takes a little longer to ge the Havocs but they dont seem to be able to get you.

Grenade launchers work well against heli's (one round is all you need), as long as they're close enough. The problem with the Zeus (or Predator if you want to get technical) is that head-one, you won't get a lock unless the heli fires his guns (which leaves you open for a rocket run).

As I play through more missions I'm liking weapons management less and less! :angry:

Changing weapons is cumbersome and takes your concentration, usually when you need it most!

I don't like being restricted as to when I can use a weapon or support service (the Zeus can only be used against a target that has been scripted) It doesn't work if you target something else! Same with air support etc. If I mess up and use up resources early it should be my decision and responsibility, as in reality.

One other thing! Shouldn't there be more opportunities to replenish your ammo? I can't believe your'e expected to survive on just what you start out with.

Mike.

I don't like being restricted as to when I can use a weapon or support service (the Zeus can only be used against a target that has been scripted) It doesn't work if you target something else!

What do you mean? I know the air support only works for the assigned targets of the mission; but the Zeus itself can be used on anything from VBL's to the Havocs.

One other thing! Shouldn't there be more opportunities to replenish your ammo? I can't believe your'e expected to survive on just what you start out with.

Mike.

I don't think there are resupplies with grenades and rockets, but if you walk over a dropped gun after you kill someone, you can usually pick up a clip. It might depend on the type of gun you have and the type they had, but I pretty much always pick up ammo after a fight.

I always replenish my ammo by picking up clips from dead AI. I never run out. If I take a guy out, and I have 10 mags and 25 bullets in my gun, I reload and pick up the new clip.

AI is kinda stupid, because they dont know what is Danger and they dont see The fireline!

I say Zeus guy to hit the Chopper, you know what? he ran to open area after 5-times commanidg him to kill an chopper! And that dumb idiot ran to open-area THEN changed to Zeus and got killed! Ai seems not understand the Machinegun and rocket fires. "great AI" yeah! Tag the target and get your men dead! i sometime kill them and make the mission myself....

Exactly! targets for air support are predetermined! I'm the man on the ground, shouldn't it be my decision?

Regarding the Zeus, I issued a target command and got the response, "I haven't got a shot".

Perhaps it was cos I didn't tell him to get out of the tunnel first? If so, that's disappointing that the AI can't work out that he's got to move to comply with the command. <_<

Ok, thanks on the ammo thing, I'll try a pickup.

I don't like being restricted as to when I can use a weapon or support service (the Zeus can only be used against a target that has been scripted) It doesn't work if you target something else!

What do you mean? I know the air support only works for the assigned targets of the mission; but the Zeus itself can be used on anything from VBL's to the Havocs.

Edited by tecmic

Exactly! targets for air support are predetermined! I'm the man on the ground, shouldn't it be my decision?

It's important to note that these statements are untrue. I dislike scripted weapon capabilities and in GRAW you can use air support an any vehicle or gun emplacement. In the stealth mission "Mayday Mayday" for example, you are briefed to use it on specific AA (or is it arty) targets but there was a little APC with a .50 cal that was getting on my nerves so I called in air support and that showed him who's boss.

I stand corrected!

It's important to note that these statements are untrue. I dislike scripted weapon capabilities and in GRAW you can use air support an any vehicle or gun emplacement. In the stealth mission "Mayday Mayday" for example, you are briefed to use it on specific AA (or is it arty) targets but there was a little APC with a .50 cal that was getting on my nerves so I called in air support and that showed him who's boss.

OK, Im at the check point where you take command of the Abrahms, I'm, having no end of trouble. 1 or bolth tanks will inevitably get stuck on some peice of terrain (usually the hulk of an enemy tank), and will be unable to continue forward. What am I missing?

Yes, the tank navigation is terribly borked. I decided to use only one tank at a time, leaving the other behind until the first one had cleared out the enemy armor. It may help also to lead the tanks, you are briefed; staying back and working the tanks from the sat map seems not to work. It's all a bit awkward, Dreamer but it's a relatively short segment, fortunately, and you'll nail it before long.