Third Person Mod

Hey i was thinking today, which is pretty scary. You know in the xml camera settings file you modify each section of either,

<camera name="person" type="target">

or

<camera name="new_person" type="target">

Can you add your own stuff in there were it will actually change the settings like:

<camera name="person_sniper_rifel" type="target">

<camer local_offest, yada yada, yada

I was curious about this , i wonder if its possibel. Would someone out there who knows more about this stuff then try this out.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's sort of a weird post n_e_w_d_u_d_e, where you quote me with your text:

I like seeing my character. i think both views look great i just enjoy the game when i have a character to look at. I want to see his reactions to me moving him around. Im all for it and hope we can get this to a very acceptable playable mod. Im excited about it, and since my game will in the mail next week, i cant wait to play the full game and team up online with peeps.

... pasted right into the middle of the quote... :blink:

How's the third-person mod coming? Hope you guys haven't given up!

:unsure:

Edited by Waika

For the love of god! we need 3rd person view mod!! third person view mod! third person view mod! third person view mod! third person view mod! third person view mod! third person view mod! third person view mod! third person view mod! third person view mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hello, I've made a slightly different third person mod, it's not perfect but good enough for myself.

tps2nj0.jpg

untitled2oo2.jpg

tps1lo4.jpg

the camera goes to almost first person when you peek around corners and shoot and goes to third person when you walk around, it follows the character somewhat naturally.

here is my simple tweak to the camera_settings.xml

<camera name="person" type="target">

<camera local_offset="0 20 50">

<controller type="distance" distance="50" track_target="false" lerp="1.0"/>

<controller type="non_penetration" ref_object="0" sphere_cast_radius="10" indent="10" ray_type_mask="camera -phantom" planar_cast="true"/>

<!-- ray_type_mask="body" planar_cast="true" slots="1 13 15 16 17 20 21 33 35 36 37"/> -->

</camera>

<target local_offset="0 0 0" >

<controller name="person_target" type="distance" distance="0" lerp="1.0"/>

<controller name="person_up" type="up_vector" ref_object="0" lerp="1.0"/>

</target>

</camera>

Could someone please help me to get the head to show? what exactly should I change in the human.dxe or is there a decompiler?

Edited by tps

Hello tps !!!

what i need to do do for make this working , cause i have try to use it by modify the camera_setting.xml and place it in the gui folder in data but it not work :wacko: can you tell me what the right method to get it work thx :thumbsup:

Edited by fred

you need to place this in \Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\local\english\settings\

(for english version)

i've uploaded this file here - http://www.ghostaholic.com/datas/users/962...ra_settings.rar

however it doesn't work with all guns

another problem is that you don't see a crosshair when you zoom

also I can't get the head to show, it's obviously possible though, I've tried to contact Roy, Nemon, and Smith and other but they don't reply...

well anyway here is a small low quality vid, it shows this third person camera in gameplay

Overall i'm pretty much happy with the camera and I just would like to get the head to show but I have no idea how to do it without a decompiler...

Edited by tps

Ok i have it instal now !!! it work good , i have notice the lil camera prob with the scar but for a start it s not bad at all !! goodjob man !! keep up the goodwork !!! :thumbsup:

ps: if you need some beta tester i ' m your man w00t

Edited by fred