SLI performances

I've seen lot of people saying that SLI performances are poor.

Some others says that with the 'alternate frame rendering' option performance are very good, up to 2X.....

Where's the truth? Anyone has some feedback about?

I have to decide if going to add another 6800gs to my rig or change it for a more powerful card....

Some others says that with the 'alternate frame rendering' option performance are very good, up to 2X.....

I have to decide if going to add another 6800gs to my rig or change it for a more powerful card....

Hey :)

I had 7800GTX (256mb) and i played GRAW (textures medium, rest high high high ;) )

6 days ago i bought 2 7900gt, and now i have SLI.... and its true.. Framerate is almost a double....

And it must be Alternate Frame Rendering in profile .....

Ive got a single 7800 256mb and i rum 1240x1024 most other settings on low/mid (FP=37 to 45)

I am thinking of another 7800 in SLI any one got this.. what can i expect in FP at my resolution

Ta

Dogs