Lightspeed's last words

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Some flaws"..............har har. There's more than a few. And that's the point Papa6. Not that the game has huge potential. Not that there are plenty of positives about the game. It's that the negatives are overshadowing the positives for many people.

I just saw there's a patch, NJ GRIN. It's stuff that should have not been broke upon release but the more that I look at this stuff the more I see that UBI most likely forced it out early. If GRIN fixes everything and patches m/p you'll see less threads like this one.

Not that there are plenty of positives about the game. It's that the negatives are overshadowing the positives for many people.

Yep, and thats what the next few months & GRAW working on it (back in the office) will be looking at no less. And due to this I havent purchased the game and waiting for some juicy updates. Looking in the modding section (go have a peep people who are JUST complaining) GRIN are already popping in and looking to help on modding areas and it looks like things will be moddable and already people are chipping in on that side.

Couple that with the MP updates that have ALWAYS been mentioned are coming AND the fact the sticky's on this forum have some real golden gems for GRIN to have a peep at them, dont you think this thread is now .. well, just a basic shout fest about the same thing?

Also ... isnt it technicaly gone off topic? After all it was purely about 1 mans point of view & his last word on the subject ... surely anything else is off topic right? :huh: We should all boycot this thread and not add anymore fuel to its rather smouldering fire, so just stop posting & reacting ............................

.................... :unsure: ........................

DOH! :wall::P

Can we set fire to this thread? That would be good ... print it out and burn it .... hehe :devil:

"Some flaws"..............har har. There's more than a few. And that's the point Papa6. Not that the game has huge potential. Not that there are plenty of positives about the game. It's that the negatives are overshadowing the positives for many people.

I just saw there's a patch, NJ GRIN. It's stuff that should have not been broke upon release but the more that I look at this stuff the more I see that UBI most likely forced it out early. If GRIN fixes everything and patches m/p you'll see less threads like this one.

I can agree with that. but as it stands we are forced to wait until June for the update to fix these issues. I'm sure they will fix those issues.

After all the patches that we had with Ravenshield are you sure that your rant is just?

I think thats just it, most people who dealt with the hell that was Raven Shield expected more this time. This seems to be deja vu with better graphics... :wacko:

After all the patches that we had with Ravenshield are you sure that your rant is just?

can't you just cool yer jets long enough to see if the June patch fixes all your needs?

c'mon man, we were told ahead of time there will be dedi server files after the release.

if I had a dollar for ever rant about how bad GRAW is, I'd reckon i would retire and make gaming my new career. :rofl:

added: BTWPoW_LigHtsPeEd, you need some anger management. this is ONLY a game.

Well said mate. Well said.

Hilarious. This is potentially one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read in my life. The consumer is always right mentality is just plain stupid. Do you throw a fit similar to this if someone at Wendy's accidentally puts ketchup on your burger? I would be willing to bet that most of you weren't even around in GR's glory days. I stepped in right in the middle. I love the game and I always will. But, I don't lose control if its "heir to the throne" isn't quite up to snuff. If my favorite band releases a terrible album, I don't freak out and scream about how much they suck now. I listen to the old stuff. If you're looking for [GR], go play [GR].

Howbout they fix the game so it's more than a glorified s/p game? Coop sux (4 people, gimme a break) and the Dom mode is bugged like crazy. Spawning in while you're invisible forces you to rejoin, and there's not type of lobby where the players waiting can chat till the map loads again.

At least [GR] had these things, right now GRAW is a public beta at best. 'Cept some of you paid for it..................rofl.

Howbout they fix the game so it's more than a glorified s/p game? Coop sux (4 people, gimme a break) and the Dom mode is bugged like crazy. Spawning in while you're invisible forces you to rejoin, and there's not type of lobby where the players waiting can chat till the map loads again.

At least [GR] had these things, right now GRAW is a public beta at best. 'Cept some of you paid for it..................rofl.

true story, the game shouldnt have been released like this, one of the reasons why i kept saying i dont mind waiting for GR3 as long as its done properly.

im still holding off until june, we will see what they have come up with, hopefully it'll be worth waiting for. and if they pull it off they will have done a hell of a job. :thumbsup:

things that will make GRAW a game worthy of the GR title:

1) get rid of the HDR stuff, back to basics

2) make the game run better, 20-30 fps isnt gonna cut it

3) more than 4 people in co-op, 8 would be better

4) maps outside of mexico city, maybe some remakes of [GR] favourites

5) get rid of gamespy, Direct IP and ASE is the way forwards

6) release dedicated server files

7) an SDK

8) a better chat lobby - GR's community was built on being able to communicate easily.

9) more IFF options

10) more than 1 more MP game type

yeah i know im asking too much but this is all stuff that should have been sorted before. i realise 3 and 4 may not be possible because you would need a 10ghz CPU and 5GB RAM and 4x nvidia 7800's to run it properly.

Edited by babydave

things that will make GRAW a game worthy of the GR title:

1) get rid of the HDR stuff, back to basics

2) make the game run better, 20-30 fps isnt gonna cut it

3) more than 4 people in co-op, 8 would be better

4) maps outside of mexico city, maybe some remakes of [GR] favourites

5) get rid of gamespy, Direct IP and ASE is the way forwards

6) release dedicated server files

7) an SDK

8) a better chat lobby - GR's community was built on being able to communicate easily.

9) more IFF options

10) more than 1 more MP game type

yeah i know im asking too much but this is all stuff that should have been sorted before. i realise 3 and 4 may not be possible because you would need a 10ghz CPU and 5GB RAM and 4x nvidia 7800's to run it properly.

3 and 4 seem more likely than 1 and 5

Oh come on ppl!

All this moaning is starting to get real old now...it's just the same thing over and over again without any real new input.

For those of you not satisfied with the MP experience: Either don't buy the game to start off with or go return it in wait for the promised patch. Hopefully GRIN will come through and MP will once again be what you want it to be.

As for the moaning about low fps...buy a ###### new computer or run at lower resolutions! I in no way have a kick ###### rig but it still runs reasonable on my system at 1280x1024.

Sure they could of made the game run smoother...but it would most likely have been by sacrificing on detail. And don't you think that if they had taken that route that we would right now of seen 10 000 different threads in the lines of "GR:AW...looks crap, like it was made 2 years ago", "where's the eyecandy I was promised" and "Sob, I can't see the pimple on Mitchell's ######...too low res textures!"

This whole flamefest throughout the forums are really making me think about what Lightspeed set out to do in this thread, put my last words into this forum for good! To the point that I in another forum publicly have appologized to one of GRIN's modelers for the behaviour of the trolls in this forum!

Snow....fed up with the tantrum attitude around here!

As for the moaning about low fps...buy a ###### new computer or run at lower resolutions!

god i hate this statement

my computer isnt ancient and im trying to run it at a low res anyway, plus theres people with ub3r computers who cant run the game too well either.....

i agree with you about sacrificing detail but there are other examples where thiere is scalability and good graphics with less system specs required.

Edited by babydave

I know alot of ppl hate that comment....but at the same time they seem to want an extreme detail game that will run at 130FPS when powered by a Casio pocketcalculator :wall:

I ###### you not I could sit down and make models for [GR] with GR:AW's details....but I don't think anyone in among the [GR] players would be all to pleased with a mod like that as it would turn [GR] into a slideshow.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

All valid points: but It has to be said ,the game engine is very good , the map/graphic detail

also very good, but,

the game has some flaws that should have been resolved with an earlier demo release ...say 4-8 weeks before release...

It's a step step BACKWARDS from GR1 !!! in the mutliplayer gameplay..

NO Last Man Standing......NO Team v Team LMS [ yes they may be added , but they should have been on the original release !!!!! NO QUESTION..

The CS style Buy or NOT to BUy crap !! who's brain wave was that ?? an ex -CS fan ??

The AA graphic issue is/was never an issue !!! it's part of the 'DESIL' Graphics engine implimentation. more of an issue !!! IF your ever lucky enough to go SLI or SLI + PPU [ageia] The frame rate /preformance is no better than a single GPU...... I KNOW cos I do run it both ways and SLI makes very little diffrence. PPU makes it slower !!! dam v1.0 Ageia drivers.

I pray a V1.05 or 1.1 UPDATE FIX comes SOON

p.s. I also want a Desert map and a tropical map

I just really don't understand why this game didn't just stick to what made it so much fun to play? To me it's like everyone that had something to do with [GR] just went away, and now we have new devs making this series something that we wish we could play. Having to wait for new developments, and patches and such. The game play being the way it is, and lastman and such that kept this kickass game rolling in MP, just not there. In my mind im thinking how they could have just made this game alot better graphically and with some new ideas and such, just an upgrade you know, ......?

You know, I've been sitting here thinking, and I can't say that if I were on the GRIN team, that I'd bother reading these forums anymore. The developers just can't win. The lot of you whiners -- and you know who you are -- are moaning because the game is so different. Yet, had the game been more like the [Ghost Recon], the lot of you would have been complaining that you paid for the same thing, but with better graphics. As Snowfella pointed out, they also can't win on the graphics front. Some of you folks are whining that the game looks like crap. Others that it runs like crap. As I said before -- you had the demo. If you played the demo, you'd know how the game looks, and you'd have an idea of how it runs on your system. If you don't like how it plays or looks, you shouldn't have bought the game, folks.

As for bugs and watnot, it's clear that most of you whiners were not here when Ghost Recon came out. If you had been, you'd remember that it took quite some time to work out some pretty nasty bugs, and to include some features that we now take for granted. You that are just hacking and moaning over and over -- you're acting like a bunch of spoiled children. No video game is released bug-free. No video game is released without features needing to be added later.

In short, show some respect for the developers that worked hard to bring this game out, and try to please as many folks as they could. Show some respect for the community that was here long before most of you folks that are whining so superfluiously. Just be quiet. NO ONE, not the developers, not the staff and admins, not the folks who have been here since before Ghost Recon launched -- wants to hear you whine and complain. It does no good, and it makes you look like spoiled children. If you don't like the game, use the door. Leave.

You know, I've been sitting here thinking, and I can't say that if I were on the GRIN team, that I'd bother reading these forums anymore. The developers just can't win. The lot of you whiners -- and you know who you are -- are moaning because the game is so different. Yet, had the game been more like the [Ghost Recon], the lot of you would have been complaining that you paid for the same thing, but with better graphics. As Snowfella pointed out, they also can't win on the graphics front. Some of you folks are whining that the game looks like crap. Others that it runs like crap. As I said before -- you had the demo. If you played the demo, you'd know how the game looks, and you'd have an idea of how it runs on your system. If you don't like how it plays or looks, you shouldn't have bought the game, folks.

As for bugs and watnot, it's clear that most of you whiners were not here when Ghost Recon came out. If you had been, you'd remember that it took quite some time to work out some pretty nasty bugs, and to include some features that we now take for granted. You that are just hacking and moaning over and over -- you're acting like a bunch of spoiled children. No video game is released bug-free. No video game is released without features needing to be added later.

In short, show some respect for the developers that worked hard to bring this game out, and try to please as many folks as they could. Show some respect for the community that was here long before most of you folks that are whining so superfluiously. Just be quiet. NO ONE, not the developers, not the staff and admins, not the folks who have been here since before Ghost Recon launched -- wants to hear you whine and complain. It does no good, and it makes you look like spoiled children. If you don't like the game, use the door. Leave.

Well said. If GRIN had just remade GR1 with a newer engine, I would have cried and bitched and whined. I wanted progress, not just the same game looking prettier. GRAW delivered, as far as I'm concerned (apart from MP). The demo made it pretty clear what the game was about, so why people are suprised is beyond me. It's been known for years that the game was based in Mexico City.. and yet people are suprised not to find jungle or forest maps??? If a game was based in New York City would you be suprised to see that it's mostly urban? Either people are geographically challenged or they haven't bothered to read anything about this game before it's release. Having said that, I'd love to see some open outdoor maps :) Modders, pay attention.

I too remember "pretty poor performance" with GR1, and many many bugs. It took years before I could turn shadows on. Basically, if any game is going to last years it needs to push the envelope. I stuck with GR1 because I could see the potential (and because it was better than anything else, bugs and all).... and I'll stick with GRAW, for the same reason.