a lot of negative posts. not so many positive ones

As for the game not working on computers, I have to say sorry that the game has high min. req's. If one is going to buy any PC game in the future, they will have to upgrade to some extent: like it or not. It's just the way it is.

That's not the problem; the problem has been that people with machines that meet and exceed the minimum specifications listed for GRAW have been unable to achieve playable framerates, even at minimum settings. Nobody is crying because their 128MB card can't manage high quality textures at 1600x1200; some people with cards in the middle of the performance spectrum can't break 20FPS at minimum settings, and that's a legitimate issue. If GRAW couldn't run properly at the listed specifications, the specifications should have changed.

So please, pack up the tired old line about upgrading; it just doesn't apply here.

Hard to believe where we were just before the demo was released. This place WAS a shrine to GRIN, and I guess for good reason. Everyone was starving for information on GR.com when we found out GRIN was posting info over here. And they kept on posting it and we kept on eating it up. They earned our respect that way.

GRIN is about to show us what they are made of. If Bo and others come back to this forum and interact with us on the issues at hand, and work with us on getting things fixed, they will have proven to all of us that they now deserve our respect.

There is no doubt that this game has promise and I for one am excited about that promise still. However, there is no doubt this game is incomplete. If GRIN can work with us to get it completed we will all realize the promise in the end. I plan on sticking around to see that happen…*crosses fingers* :grin1:

Couldn't have said it any better.......well done......... :grin1:

Fresh

What I think most people wanted was GR with updated graphics,

more maps and more guns. What we now have is a technical

experiment where the objective of giving the community the new

GR seems to have been lost...

Apperantly... the introduction of new technologies is more

important to GRIN/UBI than making a successor (I spelled that

wrong didn't I?) ...

Edited by CkZWarlord

And correct me if I am wrong, but weren't the people actually playing the game in beta form, with a direct line to the dev team, the very same people you ladder against?

They were playing S/P and coop. And if you like I'll copy and paste their comments about their feelings about the finished game. Seems they felt duped too. Not only that Rocky, but it was one person who I play against.................lol. Great representation.

As for not speaking up, GRIN repeated refused to discuss m/p at all. They gave us the info when they were good and ready to. That's when I posted my "infamous" post. I spoke up and took alot of heat over it.

Then again, I don't ride with the group if somethings wrong. I'm not scared to speak up. But I'm a bit amazed at you surrepticiously aiming the blame back in my direction. Isn't that what you meant by your "not speaking up" comment? If that is indeed the case then you are as guilty as the rest of the fanbois. The fact is that to make a sequel to a game you should be familiar with it. From what I've seen in this release it's an FPS that had the title "Ghost Recon" slapped on it. It doesn't stay true to the original at all. I wonder how many tickets Beverly Hills Cop 2 would have sold if they'd have fired Eddie Murphy and put in someone else!!! I didn't expect the exact same game, but I did expect something to resemble the original other than the name.

Ya'll can kiss behinds all you like, it's doing no one any good here. I remember back in the day when they removed the gimp. These forums along with the ones at UBI were full of everyone who played GR complaining. Didn't matter if they were s/p, coop or m/p players. They all said "what are you doing to our game"? And in two weeks we got the 1.4 patch. Do you think that would ever happen again, considering how splintered this community is?

No offense Rocky but these forums have contributed to said splintering. There are too many new kids who only care about their own wants and that's it. I don't play coop but I care that you coop people get exactly what you want. Where the heck is the 9 player squad? Why isn't there an XML file to edit, even though I've read over and over again in here that there was? Those that don't play LMS should care that we get what we want. It means more sales and more sales tells UBI that this is a franchise worth continuing. It tells UBI that they can still make money from PC sales and not to ignore PC gamers any more. You people are so blinded that you cannot see the big picture.

Well there it is. Take it how you like it but if people don't stand up now and request things be fixed then ya'll can play GR4 on Xbox.

Edited by ruggbutt

As for the game not working on computers, I have to say sorry that the game has high min. req's. If one is going to buy any PC game in the future, they will have to upgrade to some extent: like it or not. It's just the way it is.

That's not the problem; the problem has been that people with machines that meet and exceed the minimum specifications listed for GRAW have been unable to achieve playable framerates, even at minimum settings. Nobody is crying because their 128MB card can't manage high quality textures at 1600x1200; some people with cards in the middle of the performance spectrum can't break 20FPS at minimum settings, and that's a legitimate issue. If GRAW couldn't run properly at the listed specifications, the specifications should have changed.

So please, pack up the tired old line about upgrading; it just doesn't apply here.

Well said :thumbsup:

But again I do have some faith that GRIN will optimize this game better with coming patches

Edited by LT.INSTG8R

Exactly my problem. Downloaded the demo, but it kept crashing. Uninstalled it at this point.

You people are so blinded that you cannot see the big picture
#

Or is it they can not see your picture <_<

It makes me lmso when someone says the game is really good that they get slated and called FanBois or what ever, Just because some one see the game differantly and are not a Tech High Brow like so Many on here, there is no need what so ever for slating them for there veiw be it they like the game or not.

Thou i have only played the demo i will be buying the Full Game, even after all the the Bad and Good things i have read. I was a [GR] player for many years and have looked forward to this game for a long time, my trust is with Grin, [GR] got patched and Modded to Greatness there is no reason for me to beleave that the same will not happen with GRAW.

So let people post what they find bad and what they find good without belittling them, Just post in a constructive respectful and considered manner :)

Edited by Rolly

Well there it is. Take it how you like it but if people don't stand up now and request things be fixed then ya'll can play GR4 on Xbox.

I don't know if you have some sort of filter on these forums, but they are chock a block full of requests for things to be fixed, over flowing infact. I see people standing up yelling about the same issues over and over again, how you can say "if people don't stand up now and request things to be fixed" is quite bewildering.

Oh and you really need to change the record about the gimp thing. People are always pulling that out and holding it up to say "HERE LOOK LOOK, COMPLAIN AND YOU GET THINGS FIXED!!!". Here's a news flash for you. The gimp would have been put back in anyway, its removal was a mistake, an un-noticed side effect of another change that was made in that patch. So your "we got patch in two weeks" because of the complaints argument is based on an incorrect assumption.

Anyway, back to the point at hand, I agree with you people need to voice their concerns and the specific issues that need fixed, but I really don't understand why you keep harping on about it, open your eyes, the forum is overflowing with such feedback/complaints.

GRIN didn't keep faithful to the original and this is what everyone is upset about

nailed it right on the head man!

:yes: How true. GRAW's got some good things working for it but the bad far out weighs them.

I have noticed that there have been a lot of negative posts regarding GRAW, and not so many positive ones.

Where have you been? That is how forums have been for years.

The positive folks don't take the time to post because they are playing, the people who see a problem voice their opinions on forums.

The negative always have, and probably always will be, the majority of posts on the internet.

I have known this for at least 10 years, thru admining websites and forums. It's nothing new, especially when their are passionate people in "said community".

Edited by Vir2L

Then again, I don't ride with the group if somethings wrong. I'm not scared to speak up. But I'm a bit amazed at you surrepticiously aiming the blame back in my direction. Isn't that what you meant by your "not speaking up" comment? If that is indeed the case then you are as guilty as the rest of the fanbois.

Your ready to slam everyone for not talking up and demanding TvT this and TvT that. You know what, maybe you should go read 2 sequels worth of PC forums. There are a ton and I mean a ton of wishlist threads. Plenty of people dicussed plenty of aspects of what they wanted in 2, and then later 3. So don't blame everyone here because GRIN did what they wanted to do, not what this forum (minus your divine influence), asked them to do.

Tell me, why did the GR2, GR3 360 and LD teams at RSE develop more robust MP (Coop and TvT) than GRIN? Don't they all use the same places to gather feedback? Don't the guys from RSE visit here more than GRIN? Serellan alone has been a member 2 years longer than Bo. Why are their (RSE) games more balanced between MP and SP? By your "logic" they should be totally focused on what GR.net wants (you claim that to be SP and Coop MP players only). Intresting that 360 has both 16 player coop (the large number that PC players wanted) and a nice array of MP gametypes and options (PC players on this forum like that too). Kind of puzzling.

Or is it that maybe, wow this is a shocker, RSE looked at their previous titles and built off that? Could that be the answer? Seems plausible to me. So why does GRIN need to listen to GR.net (as you claim sp and coop people only) to design the whole MP portion of the game? Why didn't they just give Serellan a phone call? Why not just fire up GR1? RS? GR2? All three of those titles have the type of MP options we expect in a sequel to an RSE game. Or maybe they had their own design, that they wanted to do.

Forums have an impact, but they aren't going to completey change the entire design of a game. Forums aren't going to lengthen the deadlines set down by the publisher either. Your saying the same thing on every forum, that noone here is talking about this or that so it isn't in the game. It's easy to say that after it ships....

Why didn't you and your friends at TCZ come over, oh maybe last August after WK got back from Germany, and post your wishes? Bo was already here, that would have been the time. Instead you guys are laughing at Rocky today because he's told you you missed the chance. Kind of funny, you think the lack of "true mp players" here is the reason "true mp" is arcadey on ship. Why didn't you guys band together a year ago and make all your wishes known on this site then? If its that important, and you think this forum has that much influence you guys should have done something about it. Not a month before ship, not a week before ship, not 2 weeks after ship. You should have dragged everyone, from all of those clans, over here and start a huge wishlist thread. Because as you say Rugg, forums have a big influence.

So whatever. The game has issues, I think most people recognize that fact, even Rocky. But before you go throwing around blame, which you are, it doesn't take a genius to see that, look around at some of the related titles, and put 2 and 2 together.

Don't even bother to PM me this time.