Ghost Recon.net Forums

I'll throw my support in for these as well!!

- Respawns options, in any form- team, individual, limited, unlimited, etc....

- team leader death= mission scrub has GOT to go!!

- not seen this, but heard it's true... if teammate gets too FAR from the leader= scrub - that has got to go as well (if it's true)

- it's more of a GAME function, but random AI respwn locations. Nothing worse than knowing EXACTLY where someone will be

- dedicated server as well as direct IP connect

- more gameplay options - firefight, etc...

- more player options - weapons kits, player types, skins, etc...

- overall, smoother and stable connects!!!!!!!!

there's more I'm sure... but these would be a nice start :o=

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres my list of things i would like to see fixed

1) 9Man teams

2) fix bug when you go prone sometimes rifle points skyward

3) modding tools

4) wider variety of weapons

5) open maps sometimes i like to take the longer route round to an objective rather than be forced to take a direct route

6) game ending when team leader dies

7) more rural maps with plenty of cover (ie maps like the wilderness from gr1)

8) the ability to call in a airtsrike anytime you like

9) the ability to hold riflle over your head while behind cover as in GR2

10) a wider variety of game types eg recon/firefight/defend etc

11) Direct ip connection and possibly be able to play on UBI lets not forget this is where most of us Gr players met

12) Command map Grid overlays

13) some form of in game voice communications

14) The ability for preprogrammed command text chat (ie as in GR1 i have a set of pre programmed text giving me the abilty to confirm orders etc without having to use my voice comms

See ya on the battlefield

:g_withgrin:

Edited by 9MS Jonesey

-Not to many things to mention but I think the most pressing issue is my other Ghost Members (not A.I) should be able to see the plan I have laid out in the tactical map

All my teamates see is the command words "Move, Cover..."

I would love to be able to plot out the plan (being the team leader) and having my real team members being able to look at the map and see the plan I have laid out.

- I would like the system to remember the gear I had last used so that if I chose to go with the same gear (If I have to redo the mission) it's there...

Irish Stout

Just a note here to tell me that a compilation list was completed to this point. Carry on folks.

Did you know that when you are dead in COOP you can use number 1,2,3 to follow the teammates in the crosscom? You can also use them when in fullscreen Crosscom to toggle teammates in singleplayer.

Dai-San, I'm just now reading your post and I would love every one of those things listed to be in the new patch. Co-op would be perfect if they followed that list. I hope GRiN is reading this! :)

(...)

Personally, the things I really am missing:

(...)

6. Grid Maps.

(...)

I agree with most of your pionts stated PoW_LigHtsPeEd, only one minor detail regarding to point 6. Grid maps aren't necessarry for me and probably a lot of others amongst us. This is due to the fact some prefer to use their own gridmap-overlays. So I would prefer nice and clean maps from GRIN and then put my/our own grids over these.

:g_withgrin::grin1:

Shhhhhh I'd think you'll find it's on Santa's list :santa: [and I don't mean Christmas]

Just a note here to tell me that a compilation list was completed to this point. Carry on folks.

Did you know that when you are dead in COOP you can use number 1,2,3 to follow the teammates in the crosscom? You can also use them when in fullscreen Crosscom to toggle teammates in singleplayer.

I didn't know that !!! will try when I can find some players to try it out,

Is that cross-com still in Black and White view ??? , be nice in color [colour uk version] ;)

Is that cross-com still in Black and White view ??? , be nice in color [colour uk version] ;)

Black & White and off centre due to the camera being mounted on the side of the guy's helmet. Can be quite motion sickness enducing.

Black & White and off centre due to the camera being mounted on the side of the guy's helmet. Can be quite motion sickness enducing.

Dai san,

totally agree it's a pitty when your dead you don't get the GR1 styled color feed [a kind of spectator cam through their eyes]

_Direct IP connect

_8+ players

_Cross com shaky cam needs to be redesigned. Its all great for the first 30 secs, but then depending on playing style, things get a lil nausiating.(at least let us disable the shaky part)

_Captin dies game over needs to go.

GRIN,

We are having a blast. I am an admin of an adult-oriented GRAW clan (www.beerdrinkingassasings.com) and we are very vested in making the game as tactical as possible. We have been discussing this a lot and the following recomendations apply to all types of MP, including co-op.

1) What I am calling middle-mouse click commands (similar to SP AI orders) where the team leader can "paint" team orders and have them show up in everyone's HUD, commands such as move, supress, cover, etc. We find the tactical map sometimes isn't effecient/fast enough and therefore doesn't get used as much as we'd like. We use voice-com but a visual indicator would be very helpfull.

2) We end up using the tactical map "waypoints" to paint threats as a great way of communicating to the rest of the team tango locations, MG nest, etc. A "threat" indicator similar to the waypoint would be a terrific enhancement, especially if ANY team member could paint/deploy/use them. Again, from the tactical map is one option and middle-mouse click would be even better.

3) Some similar implementation of the above in other MP modes would be nice as well but is obviously more of a logistics problem. You obviously can't have dozens of "HUD" markers all over the place but some way of facilitating in-game visual communication between team mates would help enhance the tactical component of the game quite a bit.

4) TL down = game over makes it a little frustrating sometimes.

5) Currently, the DOM games seem very run&gun without a lot of tactics being used. I know you can't force a player to play a certain way but I think you guys have done a lot of great job in setting up conditions that SHOULD benefit the tactical player, ie. not running and shooting at the same time. I would only encourage the team to brainstorm ways of taking it even further. Maybe the delay between running and shooting gets a tad longer, maybe the affect on aim that lowerd stamina through running has is made even more dramatic, etc.

6) A way for server admins to limit the number of nades would go a long way in reducing the frag fest you see sometimes. Nades are great but they are often overused in a "random" fashion.

7) ANYTHING else you can do to slow down the game and make it more tactical.

I apologize in advance for the double-post but I am aslo going to put something similar in the other MP recomendation thread. These things are kind-of related to one another.

The one thing I would like to see in COOP is the ability for weapon loadouts to be remembered. I play with the same 3 people and we basically have all our roles set and it just would be easier to not have to select the same weapon loadout each time we start a new map.

That and a quick start mode where we can skip the beginning cut scenes. Some of them are painfully long especially when a map is restarted time and time again. I really don't need to know about Carlos Onteveros and the 7 eagles after the first 4 times.

One final note... I was watching Future Weapons on the Discovery channel and would like to get my hands on the Barrett M107 :)

Edited by poonsniff

I tend to agree with all earlier idea for coop. but I will try not to say same things then others.

My priorities would clearly be:

Gameplay:

-More then 4 player in coop, 9 would be great and maybe divide it under 3 scad of 3 player “choosable†scads leader.

-Put respawn

-Less linear missions.

-More full day light missions. With a more natural light (less yellow). The norad level have the most natural lights from my point of view.

-Allow non team leader to trigger the story.

-Improve the AI so that it does not shoot a player and then, when the team leader show up his small head, while firering switch target to the team leaders, even with the first target being in the middle of the street.

- Make the enemies suppression fire more random

- Modified the current bullet tracer for a “traveling†bullet, it’s far more immersive to see bullet come slowly toward you, or over you head. Good example of that is, Ghost Recon original, Battlefield series, FEAR, Call of Duty series, Halo séries and América’s Army. That mean, large spectrum of game from more or less realistic kind. And in each of them that’s great to see instead of a direct line.

- Make the AI throw handgrenade. In the earlier Ghost Recon, that was simply great to be in prone, seing a grenade falling in front of you, jumping up try to run away and getting blowed up. That’s was simply great to feel the adrenaline getting all over you body to try to evade those grenade.

-Give the AI more type of weapons.

-Allow player to take enemies weapons.

-Increase the number of choosable guns available to the player, including currently available weapons. The advanced warfighter système does not mean currently use weapons won’t be use in the future. And also allow the player to choose from enemie weapons.

Interface:

-In the game browser, allow to filters type of games, so you can get all the coop game and exclude all others servers.

-Allow to see currently “playing†coop server, so that we can see if a server you know is playing or simply know hosted.

-Change the color of the ingame chat with green color for players, and Red for the Team leaders, this way player will notice any change in the chat, this might be good for adversarial and coop. ( I have consider putting the color of the leader, yellow, but color blind person won’t see any difference between the green and yellow). As for adversarial, I would leave the kills in blue. Making this small change in the chat would largely improve socialization possibility of the game, since with the color being blue as is the kill message make the chat simply unnoted by most players.

- The after mission result, in coop currently show your own result and from what I understand, others if you click 1 2 3 4, I think those result should appear in one table with a post game chat (would also be good in adversarial). The goal of making this change would be to improve the competitive aspect of the coop. This competitive aspect still exist right now in GRAW, example of that is the fact that coop player always try to be in front of others and get most of the kill. But the ingame result pages are simply not effective to share your achievement as a player. Cooperative competitively is a huge part of the coop aspect of any game and player want to show his skill to other, proving himself that he is better then others. As a [GR], mission creator, I can say that the goal of player that played my missions was not to complete a mission, it was to beat my number of kills in my own maps, and when that happened, well they were very proud of it. This healty competition had the impact of creating a real fanbase for my missions and my server was empty less then a min when I hosted. And I had many time people complaining on UBI that they couldn’t get in. So I think you game could greatly improve the retention of fan by allowing this small improvement, that would improve the social interaction of player.

Feature:

I think you should implement a Armpatch like it was in Rogue Spear. The reason to do so would be to be able to identify fast who is the player and to be able to distinct yourself from others in a way. Player like to be unique and different from others. And the fact that you can be identified by others may end up scaring your enemies, knowing that those having this armpact are good.

I think that will be all for the moment.

I really enjoy the game, but can't wait for futur improvement :thumbsup:

6) A way for server admins to limit the number of nades would go a long way in reducing the frag fest you see sometimes. Nades are great but they are often overused in a "random" fashion.

I apologize in advance for the double-post but I am aslo going to put something similar in the other MP recomendation thread. These things are kind-of related to one another.

Your server rules dude, really does... some great blastfests on there but you sure do get some nade nOObs... I thought I was bad but you should see these guys, it's hilarious to say the least.

The other day I saw a row of three guys, who must have practiced this, stood in a line and launching them over in an Artillery type fashion, suprised the how server didn't crash... EVERYTHING... and I mean EVERYTHING got annihilated, I really wish I made a Fraps vid now, it was amazing. LoL

Great server bud, really appreciate what you guys are doing in setting up these servers.

I tend to agree with all earlier idea for coop. but I will try not to say same things then others.

My priorities would clearly be:

Gameplay:

-More then 4 player in coop, 9 would be great and maybe divide it under 3 scad of 3 player “choosable†scads leader.

-Put respawn

-Less linear missions.

-More full day light missions. With a more natural light (less yellow). The norad level have the most natural lights from my point of view.

-Allow non team leader to trigger the story.

-Improve the AI so that it does not shoot a player and then, when the team leader show up his small head, while firering switch target to the team leaders, even with the first target being in the middle of the street.

- Make the enemies suppression fire more random

- Modified the current bullet tracer for a “traveling†bullet, it’s far more immersive to see bullet come slowly toward you, or over you head. Good example of that is, Ghost Recon original, Battlefield series, FEAR, Call of Duty series, Halo séries and América’s Army. That mean, large spectrum of game from more or less realistic kind. And in each of them that’s great to see instead of a direct line.

- Make the AI throw handgrenade. In the earlier Ghost Recon, that was simply great to be in prone, seing a grenade falling in front of you, jumping up try to run away and getting blowed up. That’s was simply great to feel the adrenaline getting all over you body to try to evade those grenade.

-Give the AI more type of weapons.

-Allow player to take enemies weapons.

-Increase the number of choosable guns available to the player, including currently available weapons. The advanced warfighter système does not mean currently use weapons won’t be use in the future. And also allow the player to choose from enemie weapons.

Interface:

-In the game browser, allow to filters type of games, so you can get all the coop game and exclude all others servers.

-Allow to see currently “playing†coop server, so that we can see if a server you know is playing or simply know hosted.

-Change the color of the ingame chat with green color for players, and Red for the Team leaders, this way player will notice any change in the chat, this might be good for adversarial and coop. ( I have consider putting the color of the leader, yellow, but color blind person won’t see any difference between the green and yellow). As for adversarial, I would leave the kills in blue. Making this small change in the chat would largely improve socialization possibility of the game, since with the color being blue as is the kill message make the chat simply unnoted by most players.

- The after mission result, in coop currently show your own result and from what I understand, others if you click 1 2 3 4, I think those result should appear in one table with a post game chat (would also be good in adversarial). The goal of making this change would be to improve the competitive aspect of the coop. This competitive aspect still exist right now in GRAW, example of that is the fact that coop player always try to be in front of others and get most of the kill. But the ingame result pages are simply not effective to share your achievement as a player. Cooperative competitively is a huge part of the coop aspect of any game and player want to show his skill to other, proving himself that he is better then others. As a [GR], mission creator, I can say that the goal of player that played my missions was not to complete a mission, it was to beat my number of kills in my own maps, and when that happened, well they were very proud of it. This healty competition had the impact of creating a real fanbase for my missions and my server was empty less then a min when I hosted. And I had many time people complaining on UBI that they couldn’t get in. So I think you game could greatly improve the retention of fan by allowing this small improvement, that would improve the social interaction of player.

Feature:

I think you should implement a Armpatch like it was in Rogue Spear. The reason to do so would be to be able to identify fast who is the player and to be able to distinct yourself from others in a way. Player like to be unique and different from others. And the fact that you can be identified by others may end up scaring your enemies, knowing that those having this armpact are good.

I think that will be all for the moment.

I really enjoy the game, but can't wait for futur improvement :thumbsup:

I would add those feature that i didn't included in my list, and that i posted earlier:

Player should be able to play default game modified missions without have to go download outside of game (not sure if thats not already included). [GR] 1 was cool on that aspect, player could join at anytime without having to download anything.

Added maps and contends should be downloadable ingame, the same way HL 2 allow that.

All those feature could help create a dynamique and lively coop community, the same way the first ghost recon did.

Really only two things are in danger of ruining co-op (which I think is *fantastic*) for me

i) Please have a toggle option for the intro videos. I am seriously seriously bored of listening to them.

ii) For the love of insert-deity-here what on earth was the thinking with the mission over if the team leader dies for multiplayer co-op? As another poster here said, if this happened in a real mission, the next most senior person takes over until and unless that leader orders extraction. PLEASE make this a toggleable option. :wall:

I'll go for a + 1;

iii) Requiring teams to stay together is frustrating in certain circumstances. I'd love to hear a dev explain if that's a gameplay decision or based on proc load if it had to calculate more 'live' area with enemy AI and stuff.

Teamspeak for the win with Graw!

Am

Hmmm, well, I have only played about a half dozen COOP games on GRAW and hated everyone of them becuase of the poor work Grin did to it. Basically, everything that is good about America's Army needs to be added to GRAW. It's been said a dozen or more times by other folks. I just think Ubi needs to do the work and not slough it off on Grin; stop screwing over your PC players Ubi.

Edited by ZapTheSheep

I only hope that the GRAW team read this...

FOR SURE, you MUST add more players to co-op... 4 is ridiculous! 8 would seem reasonable (as most hubs/switchs and some routers are 8port), and give you 2 teams of 4.

Hand-in-glove with this is the option to scale number of enemies... either by number or percentage. I see no reason why 5-8 human players could not "terrorist hunt" the maps with 40+ tangos.

If your concern is scripting... make a "terrorist hunt" mode seperate from the mission mode with on-ground/foot spawn points. If it's hardware limitations your worried about, remember that BF2 had the same concerns, and have just recently patched to allow co-op (I have actually hosted a play-and-serve server with 20 enemies vs my 4 friends, me and 5 friendly AI... without ANY issues and without having a "top-of-the-line" machine.

I already run GRAW with everything on high (via .xml modification) and it runs like silk... and my cards are only 256MB. Please, give us the option to discover for ourselves that our systems can't deal with the game's features, don't limit us with silly console-like restrictions.

Thanks!

Improved AI for both the Single Player and COOP modes.

Enemy AIs:

* Enemy AI currently have better than 20/20 eyesight.

* Enemy AI vision is not affected by lighting conditions ie. I am in shade under a building they are in bright sunlight and they can still see me at 100 yards

* It would be nice to be able to see the enemy AI actually change stance, currently the seem to stand still for three seconds and then instantly turn on you and fire.

Assuming COOP play includes ability to bring AI ghosts...

* Ghost AI is so bad they're a hazard to themselves and the mission

* Ghost AI ROE cannot be changed - compare to Recon/Assault mode on GR1.

other not so relevant but "nice to haves"

* Ability to "remember" and recall kit selections

Barmy

Edited by BarmyArmy

Improved AI for both the Single Player and COOP modes.

Enemy AIs:

* Enemy AI currently have better than 20/20 eyesight.

* Enemy AI vision is not affected by lighting conditions ie. I am in shade under a building they are in bright sunlight and they can still see me at 100 yards

Barmy

I was told that this wasn't gonna happen cos the AI was beening built from the ground up....

:(

Maybe the patch will fix it. This was something i didnt like from [GR]! At least all the enemies on the map dont walk to the spot you threw a grenade from.

I dont mind the 4 player co-op as much as when the game first came out. It forces teamwork and cuts down the lobby waiting time. One of the niggles with [GR] was that I spent more time waiting to play than actually playing, all because people werent ready and there was no countdown timer activated.

I'm sure the laserbeam tracers and TL dying game over thing is being looked at as we speak.

1) The getting stuck on a black screen and not knowing if the server has crashed or your connection has gone slow is a pain.

2) Mission briefings or at least a tip as to whether you need to lumber the ZEUS around.

3) Shooting down the enemy choppers so easily seems a bit silly

4) Maybe the ECG thing next to your health could actually affect you. It doesn't seem to do much other than change colour when you run for a period of time while carrying a heavy load. (if it actually does affect your accuracy then correct me, please)

I second (or third or fourth) most everything people are saying, but I would like to add...

1. There's probably not much they can do about this without major rewrites, but a more intelligent AI would be nice. On "Ready for bear", toward the end when the two friendly tanks are going head to head with the enemy tanks, my friend (who was commander) was trying to get our tanks to attack theirs. The short of it is that the tanks weren't smart enough to ROTATE into firing position to take out the enemy tanks. They got shot in the rear both times.

2. Bugs with the tactical map. If you're zoomed in on the Scar-L scope and enter map mode, when you come out of it the mouse speed is ridiculously high until you come out of scope view. At least on my system. I also experienced a bug in which I was killed by a tank while I was in map view. When I took over one of the other AI players, the overhead map was overlaying the normal FPS view. I couldn't do anything to get rid of it.

3. Tweaks to the controls. There are odd/annoying points in which the controls don't feel refined enough. For example, the moments when you're zoomed in and you look at, say, a railing that's too close by mistake, your gun drops and you're defenseless. Also, being able to move faster than crawl speed when reloading would be a bonus.

4. Refueling/Resupply drops. Hurt players should be able to at least repair HALF of their damage at a resupply drop. Particularly on longer, more challenging missions.

Otherwise, all other changes that people have mentioned would be great -- no commander-dies-ends-game, adding respawns, map grids, etc. That all NEEDS to be in there.

P

Edited by Him

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I'm constantly having a problem as the server player (hosting MP COOP) not being able to select the AI team members on the load out screen. At least once a day when I host a lot this happens. As such, I can't start the round and have to restart the server.

Edited by Low Profile

1. The ability to hear what the team leader is hearing, especially when your right next to him. The AI will communicate back so it must be 2 way headsets that we have on. Leader will hear "target down" shouldn't all hear it? They tell us to play as a TEAM.

2. The ability to pick team leader.

3. Team leader dies, game over must go.

4. When dead,atleast let us pick a player thats alive and see his view.

5. Skip intro option ( think I read thats coming with patch?)

If I had to pick one thing, it would be #1 on list. All these are probably somewhere in the last 5 pages.

EDIT: 13 june 06 Was playing today in coop. I was pinned down and a teammate took the AI out. I got no report yet the teamleader did. If it wasn't for TS I wouldn't have known it was safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of good points have been raised here so I won't repeat them, but here's another:

The ability to pick up any weapon on the ground (make it a server-option).

The enemy should be able to do the same, then. Or maybe booby trap weapons with a grenade. Maybe i've been watching too maby films :rolleyes: