• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALPHASQUAD COOP IS THE FOSHIZZLE!!

(...)

Right on! :yes::grin1:

*edit:

Ps: How are you dr. Funk? Nice to see you on these forums. Drop by @ PXS anytime, you know the way ;)

Edited by Toniezz

Simdood said:

"I remember that we ran a poll of what type of missions players wanted to see on our server, and if I recall, most preferred the stealth type with a small component of action. And it's interesting, because ultimately THIS was what the Ghosts were all about. They were NOT an overt suppressive force that openly went about their business in an open warfare scenario. THIS is the way they have been portayed in GRAW and almost got portayed in GR2.

The Ghosts were originally there to fulfill a specific role, where others dared not/could not go without compromising themselves and their countries. THAT is why they are called GHOSTS.

I think that the whole aura of who the Ghosts are and what they do has been lost in the effort to make a game a big seller with lots of eye-candy and slick moves, without any consideration to the Ghost legacy, and that is sad.

And that is what we strive to maintain on our server and the missions we run; The legend that is the Ghost."

Right on the money.

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

Simdood said:

"I remember that we ran a poll of what type of missions players wanted to see on our server, and if I recall, most preferred the stealth type with a small component of action. And it's interesting, because ultimately THIS was what the Ghosts were all about. They were NOT an overt suppressive force that openly went about their business in an open warfare scenario. THIS is the way they have been portayed in GRAW and almost got portayed in GR2.

The Ghosts were originally there to fulfill a specific role, where others dared not/could not go without compromising themselves and their countries. THAT is why they are called GHOSTS.

I think that the whole aura of who the Ghosts are and what they do has been lost in the effort to make a game a big seller with lots of eye-candy and slick moves, without any consideration to the Ghost legacy, and that is sad.

And that is what we strive to maintain on our server and the missions we run; The legend that is the Ghost."

Right on the money.

I agree, to some extent. I love the GRAW SP missions, although I do miss the more stealth orientated stuff. Two things should be mentioned: 1) SF operations these days are, apparently, more and more geared towards direct action (not exclusively, off course). So to some extent, GRAW reflects a bit of reality. And (2)... GRAW provides an excellent engine and some good missions... it's up to the talented modders to create fantastic missions that will appeal to the serious GR gamers.

At the end of the day, as long as decent mod tools are available, GRAW will have provided enough action stuff to get good sales, and a good enough engine to provide several years worth of quality missions more suited for the "serious" tactical gamer. Good deal, that.

Note to GRIN,

COOP is not Team Domination.!!!

It seems there is a large part of the Die Hard Ghost Recon Classic fan base being left out in the cold.

In particular those Clans who script missions, script firefights, host dedicated servers, host tournaments etc. Their members are wondering what is happening in the future with GRAW.

This game, and the way it appears to be headed, is not a worthy successor to Ghost Recon Classic for the REAL Ghost Recon fans who arent into Run-N-Gun game play. Have you ever heard, "The way its Meant to be Played". Looking at the current state of GRAW, I think not.

My wish list for the June GRAW patch to support the COOP community.

1. Firefight mode for COOP.

2. Defend mode for COOP.

3. Mission Editing and scripting tools.

4. Dedicated Server files.

5. Expand COOP Team beyond 4 players.

Fixes,

1. Need no prone lean fixed.

2. Need the issue with the prone gun aiming fixed, (remove invisible floor).

Things I do like about the game,

1. Awesome maps. Now give me a reason to explore them and work with my friends as a team, I.E., Firefights & Missions that do not tie you to a small part of the map.

2. Great graphics. The no AA issue doesnt bother me one bit. I play at a high enough resolution that I dont even notice it.

3. Interactive environment, I like it.

As it stands now, the Likes do not offset the games deficincies in regards to why I play Ghost Recon. There is a lot that needs fixing to support the COOP community. I hope GRIN/UBI is up to the task.

Regards,

Sheldon/AlphaSquad

I agree with You for COOP clan players... I hope Grin here our voice!

GRAW can be a great COOP game too if.........

• 2 months later...

I wholeheartedly agree with Sheldon_AS opening statement. Due the lack of genuine CO-OP play half of my unit refuse to even buy GRAW and continue bashing pixies in WoW!

One question. Have either UBI or GRIN commented about putting CO-OP in the game? Most of their replies eeem to address only the PVP side of the game.

Oddly, :g_withgrin:

I wholeheartedly agree with Sheldon_AS opening statement. Due the lack of genuine CO-OP play half of my unit refuse to even buy GRAW and continue bashing pixies in WoW!

One question. Have either UBI or GRIN commented about putting CO-OP in the game? Most of their replies eeem to address only the PVP side of the game.

Oddly, :g_withgrin:

http://www.ghostrecon.com/uk/archives.php

Wednesday 24.05.06

Throughout the summer:

Team Deathmatch, Hamburger Hill modes, Original GR co-op mode, Map editor for TDM, HH, [GR] co-op, GRAW co-op improvement (quick start and respawn) and Dedicated Server pack

so yes ubi has commented on this

think it will be comming aug/sept

think they will :D

have ubi/grin ever said they would not do co-op patch ?

they now did HH and tdm, so next if i follow the info would be [GR] co-op and editor tdm / HH

then the CO-OP patch with graw improvement and editor

finally the dedi server pack

would make sence, they have to test all game modes online, and work on the dedi's that way

when all evaluation on the dedi's are done on the ubi servers they can release them,

that would be my way to do it (from this point on...)

Edited by sui317

I just wanted to thank GRIN for their outstanding efforts in bringing the price of GRAW down!!! You can get a great deal on eBay if you really want the game. Someone I know just got a copy for 12 bucks and that included shipping.

Once again TY GRIN for your work in leaving the true co-op player out of this game. Ok now back to eBay for something worthwhile.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Edited by MS_PFCLancer

The equivelent of $20, but here in the US the game on Amazon.com is still running for $43.98 (unless you don't mind buying it used).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009WH7L...ce&n=468642

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0009RF...es&v=glance

If you search around you're bound to find a great deal on anything. I bought Call of Duty 2 brand new for $25 less than 2 weeks after it's release. Or Rainbow Six Lockdown for $20 the day OF release. I even got Oblivion for $28 about a month after release. All brand new, right of the box from major retailers as well.

Edited by Nutlink

I agree completely with this post (the original post) -

I still haven't bought GRAW yet specifically because of the lack of COOP and SP options -

The "firefight" mode being left out was simply foolishness.

The lack of ability to spawn into friendly AI was another new feature I don't really like (but could learn to deal with.....IF the game was patched to reflect the needs of COOP / SP game modes).

I won't be buying GRAW until this happens -

• 2 weeks later...

Note to GRIN,

COOP is not Team Domination.!!!

It seems there is a large part of the Die Hard Ghost Recon Classic fan base being left out in the cold.

In particular those Clans who script missions, script firefights, host dedicated servers, host tournaments etc. Their members are wondering what is happening in the future with GRAW.

This game, and the way it appears to be headed, is not a worthy successor to Ghost Recon Classic for the REAL Ghost Recon fans who arent into Run-N-Gun game play. Have you ever heard, "The way its Meant to be Played". Looking at the current state of GRAW, I think not.

My wish list for the June GRAW patch to support the COOP community.

1. Firefight mode for COOP.

2. Defend mode for COOP.

3. Mission Editing and scripting tools.

4. Dedicated Server files.

5. Expand COOP Team beyond 4 players.

Fixes,

1. Need no prone lean fixed.

2. Need the issue with the prone gun aiming fixed, (remove invisible floor).

Things I do like about the game,

1. Awesome maps. Now give me a reason to explore them and work with my friends as a team, I.E., Firefights & Missions that do not tie you to a small part of the map.

2. Great graphics. The no AA issue doesnt bother me one bit. I play at a high enough resolution that I dont even notice it.

3. Interactive environment, I like it.

As it stands now, the Likes do not offset the games deficincies in regards to why I play Ghost Recon. There is a lot that needs fixing to support the COOP community. I hope GRIN/UBI is up to the task.

Regards,

Sheldon/AlphaSquad

Definatly preying for some co-op fun.

Tinker

<_<

I figure GRIN has about 12-15 weeks left to get this game right, and then Armed Assault will be released - expected release date around October, November.

If the game is STILL subpar, 99% ppl will switch to ArmA where they will find several thousand players minimum getting everything they want in MP, TDM, and COOP including built-in editor for Mission Scripting.

The clock ticks......

I figure GRIN has about 12-15 weeks left to get this game right, and then Armed Assault will be released - expected release date around October, November.

If the game is STILL subpar, 99% ppl will switch to ArmA where they will find several thousand players minimum getting everything they want in MP, TDM, and COOP including built-in editor for Mission Scripting.

The clock ticks......

Armed ASAULT??????? Keineswegs, Ich nicht..... niemals und a Tage... :stupid:

The clock ticks......

Armed assault clearly is attractive and i think when it will come out that will be the next big "war like" shooter and i guess even with a great support for graw, graw won't last the 5 years like [GR] did because graw really seem to be a tech toy vs armed assault that don't have best graph but clearly seem really fun. Just the idee of 200 player in multi!

make you dream :shifty:

Sheldon_AS

Regards,

Sheldon/AlphaSquad

Good point.

Tinker

Sheldon_AS

Regards,

Sheldon/AlphaSquad

Good point.

Tinker

For me, a die-hard Co-op and SP fan, the next patch is "do or die" for GRAW and GRiN. I'm not much into MP so I'm pretty much been left out of ALL of the patches to-date (except for bug fixes, of course). I might re-install GRAW and patch it up with this new release, but with no new SP stuff, I'm not sure I want to.

The fact that it took this long just to start sorting out MP doesn't give me a lot of hope that Co-op/SP will make it into the next release. I think they'll still be fixing MP bugs.

Anyone want to start a thread for GR4-PC Wishlist? :blink::P

-jk

Callsign 3Point