AA - thoughts

Now i know the devs are sick of hearing about the lack of Anti-Aliasing and the forum mods keep deleting any post regarding anti-aliasing complaints...so i guess this will be censored too.

anyway if there are so many complaints about the lack of AA isnt that telling you something???

before i get started the lighting effects and textures etc are brilliant and full credit to the dev team.

but really the devs who designed this game are not "gamers" or they would have understood in a FPS with long distances especially in the type of enviroments they have created Anti-Aliasing is a must! These urban enviroments show the "jaggies" everywhere you look..

This game was obviously designed for console because the lack of AA looks fine on a TV when you are sitting 3 meters away from it , but for a pc monitor AA is a must have.

i have a 19" lcd and this game really looks terrible, looks as if it was made out of lego..

most gamers have not played a game without Anti-Aliasing for a few years now...

i think an option really needs to be put in place - diffuse lighting + no AA OR normal lighting + AA

this is a fantastic game but the lack of AA makes it look so ugly.

even my old old call of duty looks better cause at least i can force AA onto it through the gfx card...

all i ask for is to give us an option!!

oh and is there any way to minimise or remove the HUGE mp chat window , omg its in a terrible position lol.

Edited by whc.demo

I've been on many forums were this is the subject (regarding to GRAW). This really is a big issue. Most people already got rit of the game, or are not going to buy the full version.

Anyway, this topic is going to be locked. Its pointless discussing this over and over again. This aint going to change anything... :shifty:

Most people already got rit of the game, or are not going to buy the full version.

not buy a game cause it doesnt 've AA?

:rofl:

Not buying because almost the whole technical side of this game is crap... AA is very important in FPS games. And with the lack of good performance its rather frustrating to play this game. As i said before, its really a shame that such a good game as this gets pulled down by technical issue's.

While I feel your pain, as I lack the horsepower to play this game at a high enough res to avoid jaggies, there are two things to be acutely aware of here.

(1) The engine doesn't support AA - it cannot be patched, added, modded in. Ever. GR4 may have it, but it's inclusion in GRAW is a total non-issue. No amount of polls, petitions, or well-reasoned arguments is going to initiate an engine overhaul . . . remember, this is Ubisoft. Customer satisfaction is not their strong point. I'm not even sure it's a point at all, with them.

(2) That being said, this post is just unecessary; this has all been covered before, probably repeatedly in multiple threads, and whilst it is valid and makes perfect sense, given that it won't bring us any closer to AA, does it really need to be posted, again, in a new thread?

I'm not happy about it either, but the horse is dead; show your displeasure by not buying the full game, if you feel it warrants that; posting about it is just giving the mods more work.

Conversely, maybe the mods can just sticking a thread called "No AA sucks" or somesuch as this can all be condensed into a single, ongoing tribal shout of frustration for everyone to rant a bit.

While I feel your pain, as I lack the horsepower to play this game at a high enough res to avoid jaggies, there are two things to be acutely aware of here.

(1) The engine doesn't support AA - it cannot be patched, added, modded in. Ever. GR4 may have it, but it's inclusion in GRAW is a total non-issue. No amount of polls, petitions, or well-reasoned arguments is going to initiate an engine overhaul . . . remember, this is Ubisoft. Customer satisfaction is not their strong point. I'm not even sure it's a point at all, with them.

(2) That being said, this post is just unecessary; this has all been covered before, probably repeatedly in multiple threads, and whilst it is valid and makes perfect sense, given that it won't bring us any closer to AA, does it really need to be posted, again, in a new thread?

I'm not happy about it either, but the horse is dead; show your displeasure by not buying the full game, if you feel it warrants that; posting about it is just giving the mods more work.

Conversely, maybe the mods can just sticking a thread called "No AA sucks" or somesuch as this can all be condensed into a single, ongoing tribal shout of frustration for everyone to rant a bit.

Well said :thumbsup:

The engine doesn't support AA - it cannot be patched, added, modded in. Ever. GR4 may have it, but it's inclusion in GRAW is a total non-issue. No amount of polls, petitions, or well-reasoned arguments is going to initiate an engine overhaul . . .

this post is just unecessary; this has all been covered before, probably repeatedly in multiple threads, and whilst it is valid and makes perfect sense, given that it won't bring us any closer to AA, does it really need to be posted, again, in a new thread?

I'm so glad some people can see that

:lockd: