Ghost Recon.net Forums

Mission #4: Strongpoint (Bunkers)

Hey!

Where do you get the frickin C4? Or hw do you blow those bunker up if you get the C4 automaticaly when getting to rally point?

Tx

The squadleader has C4. So if you are in control of your team you walk up to the yellow/grey mark in the centre of the bunker and press the usebutton.

Then start running out of the bunker to get clear.

Have fun Eddie

Hey!

Where do you get the frickin C4? Or hw do you blow those bunker up if you get the C4 automaticaly when getting to rally point?

Tx

funny, on saturday i ran into the same prob. we were standing in the first bunker and suddenly our squadleader shouted, that we should bail out immediately.... :lol:

he saw "something" laying on the ground and hit the "use"-key as he later explained... :rofl:

Anyone know if you're supposed to equip C4 or if it will be given to you? I didn't equip it, it wasn't offered. I have taken the 1st bunker and no C4... I'm sure C4 was mentioned in the breif.

Anyone know? I don't want to start over or scour the map in search of a C4 pack if it doesn't exist.

You do have it, even though it isn't in the inventory. In each bunker there is a glowing thing on the floor that looks like an explosive, you have to go up to it and the game will tell you to use the action key to place a charge. Then...ummm... RUN! :thumbsup:

You do have it, even though it isn't in the inventory. In each bunker there is a glowing thing on the floor that looks like an explosive, you have to go up to it and the game will tell you to use the action key to place a charge. Then...ummm... RUN! :thumbsup:

Yeah, they could of been a bit clearer in the briefing! Think FAR CRY demo charges for placement, although in this case you don't even KNOW you have them!!

:wacko:

I'm on this mission with one man KIA. He was equipped by default with a ZEUS. How important is it for me to carry a ZEUS now? Asking because it's heavy, it prevents me from taking extra grenades or a GL and it's only good for one shot. See if you can clue me in without great big spoilers please...

I'm on this mission with one man KIA. He was equipped by default with a ZEUS. How important is it for me to carry a ZEUS now? Asking because it's heavy, it prevents me from taking extra grenades or a GL and it's only good for one shot. See if you can clue me in without great big spoilers please...

Leave it and take extra GLs in your 3rd slot - :whistle:

For what's it's worth, I haven't really had to use a ZEUS yet, but I'm only a few missions ahead. I always kit up with SCAR-L, AIMPOINT, SILENCER(debated usefulness) and GL, PISTOL(never used it yet), EXTRA GL 'Nades - I use that for everybody but the sniper, although the AI don't tend to use the GL, so sometimes I just give them extra ammo. Oh, and sometimes I take a SAW gunner - he can be useful:

Nice cover fire!

OH! I think the AI won't take out a vehicle UNLESS they have a ZEUS, so no point loading them up with GLs, cause they don't use them that I've seen. You have to tell the AI to 'ATTACK' a specific target to get them to attack and they won't if they don't have the 'right' weapon. LAME!

Edited by BetaMO

Hi,

Anyone help me out here or have I missed something?

Mission 4, (Strong Point) and I get to the first waypoint (Rally Point) hit resupply but there's no C4 in the list!! :angry: Can't complete mission without C4 to destroy the bunkers :whistle:

Anyone?

[Merged into existing thread - Please check before posting]

Edited by Pave Low

Ok Ok id admit it im not the best player in the world but im far from a crap one either. Iv been trying to get through strong point level and it seems im in the dark so me and my men should not get seen as I cant seen nothink hardly. Iv put the night vision on but then its too bright so im constantly stwitching it. My men dont seem to have any brains and run into heavy fire so im by my self. I get to a bunker and though a grenade though the hole im being shot at and makes no difference im soon shot and killed after that. Iv tryed all sorts or routes and still my men gets killed and me 5 min later. :o=

Edited by daztrek

Can't reply at length right now -- maybe later -- but here are a couple of hints: You take out the bunkers by fighting your way inside and blowing them up with C4, not be tossing frags through the slits. You do not have to equip C4 from the weapons menu, as you'll find it on-site. Stay to the left wass of the map and thread through the shanty town only when you have to on your way to the far bunker first (at least that's what worked for me). You can avoid an enemy APC and its team on the r/h side of the map if you do this. Watch for snipers and go very, very slowly, covering all possible exposure to MGs in the bunkers. With good cover, good aim and a lot of patience, these threats can be taken out with either the sniper rifle or an assault rifle. I took the big Scar-L on this mission; it's good for long range and packs a helluva punch. Once it puts 'em down they stay down. If I were a rebel it run from the sound this makes.

Patience is everything here, move slowly and deliberately, take your time, never run into open areas and always put your team's back to a granite wall if there is one available.

Edited by Bahger

I did. i left my team at the spot where you resupply and took out the bunkers with the sniperrifle and them got them to help me with the powerstation. then onto the barricade then finally to the artillery

after the equip, i head to the little tower and snipe 2 gunners in the far bunker.

i then head to the left side of the map and continue up that side. there is a break in the ridge and i snipe the third gunner from there plus another down in the valley.

continue down the left side of the map and when you get to the end of the ridge on your right you can peak the last gunner.

move into the bunker and kill the last guy inside. you can snipe the gunners in the other bunker from there. blow it and move towards the other bunker.

snipe the gunner behind the sandbags on the left at the top of the hill and the other patrolling the entrance to the bunker. move inside and blow it.

that's how i did it anyways. i had my team with me the entire way to cover me. they did an excellent job.

too bad i lsot this save point after patching :(

I tried once to take the first bunker frontal down...the stationary guns tore my team apart. So I tried it through the barracks left-around and got a perfect angle to take all the gunners in the bunker out. Once this bunker is out, I managed to take down the second one with the first try. No biggy. The end of the last mission really pushed my buttons though. <_<

I read earlier that someone thought this mission was linear... how odd then to see all the different ways on dealing with the enemy bunkers :)

I used the sniper rifle, with M8 as backup, and mostly focused on sniping as many of the guys in the bunkers as possible... and using my teammates to cover me and take out any patrolling dudes. I then moved backwards towards the initial supply point. I used the sniper rifle to provide overwatch onto bunker 2 while my men snuck along the edge of the shanty town and cleared the way for me to enter bunker 1. This allowed me, twice, to shoot a MG guy who opened fire on my team. From there, straight through the shanty town to sneak in the back entrance of bunker 2. I have done this 3 different ways, so far... but this is the method that worked most often.

The key is to take it really slowly, use your men for 360 security and NEVER take any chances. This mission really gets interesting AFTER you've destroyed the bunkers :)

Thats cool guys thanks. Good to see different ways work. My mistake was not sellecting a different gun.

Cross the road by the APC's (at the beginning where you resupply) and go straight east till you hit the rock wall and go south, alot less enemy to confront and swing down southeast and teake out the bunker troops with the sniperrifle. I recommend carrying an M8 compact to give you some sort of assaultrifle capability. there are 4 stages to strongpoint, the bunkers, electric plant, roadblock and then taking out the artillery.

Edited by Papa6

Took me awhile to do this one, cause I tried to fight the bunkers head on but that didnt seem to wrok at all. Then I found out to go around them. Heres a hint for ya. Take out the bunker across the street by running around it. Then once you clear that out stand in the bunker faceing the second one use your nade launcher put the window of the launcher alittle (maybe a line or 2) under the 20 mark and fire away! w00p all the guys in that second bunker done in one nade. Dont worry if you miss they wont fire back. fun eh. Then just sneak though the villege and slowly move your team with you but you kill the guys cause they will just stand there to get killed. But if you do that, you should be good to go.

I havent used the Sniperrifle yet. I have been running through the game with the Scar-L, combat sight, nadelauncher and silencer with the m8 compact as the secondary gun. It seems to work good.

Edited by Evilducky

I've fought my way inside the first bunker :o= but I dont have any C4 :wacko: There wasnt any at the resupply APC and none appeared in my menu. What did I miss?? Was funny reading how people sniped from long range. I just walked in and shot the guys using scar l, sd of course :ph34r: Normally i get mowed down but this time I edge in 3-4metre overlaps.

I've alt-tabbed out and am trying to find out how to get the C4 :-/

Just go to the marked position inside the bunker and press the interact/use-button to plant it. You already have it on you, no need to pick it up somewhere manually. Just hurry, after you planted, you only have 13 seconds. Leave the team outside. Just of course you want to bury them. :icon_redface:

Edited by rookie