Taking a Hit - Lack of Immediate & Noticable Effect/Punishment

Des, Perhaps can you somehow supply a brief soundclip how the hit sound should sound? (so we know what to listen for and if our sounds work alright or not)

PS Just some nostalgia, does anyone in the GR.net community recognize these:

http://www.attackforcez.com/index.php?name...opic&p=9721

By today's standards , compared to Graw's sound effects those noises sound pretty darn ghey. LOL ...pr0n sounds written all over them.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Des, Perhaps can you somehow supply a brief soundclip how the hit sound should sound? (so we know what to listen for and if our sounds work alright or not)

PS Just some nostalgia, does anyone in the GR.net community recognize these:

http://www.attackforcez.com/index.php?name...opic&p=9721

By today's standards , compared to Graw's sound effects those noises sound pretty darn ghey. LOL ...pr0n sounds written all over them.

:rofl: Out of contex they do sound pretty bad, they themself sound like a "Lack of Immediate & Noticable Effect/Punishment"

Just came back playing in a co-op mode. I notice that the tangos still alive after being shot 3-5 rounds, it take about 7-10 bullets to kill the damn critter... is this normal??

other than that good job grin, connecting into MP is no longer a pain in the ass... :g_withgrin:

I hope GRiN does not listen to people suggesting that you fall when shot, or you vision goes crazy like GR1. In this game, having your vision go crazy or falling down simply means your dead already.

Don't know about anyone else here, but I fully support that if your shot, you should be dead already!

:thumbsup:

...even if you're just hit in the arm?

About the hit sound, we're (once again) working on it. We though we had it fixed (it sounds great on my computer, and for the programmer who worked with me to solve it) but it seems it somehow didn't make it into the patch. We're at it, though.

About the hit sound, we're (once again) working on it. We though we had it fixed (it sounds great on my computer, and for the programmer who worked with me to solve it) but it seems it somehow didn't make it into the patch. We're at it, though.

I havent noticed the improvement either, so this is good news. :thumbsup:

I always though about this "one bullet one kill thing" in [GR] that way:

When soldier is hit and bullet goest through his body it is very possible that he is not going to be capable to fight anymore because of the shock, pain and instant morale loss, he dont have to be killed to consider him not beeing threat anymore. In [GR] there were 2 posibilites after hit - Dead or Wounded. In most of cases one bullet will send you down in [GR] but when i saw soldier beeing cut down with single leg hit with a rifle i always though about him like laying on the ground, clutching his wounded leg in shock and screaming " OMG ! OMG ! I'm HIT ! I cant believe it !! Help !!". the game just coudnt show us that because it is to hard to implement.

Thats why i love one bullet one kill feature from [GR] and i hate that you have to hit enemy several times in GRAw to send him down. I have to admit i see progres after 1.16 patch but still it isnt good enough in my opinion.

Also i miss the wounded effects from [GR], the ret spread, limp, heavy breath and most important the sound and spin effect when bullet hits you !! I even thought few times that im dead when i was only wounded, the sound and shake/spin effect was so convincing !

Edited by Joseph_Q

I even thought few times that im dead when i was only wounded, the sound and shake/spin effect was so convincing !

Lol , I can't count the times I've done that. Then after a second or so you think "Damn, I can move" and scramble desperately for cover ;)

Sure one bullet one kill could be quite good if shoot from a close distance. I mean, the kevlar should be able to stop some bullets from a far distance, right?

Kevlar may stop a bullet from going through someone, but I'm guessing they will be acutely aware of the contact, to the point where nobody's going to be able to pivot and bring their weapon up to bear immediately after taking a hit. As it stands, that's almost exactly how things often play out now. Kevlar or not, when someone shoots a burst into your back and you can turn around and shoot them back . . . meh.

At range, if you take a non-lethal shot, you shouldn't be able to return fire immediately after; however, you can duck behind cover, recover, etc. At close range, the suggestions in this post mean you'd be a sitting duck to be finished off . . . which makes perfect sense, to me. Having these head-to-head, "who can get more bullets into the other guy first" confrontations just doesn't cut it, for me.

Sure one bullet one kill could be quite good if shoot from a close distance. I mean, the kevlar should be able to stop some bullets from a far distance, right?

Kevlar may stop a bullet from going through someone, but I'm guessing they will be acutely aware of the contact, to the point where nobody's going to be able to pivot and bring their weapon up to bear immediately after taking a hit. As it stands, that's almost exactly how things often play out now. Kevlar or not, when someone shoots a burst into your back and you can turn around and shoot them back . . . meh.

At range, if you take a non-lethal shot, you shouldn't be able to return fire immediately after; however, you can duck behind cover, recover, etc. At close range, the suggestions in this post mean you'd be a sitting duck to be finished off . . . which makes perfect sense, to me. Having these head-to-head, "who can get more bullets into the other guy first" confrontations just doesn't cut it, for me.

Ok, so GRIN should keep the current 'effect' when taking shoots from a far distance but add more punishment when taking shoots from a closer distance? That's what I would like anyway :grin3:

even if you're just hit in the arm?

Thank you GRiN_desmond22 for looking into this and your honest reply. (Once again showing the true integrity and support Grin has brought to the community) We will be looking forward to this in a future patch. Just tell us in the patch info when it's released.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

I even thought few times that im dead when i was only wounded, the sound and shake/spin effect was so convincing !

Lol , I can't count the times I've done that. Then after a second or so you think "Damn, I can move" and scramble desperately for cover ;)

lol imusally but like that but unfortently fgor me 90% of the time i cant hide in time lol. but with the new tdmmaps that are out man i have lost count on the amount of times ive jumped cuase i cant see them and im getting shot!

well said!!

I hope GRiN does not listen to people suggesting that you fall when shot, or you vision goes crazy like GR1. In this game, having your vision go crazy or falling down simply means your dead already.

Thats why we suggest it! Its not Counter Strike ... its Ghost Recon!

Ty for listening to the community Des! :grin1: AW Domination is becoming very addictive, and will get even better with time, that I'm sure of...

Cheers Peace

Ty for listening to the community Des! :grin1: AW Domination is becoming very addictive, and will get even better with time, that I'm sure of...

Cheers Peace

...only if we get more domination maps. better yet, let us use any map for any gametype, including the SP maps. shouldn't be too hard given the maps are already built. just spread the spawn points around...

Cheers Peace

...only if we get more domination maps. better yet, let us use any map for any gametype, including the SP maps. shouldn't be too hard given the maps are already built. just spread the spawn points around...

Yeah, I would like to play DOM in 'Bulldog' or 'NORAD on the line'. Big open areas etc. :snipe:

Anyway, back on topic: More punishment! :)

Now that i put some deep thought into it.

The effect of being knocked down by a shot or burst and still be alive is some what a good idea, but it depends.

I see so many senerioes where I see a guy point blank and shoot him? he falls down (still alive) and he can't shoot...thats a good 3 seconds of me just looking at a guy on the floor. It eliminates the players chance to even fight back. (their are alot of CLOSE encounters over Long Range encounters in GRAW on majority of the maps, in my experience)

But it would be awsome in maps like church where, for instance, I'm in the church tower and I ge shot in the shoulder and go down, cool. The wall in protecting me(cover) and I re asses the situation even.

But with the nade launcher! lol, yeah, one shot to putem down~switch to nade launcher and finish him off. That how the game even plays out now.

I here bullets duck for cover. The bullets stops~ you know its coming BAM nade launcher =).

I dunno, I have mix feelings about it, but right now I say nay to falling down after being shot.

Also, camera going crazy after being shot~ I don't think it is good. I think you should lose your aim a great deal, but not make the camera go crazy. Perhaps blur it from pain, I dunno.

Yes, even if yoour just hit in the arm. You should be shocked/impared enough that the follow up bullet is an easy kill.

Even if modern day day armor gets to the point that you can shrug off a chest shot with little ill effects, its still a bad gameplay descision in my book. The point is to reward thoose with superior tactics and get the drop on there oponent, not who can twitch the fastest. :grin1: