The 4 slot Co-op limit needs sorting

@ Born, Listen man we have a misunderstanding. What you are talking about is NOT the widely accepted description of Co-op

Co-op - A Team of Human players fighting against Computer controlled AI in Mission/Firefight/Defend games.

What you appear to be describing is PvP or TvT and as such there are a whole different set of Bandwidth and Resource issues.

Well GRIN has hinted we can extend the original number of 4 in coop...but I doubt it can be done in the singleplayer maps.

The reason being use of helicopter & APC to missions. Or the mission briefing/transportation could be removed & everyone just spawns on a location. But I know if you managed to open the bundle file in GRAW you can change default numbers in coop, but I dunno if it works..

With the upcoming map editor I think we're supposed to make our own coop missions with un-limited numbers of players...

Thats my take on this coop-stuff -_-

4 is fine any more and it aint GR.. go play BF2

with 4 u keep in control else everyone humps off like a load of sheep.

Come again? GR was never 4, how do you figure it is not GR with more than 4, we've been playing with 9 for 5 years!

If your squad can't control more than 4 guys, you need a new leader.

:huh:

Right on Rocky, Right on! :o=
(...)The point i was making from the start was, this limit was set by GRIN for reasons they felt that would suit most servers running the engine they know better than anyone.(...)

(...)So what i'm saying is give it a chance, chill, let GRIN or the modders sort it..... as i'm sure they will in due course.(...)

About the first point, I remember myself hosting some games on GS4 (UBI). @ that time I didn't had my 20 Mbit connection (1 Mbit down though :wall: (DSL)) so sometimes my server would crash because of too many players, GL spamming etc., etc. So after a few games I figured out 12 players was my server maximum for TvT (and asking everybody to not GL spam during the game) and 7 for solid and good co-op. TMHO, this is the way GRIN/UBI should have done it with GRAW also. Just give us those bandwith, player numbers, server options etc.etc. @ the start a lot of games will crash apparently, but in time we will sort it out. People who have good connections and computers can host a lot of players and people who don't, will stick to that 'safe' 4 player-coop.

And I absolutely agree with you BornToKill: "give it a chance, chill, let GRIN or the modders sort it..... as i'm sure they will in due course".

Oh and finally, I also think that the mp part of GRAW was something that GRIN had to hurry. The 4 player co-op was a guidline Ubisoft set out (con't find the source now), for all platforms. I think GRiN tried to make this multiplayer part of GRAW as good as they could in the time they had left. So in that case :g_withgrin: and just await the June patch to fullfill most of their promisses.

Go GRIN!!! :g_guns:

The thing that concerns me with modding in more co-opers is where the hell do they go when you start the mission in the heli?

One more Heli? :P

I altered the AI-backup in the server-xml from 3 AI to 7 AI. The 7 AI change made it to the ingame server setup but not into the game when launching :(

Would be really nice with 8 player coop devided in two teams with two squad leaders

Edited by Enos Pork

First....

IF you spoke to me like that in real life DAI i'd knock ya freekin head off.

That is completely uncalled for, BTK. Physical threats in response to a verbal insult is commonly a strong indication of a diminished capacity. However, as you have been able to explain yourself in a somewhat articulate way in following post, I will chalk it up to having a bad day. Please, remember that comments like quoted above are best left on Jerry Springer.

2nd....

GRAW is a beautiful game and I really enjoy it. It the fact that I have trouble sharing this experience with my fellow gamers or,at the very best, have it greatly limited is disappointing. IMHO, COOP and modding were and will always be the backbone of GR. SP only, I will hazard to guess, has a limited following as best. So far, GRAW has fallen short of our hopes in that area. I am holding out for the patch for now. :thumbsup:

What happened to the slightly hush hush XML tweak = coop slot expansion that was mentioned by Bo & also on one of the videos?

Anyone ever find it in full release yet?

Or im guessing thats to come with the patch addon thing.

I think alot of people have the wrong idea about that. As I understand it, you can't just edit the XML and suddenly have 8 players. You would need to allow more players so you can then make a custom mission with that many slots.

As someone pointed out in another thread, there's no room for any more guys in the chopper anyway.

I think alot of people have the wrong idea about that. As I understand it, you can't just edit the XML and suddenly have 8 players. You would need to allow more players so you can then make a custom mission with that many slots.

As someone pointed out in another thread, there's no room for any more guys in the chopper anyway.

This is a good point. Even after the modding tool allows the CO-OP to be increased to a desired workable amount, it won't really change things for the current SP campaign missions (used for CO-OP). I would think that you could change the missions with the modding tool, but you would be altering the stock missions' scripts (may not be worth the effort). Plus, all of the vehicles and helicopters are all good for maybe 8 Ghosts (count the seats next time). Not to mention that the modding tool would have to allow the ability to add insertion zones and so on.

The golden thing about increasing the CO-OP number is that it will mean that modders can create new custom missions which are scripted to handle more than 4 or 8 Ghosts. Only fully modded custom missions will allow for the possibility of inserting 16+ Ghosts. To do this, we would need to always HALO insert or have Chinok helipcopters (and other custom modeled vehicles/aircraft...Chems.... :rolleyes: )

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

There may be more seats in the vehicles, but that doesn't mean that those cargo positions have been enabled for extra characters. Maybe they have, but if not, that is just something else the modders will have to find and fix.

Personally, and again this is for Co-op play I would rather just insert on the ground and ready to go.

Helo etc inserts are fine (once) but having to do them again, and again, and again with no option to skip em I can (and would rather) live without.

Personally, and again this is for Co-op play I would rather just insert on the ground and ready to go.

Helo etc inserts are fine (once) but having to do them again, and again, and again with no option to skip em I can (and would rather) live without.

Well, depending on the mission they may still be good to have as insert tools, but you do have point.

GRIN this is yet another reason why it is important that we get a real modding tool. Then we can customize our missions to start on the ground (ready to fight) or in the air (HALO or chopper). I'm sure you guys know this already though.

silent_op

if u play it as intended the commander controls the other... how on hell could he control 20 loose cannons

evedentually u never played GR1

Dogs

hey, no one told me the circus had left without one of its clowns :stupid:

oh, and if you would like to share any more of your expert comments about team command, please feel free to send them my way :thumbsup:

if u play it as intended the commander controls the other... how on hell could he control 20 loose cannons

evedentually u never played GR1

Dogs

"Evidently" you never played GR1. There were Alpha, Bravo and Charlie teams and no 4 player limit. I've had plenty of good games with 6 and 8 players split into fireteams.

If you want to limit your games to 4 people, go ahead. Don't tell us how to run our games.

Edited by Psycho Dad

What happened to the slightly hush hush XML tweak = coop slot expansion that was mentioned by Bo & also on one of the videos?

Yeah Bo, what about it?

Eh rugbutt, dont use my comments to load as Bo ammo! :g_guns: It will only end in a mass of PM ramblings.... :P

As thats not how it was meant. It was meant as a general question. As I said im guessing that will come if not now with the update(s).