Ghost Recon.net Forums

Two gameplay alteration (or addition) suggestions: increased lethality, all around (1-2 shots to kill) and a more tangible effect when hit by a non-lethal shot. I almost never used the full automatic mode on any weapon in GR1, but it seems like the (lack of) above factors, which were present in GR1, make this a fairly untenable approach in GRAW.

I use single shot a lot in MP and I've killed a lot of guys with one quick shot mid body or to the head from a distance so I think the lethality of one shot is in game, but its the sprinting and sliding with lag that might be causing some kills to take more than one hit.

For me it is always the close encounters where I have to unload a *full clip* to get a kill, yet I'll easily pick someone off from the distance with one single shot....so maybe a re-evaluation of the damage model or lag?

On another note some more MP wishes (hopefully not already discussed about on the previous 9 pages and if they are SO WHAT this gets a free bump).

- server option to turn on/off tracer or *bullet air effect* or tone it down. right now it looks like everyones shooting lazers.

- server option to turn on/off enemy/friendly diamond/icon names

- server option to to turn on/off kill messages via chat text.

- server option to turn on/off scoreboard (if added) during round. This way you can toggle on/off whether someone can see how many are remaining or not until match or round is

over.

- server option to toggle use of nightvision on/off. Always fun to play a dark map with no nightvision even though people might turn up gama..

- server option for random insertion points for ALL gametypes if possible (this is really important else each map just becomes the same repetitive rush to choke point X and throw grenades ect each round.

- add a key via keymapper that will highlight a players diamond and icon on map. This could be used in conjuction with teamspeak/ventrillo ect where players assign the same key as their voice control and when its pressed that icon will light up on screen to show other players. Give players option to turn on/off in case they don't want to see other players *toggling chat icon* when they are not using voice coms.

- server option on/off for drone support with overhead map that can be shot down ect. How about cross com (video) for MP? this possible?

- server option on/off to pickup and use dropped weapons.

- server options on/off to allow players to watch rest of round when dead via deathcam whether its free floating or 3rd or 1rst person team/enemy ect..

- if weapon selection is added before joining/playing a game please add a way on specific gametypes such as siege to tell if your defending or attacking first before attempting to guess what weapon you want.

- more team options like GR1. Would like option to have at least 4 teams of 8 players which can be combined or split up so 8v8v8v8 is possible or 16v16 or 8v24 or whatever.

- add a way to change game name instead of just using gamespy username only if ban by CD is possible.

lastly..not MP only but...

- trackir support (lean, up, down, look left and right ect). might as well get ahead of the curve guys.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll respond/expand on a few of these, because I like where HighGround is headed. Of particular importance is the coop respawn issue...

1. Get rid of the chat window, it clutters the screen. Chat should be like in [GR], no windows.

2. Make the peak an optional toggle just like the scope toggle is optional.

4. Fix the gamespy create account bugs, you have to hit enter after typing or it won't recognize that you entered any text.

5. Add forested/rural maps and team LMS.

8. Allow for multiple respawns in COOP

1. CHAT: Totally agree. Chat window has to go, particularly for those of us who can't play on anything larger than 800x600.

2. TOGGLES: Agree. And actually, optional toggles on movements like crouch would be nice too for those of us who would prefer it.

4. GAMESPY ACCOUNT BUGS: This should be something that they'll fix without us asking. It's definitely an oversight. It also happens in the server set-up window. Annoying to say the least.

5. MAP TYPES: I agree. We need more variety, although I can see why they didn't include them in the first round. It's meant to be an overall campaign. They're probably banking on releasing add-on packs, ala Island Thunder, etc. But more variety would be great.

8. COOP RESPAWNS: This is CRUCIAL, and deserves much more discussion/attention. The current set up is simply NOT fun and doesn't promote smooth campaign play (from map to map). The probability that you'll have to play through the same scenarios over and over again until you get it right is just WAY too high. It results in way way too much monotony and predictability. And the fact that the game ENDS if your leader is killed is ridiculous -- not realistic at all!! In battle, if a team leader dies, would the mission just end? I seriously doubt it. The other soldiers would continue on, with the next-ranking individual acting as squad leader. Here's how I think it SHOULD be set up:

First if the team leader dies, one of the other human players immediately takes his place. I don't see a reason why this couldn't happen.

Second, I think each coop map should have a set number of "reinforcement drop points". If one of the human players is killed, there would be opportunity for a respawn only if the other players reached the next drop point, at which the respawning player would parachute in. Maybe there are only one or two of these per map, depending upon size.

Third, at death, killed players should be able to choose either a) take over an AI player of their choice so they can get right back in the game, or b) wait until the next drop point and come in as a new player with the kit of their choice (they could go to the weapon selection screen while they're waiting for the other players to reach the drop point). In the case of "option a", where the player takes over one of the AIs, a new AI player would come in at the drop point.

I think those fixes would help coop immensely!

Other than that I'm loving this game...

It goes without saying,

Thanks for this unexpected announcement on an intermediate patch pre June 06

:thumbsup::thumbsup: I never doubt'd, TEAM GRIN'S COMITMENT.

a new key "u" to toggle chat on and off in multiplayer.

This means i can't see the killconfirmation messages anymore?

Why not put it topleft and make that chatwindow transparant? Or atleast give us a option for that. The 'chatwindow' shouldn't be so visible, but the info from that window is still well... needed/important in matches for example.

There should be a way to communicate with your opponent, and not by having your view blocked in the top of your screen like it is now. Also, it's nice to see who you killed; for example someone from Clan X shoots someone down from Clan Y and managed to flank behind Clan Y. It's nice to know if you kill someone behind your lines (as Clan Y) that you know it's the guy that flanked you earlier and not Another player from that team.

Think about the kill messages thingy please :)

GR1 = http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9171/screenshot03nl.jpg

Reposted into this thread from

"Some notes about the upcoming patch, It's not June yet.."

As I know this is a MP wish in light of the pre June patch announcement

Very good point, GRIN may include a vocal confirmation in Multiplayer for when you kill an enemy with "KILL CONFIRMED" or "TANGO DOWN" this would mean, you could still have your TEXT CHAT BOX OFF but actually hear when you kill a member of the opposite team....... When other members of your same MP TEAM kill's a person from the other team, this would result in no vocal announcement or a different announcement from the one when you kill. This way, you could have your cake and eat it.

It is possible they are working on a slight change to the confirmation of kills, but don't quote me on it... :) [but the sound samples are already ingame & only a trigger is missing].

best regards viiiper

the MP feels like a demo to me. GR1 has some many maps that varied from eachother, while this is just parts of ...mexico. It would have been nice to have some GR1 maps remade for GRAW, hint hint!!!!

I see little love put into the gametypes and maps.

....later this day...

Ok so I was just playing some multiplayer and found that’s it’s a frag-fest, just about 3 in 5 kills was due to a frag. This is because of the "buy anything anywhere you want" option; it’s cool to have it but annoying that you can buy it from any location.

Having to gain this honor skill thing is just like BF2 or CSS, I hate having to work towards getting a weapon, and I just want to pick my fav weapon and go. Also after you die you have too rebuilt your kit, which just takes away from the "funness"

Walking is a bit too slow, zoomed in while walking is good, running speed is good, but just walking seems too slow...like crawl.

So to recap...

1. Change the way you buy weapons in game

2. Get rid of the buying weapons and go back to the old ghost recon style of kit building.

3. The speed of normal walking is too slow; just make it a bit faster.

Also, don’t tap "I" more then once, it will crash the game.

Edited by Razors-3Dge

It's after patch v1.1 and just relized a new wish, that I had not noticed in the above list

from other members.

When in game: and When dead or at lobby:

NEW WISH

GAME TIMER DISPLAY, if the game has a timer set, I would like to see the time remaining on the current round in my HUD or as an option to client [in options]. At the moment I'm playing in Domination and have no idea if the time is going to run out !!!

Also when I get killed in Domination; I am in the stat/ lobby and there is no timer there, so I have no Idea how much time I have to wait till a timed end of the round.

This also applies to ALL MP types...LMS Team v Team etc.... that runs against a clock/ timer.

I think you know where I'm coming from......

p.s.

If the timer is visable in the HUD, someone PM me !!!!

Hey guys, as some of you will know I was compiling all the posts in the "MP Wishlist" thread into a single, easy to read document.

Well, here it is: http://wartools.tagaming.com/GhostReconAdv...ighterTvTMP.doc

Hi Warlord; very sweet to c a dedicated member GRAW with a job offering help in summarizing wishlists - had i seen this earlier i would have done the same. However

I think u forgot to mention to get rid off or at least change:

- chat window

- shot who notification

Yes some of the things I left out on purpose (to name 1: IP banning, completely useless as there are proxy servers allowing you to change your IP) or that were wished for (to keep the spirit of this thread) after I made the document. And finally yeah I forgot a few, but it is a lot to go through and a mistake is easily made.

Yes some of the things I left out on purpose (to name 1: IP banning, completely useless as there are proxy servers allowing you to change your IP) or that were wished for (to keep the spirit of this thread) after I made the document. And finally yeah I forgot a few, but it is a lot to go through and a mistake is easily made.

Good to see, GRIN STILL VISIT this never ending WISH LIST ;)

I for one keep having ideas but if only 50% were to happen I'd be very pleased...

:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dr in the House !!

p.s.

If the timer is visable in the HUD, someone PM me !!!!

Bottomright of Minimap

Ok your right, on the mini map there is a timer !!! [me runs around with no mini map ]!!!

but I will switch it back on !!!! [ i liked the extra screen space]

But there is no timer after your dead & waiting in lobby ?

Thx Ben 100%

Well I bought the game last week and have been playing quite a bit. Fortunately I didn't have to deal with the earliest issues since I bought just in time to install the 1.10 patch. I am VERY impressed with the graphics/physics... VERY NICE!

I really enjoy the game but here are a couple suggestions that will make MP a little more enjoyable.

MP Game Changes:

1) Inventory/Equipment Selection: I do not enjoy having to go into inventory everytime I respawn and reselecting the weapons/accesories that I regularly choose. I would suggest a check box that allows the player to check if they want. The checkbox would be checked if the player wants to keep the same weapon/accessories all the time (providing they have enough points to 'buy' it).

2) Spawn on Squad Leader: Yet another checkbox to respawn on the squad leader automatically if the player has enough points.

3) We can see the trail of regular bullets fired (tracer round for every shot) but not that of grenade launchers? not realistic, nor fair.

Server Settings:

4) weapon cost/starting points: Server admin/settings to allow all players to start with a higher amount of points or allow all weapons to 'cost' zero points. (I don't know what is a feature and what is not at this point because I don't admin any servers, but I have not seen any servers the had anything but default for these two items.)

5) More weapons please.

I'm sure you have already covered most of these (or plan on it for the june patch) but I wanted to mention them anyway.

Thanks for your time and effort with this!

Edited by Prolific

Server Settings:

4) weapon cost/starting points: Server admin/settings to allow all players to start with a higher amount of points or allow all weapons to 'cost' zero points. (I don't know what is a feature and what is not at this point because I don't admin any servers, but I have not seen any servers the had anything but default for these two items.)

There is no admin control over server at all atm ROFL !! You cant even kick obvious cheater :rofl:

My suggestions ( MP only ;) ):

1. Dedi File !

2. Anticheat !

3. Admin control !

4. MP mods from GR1 (siege, hh, defend etc)

5. More maps ( some rural maps please).

6. More weapons.

7. GR1 legendary maps adaptation for GRAW ( tank, aurora, mbc, castle ...)

Keep up the good work GRIN ! The game is great and has potential , just polish it up and add some missing features Guys ! :grin1:

Well if we are going to have Team Survival, its very important that we come out with new maps. The current maps are way too big. Unless your going to use a randomize grid system and cut away a portion of these huge maps. Other than that you will have to make new maps. A good example that you can take from another Tom Clancy game is Raven-Shield. That game has some great maps. Also I am used to going inside buildings and opening doors. Why doesn't GRAW have that same ability. Not enough moving parts in these maps. I also would like to be able to select my weapons using the number keys instead of how it is now.

BuFFaLo-SouLjaH

For MP COOP I'd like to see a couple new things after a client player dies.

1) An alternate view of each player without the shaking camera deal. I get sick to my stomach after a few minutes of that. I'd also like the ability to zoom in and out and use nightvision as we had with GR1. The XBOX 360 version of GRAW already offers this functionality.

<Edit>There is one night mission I was playing COOP on the other night in GRAW. The name of the mission escapes me right now. Anyway, I died not too far in to it. I would have liked to watch the rest of the mission play out, but because I could not enable night vision I couldn't see anything. There was no point to even staying on the server due to this so I left. Anyway, this is just a prime example of why GRAW needs nightvision ability from the cams after one dies.</Edit>

2) Access to the tactical map. How awesome would that be! To be able to access and watch the rest of the mission play out via the Tactical map. :-)

<Edit>With access to the tactical map any players no longer in the mission could run recon for the team and help guide them through the rest of the mission. This would certainly improve the game experience allowing the commander to take a more active role while giving players that are already dead something to do. Many people don't stick out on a given server after they die. If they had access to more than just the fullscreen crosscom they would stick around most likely. I know I would.</Edit>

Edited by Low Profile

Would like to see an accuracy penalty for those that slide and shoot all the time, or even not being able to shoot at all while doing this move. Would also like to see a command map grid overlay, much easier to warn teamates of someones position than saying " The second hut by the trailer" :g_withgrin:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=36041

Edited by }PW{ Payback
Would like to see an accuracy penalty for those that slide and shoot all the time, or even not being able to shoot at all while doing this move. Would also like to see a command map grid overlay, much easier to warn teamates of someones position than saying " The second hut by the trailer"

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=36041

Penalty for being hit should take care of that. If you get the shot off 1st they should have an issue hitting you. Susposed to be in this patch so we'll see.

Time Remaining in game:

Once your dead, the only way to tell how much time is left is check with a teammate on comms.

Time Remaining in game on the Server screen would be nice too.

Ty for bringing this up, i was goingt to mention it but forgot. Would be a very nice and probably easy feature to implement.

crosshair/ Reticule COLOUR

GRIN please make crosshair/ Reticule colour user adjustable R,G,B, some suffer eye strain trying to track the bluey grey.

It has to be R,G,B slider select so everyone can have the best for their eyes, some people have problems with say, red and need a white or yellow crosshair etc.. I know you understand

best regards

viii

I'd like to see a full "Observation" mode (after one dies) implemented with this game, both for COOP and ADVERSARIAL game types. Having the fullscreen crosscom is not enough in COOP (See my post here.) and there is currently no way to observe a given game after you die (and can't respawn anymore) playing "Domination". My best suggestion for the game devs is to follow the GR1 model on this. The XBOX 360 version of GRAW follows this model and it's excellent!

Things i would like to see in next update/patch:

1. Server side mod settings to stop people coming into games with scope mods, skin mods, and such, if the mods aint set server side a player cant use them, this will stop those that create a cheat i.e: client side better scopes, pink camo suits on players, Scar-H using .50 rounds, No recoil Mods etc and call it a mod.

2. Ability to run a dedicated server witout the need to have a graphics card installed.

3. Ability to password one side/team for training or match play so that all of one squad can get on same team.

4. Removal of the "have to buy ya guns" rubbish, i mean what army would send its soldiers to battle and say, "Hey guys ya got to buy ya guns one there".

5. Ability to ban players who are abusive in servers, the ability to kick players to make room for squad mates.

6. More guns instead of the pathetic selection we have now.

7. Player classess as in the X-Box 360 version.

8. More maps with varing terrains and a map editor.

9. More game modes for multiplayer such as Ctf, Tdm, Hamburger Hill mode, Last ManStanding mode etc. I know some of these are due over the summer but they should have been in game when released.

10. Anticheat software such as Punkbuster added to the game.

Is there a closing date on this thread? or is it open ended?

I ask because we seem to go on adding but there is no confirmation if it's in any pipe.

The final list was drawn up weeks ago, will there be a:

MP WISH LIST II

Is there a closing date on this thread? or is it open ended?

I ask because we seem to go on adding but there is no confirmation if it's in any pipe.

The final list was drawn up weeks ago, will there be a:

MP WISH LIST II

No idea!

The only recommendation that I think sums it all up.....start where GR1 ([GR]) left off :rofl: