Ghost Recon.net Forums

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest part of the competitive GR community played with sensors ON

SO yes, bring back sensors (make it optional; on/off)

I do not agree, many t vs t ladders to my knowledge had them off (ClanBase, TCZ etc)

I never played a match with sensors on... Also for dedic. servers for fungames it was more like 50/50.

Personally I dislike them, but if you people want them, make it an option

IGS

BQL

TAG

Those ladders had more clans then the non-respawn/non-sensor ladders/leagues.

Personally I dislike them, but if you people want them, make it an option

I don't really mind, i started GR in respawns/sensors ladders before discovering Clanbase's HH way of playing the game. But Clanbase/TCZ were imo always smaller then IGS/BQL/TAG and probably some other ladders too.

So yes, if they want sensors (to avoid camping or whatever) then GRIN can atleast make it an option :) In objective-less matches it's not so bad to have sensors, to atleast have a change of winning if the other team decides to camp.

so the "biggest" part of the "competitive" community played with an option that told you exactly where you're opponents were. Wow I can see how great a competition like that must've been. Why not just have everyone use wall hacks. or better yet, get rid of walls altogether. If you know where everyone is then why have anything to hide behind. For a game that is supposed to involve stealth, why have some retarded feature that shows you where the opponent is.......

"Advanced Warfighter" ?

Edited by Ben

The only time I ever saw sensors used was in untimed matches. Sensors were not that bad, but they were not my favorite.

I like the idea of having motion sensors that just show someone passed the area, but not there exact location in the area.

PS. I never played in the leagues mentioned above, so I would have no say what they did.

Edited by Judge_Recluse

There already are "sensors" build in the GRAW Domination gametype. Om the minimap you can see in what zone(s) (in most instances) they are in and also the exact number of enemies in the zone you presently are in...(and if on coms you can rapidly share info of current status in teammates' zones...)

There already are "sensors" build in the GRAW Domination gametype. Om the minimap you can see in what zone(s) (in most instances) they are in and also the exact number of enemies in the zone you presently are in...(and if on coms you can rapidly share info of current status in teammates' zones...)

yeah but the "sensor" that's in GR:AW doesn't give an exact location of the player like that junk from OLD gr did. The way it works now is fine. Makes you want to go search and destroy in the zone, though it might be more fun and suspenseful if we didn't see exactly how many people were in the zone.

Edited by Ghost9

Look it's quite simple guys, some people want sensors in the old style, some people don't. If you don't want to play with sensors then just don't.

And ghost9... GR league matches with sensors were intense, because it

made you be careful, it made you think as the opponent had the same advantage as you do. So don't even go there.

Look it's quite simple guys, some people want sensors in the old style, some people don't. If you don't want to play with sensors then just don't.

made you be careful, it made you think as the opponent had the same advantage as you do. So don't even go there.

100% with you on that WarLord

Back to my TOO LATE WISH LIST...

END OF MP ROUND TEXT CHATTING

pity the chat box window disappears when the stats are shown

it would be nice to still text chat to the others etc with comments like gg [good game]

and [did you see that lucky so and so] think you get the point... because now

when the game ends and the stats are shown, then the next game loads and there is no

possibility to CHAT ABOUT THE GAME.... like in old GR1

:rolleyes:

PITY

it would be nice to still text chat to the others etc with comments like gg [good game]

when the game ends and the stats are shown, then the next game loads and there is no

PITY

Indeed it would be, good suggestion.

S

PITY

S

don't you guys ever sleep !!! Sweden is GMT +2 ?? lol and it's 2.30am here :cheers:

Guys the thread was compiled into a document and sent off to GRiN:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...ndpost&p=376045

Maybe I missed it, but I seen nothing about an anti-cheat.

One thing UBI/GRIN need to keep in mind is that the fanbase of GR for the most part has moved on to other games.

Some are going to find it hard to leave games with a working anti-cheat to play GRAW. If you look at the top playing FPS; BF2, CSS, COD, COD2, AA, and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, they all have something in common. All use some type of anti-cheat, I can understand that we may never see replays like GR, maybe demo's, but without an anti-cheat GRAW will have a hard time pulling players from the above list.

I didn't feel it neccesary it add it as GRiN are well aware of the need for an anti-cheat. They have already indicated they are working on that and so there is no need to add it to a wishlist. It is in the make guys, that's why it is not in the document.

When the patch arrives everyone probably plays LastManStanding/TDM and HH, with some Siege ;)

Just remember "Ben" the patch is to address bug issues primarily, then if they have the time additional features in a descending priority list.....

But I think too LMS & TDM will have a good chance to be there.. :whistle:

I didn't feel it neccesary it add it as GRiN are well aware of the need for an anti-cheat. They have already indicated they are working on that and so there is no need to add it to a wishlist. It is in the make guys, that's why it is not in the document.

We need to put the "ac" back in "tactical". :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

1. MP mini map,make it so squads are diff colors to stand out more so we stick together or meet up.

2. If your going to make us buy weapons can you add a save gun set up for quick buy.

3. Did you not have time to add more guns?Or is this all were getting we are ghosts arent we trained in every gun even ememy guns?This one reason why I love rainbow6 game the load of guns to use since we would never beable shoot any in real life.Its just fun to use diff gunz and learn all there weak points and recoils.

4. More maps go hand and hand with more guns mix it up small meduim and large maps would rock.

5. Make its so your teammates cant push you out of your cover.

6. A better server browser with more options like whos playn on server what maps are playing players pings if its decicated or not.

7.Can you move chat box to bottom left haven center top get in way of view exp when you have a big gun in your face.

8.Please add spec mode for non respawn servers alot more people would play dom if we didnt have to stare at a score screen for 5-10 mins when dead.(no head bob if you do add please)

We need to put the "ac" back in "tactical". :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Lets hope the "ac" = "pb", which is what most of the top FPS use :grin1:

LETS HOPE NOT !!! LETS HOPE AC = GHOSTS CAMS [ in color] I'd be happy with that and a CHEATER sticks out like a sore thumb !!!

thats full color follow cam, like in GR1, MoH & CoD etc... [like a spectator mode & not that lined b&w image].

i'll go there and back because sensors are stupid. What's the point in everyone being able to see where everyone else is. that's just stupid. It'd be more suspenseful to get rid of it entirely so noone ever knows where anyone else is. You'll be careful if you have no idea where the enemy is. Having an option to show where exactly where the enemy is takes all the sneakiness and stealth out of the game. sensors=teh suck

Edited by Ghost9

LETS HOPE NOT !!! LETS HOPE AC = GHOSTS CAMS [ in color] I'd be happy with that and a CHEATER sticks out like a sore thumb !!!

thats full color follow cam, like in GR1, MoH & CoD etc... [like a spectator mode & not that lined b&w image].

In the long run this proved to be worthless, there's a reason MOH series doesn't even come close to the amount of players in COD series. I'm not saying Punkbuster takes the place of server admins, but used as a tool helps a great deal.

If you have a server of 32 players and the only thing you have to stop hackers is spectator mode then the server better have alot of admins doing nothing but watching.(Sounds like fun)

dunno if its been posted but one more SMALL change for the MP wishlist would be to allow the chat panel to stay ONSCREEN at the end of a round while the end of round stats are showing.

ON THE PAGE BEFORE THIS:

PITY

S

9 pages so forgive me for not going thru and seeing if this has been discussed, but while playing MP last night I noticed tons of people sliding and shooting. If you cant run and shoot there should be no way you can slide and shoot. To me its the same as run n gun.... I enjoyed a few hours of MP with my squad, and yea I was the victim of a few slide by shootings, and I gave a few but IMO it is the opposite of what graw is trying to be about. I mean its bad enough you slide for 10 ft, but you have total control of your weapon in the process and great accuracy? Any thoughts? Heres a link where Bo and some other GRIN posted about it....my squaddie started the topic when we first saw the trailer and noticed the ghost sliding and shooting.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...topic=32844&hl=

A disclaimer: I do enjoy Domination mode; my comments are not intended to suggest that the current dynamics of Domination are somehow flawed, but rather personal preferences that I'm guessing others might share.

Two gameplay alteration (or addition) suggestions: increased lethality, all around (1-2 shots to kill) and a more tangible effect when hit by a non-lethal shot. I almost never used the full automatic mode on any weapon in GR1, but it seems like the (lack of) above factors, which were present in GR1, make this a fairly untenable approach in GRAW.

This could be a valid design decision to make the game faster-paced, more frantic, with more volleys of gunfire going back and forth, but I definitely miss the 'everyone can be a sniper' feel in GR1. I've actually hit people with a multiple shots from a SCAR-H, with no real effect, and that just strikes me as emprically out of whack for a game of this type.

Then there's the usual MP stuff - more content, more options, multiple spawns, anti-cheat, etc. Nothing that hasn't been covered (probably in multiple posts in this thread.)