MP Wishlist

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doctor yes a medic should be cool!

Yes, in BF2 but not in GRAW :wall::wall:

It is atleast Advanced Warfighter, maybe they have some morfine builded into their suits and that can be used 1-2 times :lol:

And it is about making the MP attractive, currently the MP isnt attractive to have clanmatches its to boring. The developers have to come with good ideas maybe seen in other good online games. --- Or you agree atm this style is good to play matches in TvT?????????

Edited by Savage-nl

SP is fine.

MP:

Give us everything that the Xbox360 version has. More weapons, player models/camo choices, more maps, more gametypes.

Allow all sights/scopes to be used on whatever rifle/machine gun...so a SCAR-H with an EOTech, or the Mk46 with an Aimpoint.

Options, options, options. ;)

I didn't read the whole thread. This may have been covered.

A latency filter. Everything is going ok, then, someone joins with a 400 ping, it gets ugly.

Slow

Please explain how you mean that? Do you want to be able to filter out servers with a ping over 400ms or do you want to be able to set a maximum ping for players who join a server?

(BTW: Something that not many people knew, it was possible to set the latter for GR1! (Well, sort of anyway, you couldn't from inside the game, if anyone wants, I'll post somewhere how that was done))

I didn't read the whole thread. This may have been covered.

A latency filter. Everything is going ok, then, someone joins with a 400 ping, it gets ugly.

Slow

Please explain how you mean that? Do you want to be able to filter out servers with a ping over 400ms or do you want to be able to set a maximum ping for players who join a server?

(BTW: Something that not many people knew, it was possible to set the latter for GR1! (Well, sort of anyway, you couldn't from inside the game, if anyone wants, I'll post somewhere how that was done))

Ummmm..... filter, i.e. the ability to set a max latency for folks joining the server. Variable, maybe in increments of 50ms. e.g. "this server is set to 250ms". if you have a higher "ping"

you can't join.

Slow

New wish [dunno if it ever comes :D]

-Taunts --> They are funny like that you suddenly hear some yelling ''ouch that got to hurt etc]

Don't they have that in Counter Strike? God that got annoying. Glad I quit that game after the first round.

I hope they'll come up with something like StarCraft's lobby system, it's simple, elegant and effective :)

Neat sidebar, since you mentioned StarCraft. DID YOU KNOW there are professional StarCraft players in South Korea?! It's pretty insane to watch on TV...

Yeah I used to play for a clan called }NL{ (Team Netherlands) we were number 1 in the Netherlands and our highest in the world ranking was 6th, we got invited to play there but since we were all kids (this is about 8 years ago) none of us could afford to go to the world championship lol.

Having got bored with the GR:AW MP offerings, I've been back and played some SWAT4 COOP for some online nourishment.

I find the voice commands menu very useful; I think it helps with the whole COOP experience - even when there is VOIP available (which is often too garbled and I find myself say "Repeat please" a lot!)

(Apologies if this has been mentioned before - but we're up to 13 pages now and I haven't read them all)

Some1 knows when the next patch is planned?

I hope they just come up with good MP ideas that will increase the community.!

Three things that would have an immediate impact on increasing the number of multi players.

Anti cheat

Team Death Match

Dedi Server Pack

All which are coming out sometime this Summer from what I understand.

Some1 knows when the next patch is planned?

I hope they just come up with good MP ideas that will increase the community.!

Three things that would have an immediate impact on increasing the number of multi players.

Anti cheat

Team Death Match

Dedi Server Pack

All which are coming out sometime this Summer from what I understand.

With the 116 patch, they mentioned the next release would be some time in July. I know I would like to see Team Death Match.

What I would like to see, for Co-Op, is some sort of Spawn on Leader system. So, it is not quite as boring, when you die. One lucky shot from a bad guy, and you are out of action for the round, and because the levels are so large, that can be a very long time. I would even be happy to see "check points" and when the leader is near those, then others can have a "dynamic insertition". Co-Op is fun, but it does get a little boring, to just wait. :-(

I agree with everything.....mostly the gamespy thing. I absolutely HATE gamespy. I couldn't believe I had to sign up on it again to play GRAW online. Grin should have took a look at GR1 & ubicom before making this game or at least look at it now & fix these things. I love the GRAW single player but the mp sucks. I would also like to get gayspy as far from my pc as i can.

OK having played all online:

Wolfenstein

Doom

Doom 2

Doom 3

Shadow Warrior

Duke Nukem 3D

SOF

SOF 2

Half Life

Half Life 2

Battlefield 2

FEAR

and now

GR:AW

I don't understand how such a game with such terrific potential could be such a terrific let down!!!!!!

How the hell can't a player run over a bush or even jump. I have been in the military and worn and packed gear...I am I to believe that a GRAW player can run infinetly but not be able to pick up his leg to go over a shrub or curb??? Please man change the gravity or add a JUMP feature...I should be able to jump a little bit...I mean at least to get over a curb..right???

One of the biggest let downs to me from Battlefield 2 is the fact that the weapon damage is rediculous. One of the biggest things I like about GRAW is when you shoot somebody they will go down. I like the fact that a .50 Barrett will put somebody down with one shot..the way it would easily in reality. Shooting people in BF2 with a Sniper Rifle twice is the most rediculous thing I have ever seen.

Everything should be as real as possible from weapons, to running, crouching, and jumping.

I don't know if you can add a jump key..but it would be great.

As others have mentioned...we also really need an Admin Server function RCON etc..

Thanks

Everything should be as real as possible from weapons, to running, crouching, and jumping.

As others have mentioned...we also really need an Admin Server function RCON etc..

Thanks

Agreed that reality is important, especially for a game that holds the Ghost Recon name. Even if it's NOT a sequel or follow-up to GR (a hotly contested topic at times), merely having the name means REALISM. Having the Tom Clancy name on it should be synonymous with uber-realism. I too am capable of jumping and climbing to some extent even when laden with rifle, ammo, helmet, body armor, 2 litres of water, chemical gear and mask.

Having agreed to THAT much, I don't think we'll see any of that jumping and/or climbing. It would require some rethinking on the game engine, as well as the maps (at least underlying collision models) themselves. Spots upon which players were never meant to stand now suddenly come open, as the jumping and climbing thing was never planned for originally.

The Rainbow Six games made a GREAT point about jumping. The reason they never did, by choice, was that once you're in mid-air you have ZERO control of your movement. To part contact with the ground or some solid object is to concede control of your fate for some portion of time, and that's usually a lot longer than it takes to die and blow the whole mission for your pals.

Honestly, I just think it'd be a bit too much work to go back in and recheck every inch of every map, and to add that function to the game engine itself. Maybe we can ask for it in an expansion or in GR4. But it's too late for GRAW as we know it to let you climb over a short wall or fence. We just have to cry over it until the next iteration of GR...

Right, GRiN? Or am I totally retarded on this?

:g_withgrin::g_withgrin::g_withgrin:

Thanks

Agreed that reality is important, especially for a game that holds the Ghost Recon name. Even if it's NOT a sequel or follow-up to GR (a hotly contested topic at times), merely having the name means REALISM. Having the Tom Clancy name on it should be synonymous with uber-realism. I too am capable of jumping and climbing to some extent even when laden with rifle, ammo, helmet, body armor, 2 litres of water, chemical gear and mask.

Having agreed to THAT much, I don't think we'll see any of that jumping and/or climbing. It would require some rethinking on the game engine, as well as the maps (at least underlying collision models) themselves. Spots upon which players were never meant to stand now suddenly come open, as the jumping and climbing thing was never planned for originally.

The Rainbow Six games made a GREAT point about jumping. The reason they never did, by choice, was that once you're in mid-air you have ZERO control of your movement. To part contact with the ground or some solid object is to concede control of your fate for some portion of time, and that's usually a lot longer than it takes to die and blow the whole mission for your pals.

Honestly, I just think it'd be a bit too much work to go back in and recheck every inch of every map, and to add that function to the game engine itself. Maybe we can ask for it in an expansion or in GR4. But it's too late for GRAW as we know it to let you climb over a short wall or fence. We just have to cry over it until the next iteration of GR...

I agree with you as well and having made maps for games like CS and SOF2 I understand the challenges where there are player blocks.

However how can somebody design a game and not let the character run over a curb or something at minimum as a small bush.

If BF2 had the weapons characteristics that this game has...there would be no other game. Now I find myself waiting for games like Quake Wars Enemy Territory.

Here is a hint to game developers, when you make a military or para military game, make sure you pay attention to realism.

One of the best things about SOF2 was that it possessed these characteristic with the help of server side mods. It was one of the funnest games for realism...except maybe for the complete dismemberment of body parts when shot with a pistol...but it looked cool.

GRAW could rule if some of the smaller details were paid attention too. This is my first time playing the Ghost Recon or Tom Clancy Franchise games. I was very impressed with it overall...but MP is lacking the Admin Server and a player should be able to go over a small shrub.

I am happy that people are making maps, but for the amount of players on them...they are way too big. The maps should be scaled down and there should me higher advantage points for Snipers....*ie the ability to get into a tower..what good is looking at a tower if you can't occupy it or take up a tactical advantage.

Also with regards to jumping, I agree with what you are saying about not be grounded when manuevering...that is easy though...you don't allow firing or the weapon lowers when performing a jump...simple. However that being said, you don't see Steve Nash (NBA) having any problems passing the ball when he is jumping...he gets critizied for it by people in the league..but he manages just fine.

Whats important in a game (shooter) is just to eliminate "Dolphin Diving" or "Porpoising" that stupid kind of stuff ruins games too...I can see why it is easier to just leave it out when developing...but hey BF2 (EA as screwed up as they are) managed to make a patch to fix that.

Thanks

I agree with you as well and having made maps for games like CS and SOF2 I understand the challenges where there are player blocks.

However how can somebody design a game and not let the character run over a curb or something at minimum as a small bush.

If BF2 had the weapons characteristics that this game has...there would be no other game. Now I find myself waiting for games like Quake Wars Enemy Territory.

Here is a hint to game developers, when you make a military or para military game, make sure you pay attention to realism.

One of the best things about SOF2 was that it possessed these characteristic with the help of server side mods. It was one of the funnest games for realism...except maybe for the complete dismemberment of body parts when shot with a pistol...but it looked cool.

GRAW could rule if some of the smaller details were paid attention too. This is my first time playing the Ghost Recon or Tom Clancy Franchise games. I was very impressed with it overall...but MP is lacking the Admin Server and a player should be able to go over a small shrub.

I am happy that people are making maps, but for the amount of players on them...they are way too big. The maps should be scaled down and there should me higher advantage points for Snipers....*ie the ability to get into a tower..what good is looking at a tower if you can't occupy it or take up a tactical advantage.

Also with regards to jumping, I agree with what you are saying about not be grounded when manuevering...that is easy though...you don't allow firing or the weapon lowers when performing a jump...simple. However that being said, you don't see Steve Nash (NBA) having any problems passing the ball when he is jumping...he gets critizied for it by people in the league..but he manages just fine.

Whats important in a game (shooter) is just to eliminate "Dolphin Diving" or "Porpoising" that stupid kind of stuff ruins games too...I can see why it is easier to just leave it out when developing...but hey BF2 (EA as screwed up as they are) managed to make a patch to fix that.

I believe we concur on what probably SHOULD have been included in so much as the ability to traverse hedgerows, short fences, and the like. Say up to 0.8 meters in height, and slow passage THROUGH hedges/bushes? Seems fair enough even when carrying a GUIDED FARKIN MISSILE on one's back. But we didn't get that, and we didn't get bunnyhoppers either. The silver lining that is....

• 3 weeks later...

If they optimize the engine it will go a long way towards making GRAW a 9 or 10/10.

Sitting back in the chair and pointing with the finger on other peoples work is a really hard job! But we all know you could do it better :rocky:

No finger pointing here just give us ######ING DEDICATED SERVER FILES .....................

1. Show the different squads on the map in MP TvT with an "A" over everyones head in alpha, "B" over everyones head in Bravo, so on and so forth. WE need to be able to see where are other squads our and that particular squads members on the map not just the squad we are in.

Or just make each squad that has players in it a different color on the map. Alpha= red, Bravo=blue, Charlie=yellow etc etc. That would work better than trying to read a letter on the mini map as I first stated. Everyone is going to jump on this suggestion wagon once laddering gets up to full speed. :yes: