MP Wishlist

GRIN,... please realize one important reality....

You OWE your current jobs to the great success of the original GHOST RECON1 format.

For your own job security, STOP thinking in this ridiculous new GRAW format!!!!!!

Load up your computers with the original GR1 game, and LEARN this original gaming format!!!!!... and give us back the very, very successful, original game format along with your pretty new maps and graphics.

Your ideas for this new GHOST RECON (GRAW) format DO NOT WORK,.. and they will NEVER work!!! You have a perfect template on how to make GRAW into a great great success.,,, Make it in the original GR1 format!!!!

The only reason that you now have a job to make the next version of GHOST RECON,... is because the game's original format worked so very very well!!!!!... Please give us back the great, great game that brought all of us all here in the first place,... and gave you guys at GRIN your present jobs!!!!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ BaM BaM

uhm thats a bit off base and rude. GRIN'ers didn't owe their jobs to the succes of GR1 or GRAW. They already had their jobs before this and were making other game titles. Maybe some new employees were recruited for this massive job, and in massive job I mean creating a game within a year or so! Nobody should stand still in time in their devlopement, neither gametitles should. Some people have a hard time to adapt to the changes of life, but eventually they will manage. I think you will to.

That doesn't mean I don't think your right about the some of the features [GR] had worked out a bit better than GRAW. Although that is hard for me to judge hence only played the game a couple of times ;). Next time try to sum up some points which you would like to see changed in GRAW. That way the developer has something to work with if they choose to do that ;)

Cheer'zz.

Toniezz

Except for better graphics, please express to me, and everyone here, what exactly YOU see as an improvement in this new GRAW version of GHOST RECON over the original.

Please list to us what you see as being a real format improvement. As you say,... please sum up what you see as an improvement in format over the [Ghost Recon] game.

Otherwise I stand completely by my game recommendations to GRIN. !!!!! Duplicate the original game's format!!!!! GRIN should NOT need NEW written recommendations that only explain the format of the original.

I'm a casual player (but hardcore Tom Clancy Fan) but heres my suggestions

1. removeal of the yellow tint for online

2. Anti-cheat (punkbuster) support

3. Diffrent areas...not all urban

4. Anti-cheat

5. no buying weapons

6. actual admin tools...ban (ban GUID not IP), kick, move players to other team,etc..

7. hide names unless you move the ret over the diamonds...blocks view, distracting, etc...

8. Actuall bonus for being in a squad and preforming as a team...point out targets, issue commands.

9. a bigger icon for the player on the mini map...its tiny I have trouble seeimng it with 20/20 vision

10. more pronounced shot detection (diffrent placement)...looking down to see where the shots came from isn't natural when you know the shots didn't come from the ground

11. either remove the weapon movement or make it so the weapon shoots where the rets point...(slow down the constant / movement and make the weapon shoot where it's rets are pointed....not directly in the center of the screen is no matter what :wall: )

mm ok.

just 4 IMPORTANT points

hardcoded stuff.

1.- peek on prone

2.- cheatbuster to disable and enable in a dif. installer

3.- View of weapon OPTIONAL enable and disable .

4.- Abillity to run and shot as "SPRAY AND PRAY " shot from HIP . "low aim"

That will doit the REST in Modding hands . :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers

1. There should be one more speed for walking, like sneak->walk->run->sprint. Sneak would be silent movement around corners etc. and while sprinting shooting not possible and while running aiming not possible but shooting is.

2. Moving while kneeling is now terrible, sound can be heard from 100 meters. I havent noticed any help being kneed, aim aint better and moving is too slow? Right now this is useless option, tune it up.

3. Reloading while running (see no.1).

4. Weapon buying system is terrific. In some maps other team mayby pushing other team to their spawn and all they have is pistols to protect they base?? There comes 10 deaths while trying to escape from Church spawn with pistol while enemy is camping close. Makes no sense to me.

5. Sounds. It says DolbyDigital in gamecase? Buy EAX rights and do distance and direction infomation to the sounds. Weapons should sound different from side than straigth forward -> easy to hear if you are shot, or just some of your teammates. Granades should make sound when they hit the ground or wall etc. You should be able to hear frag bounching down stairsway? Theres been dropping ammocase sound in games last 4 years? There is no details in sounds but while moving with one knee down whole city will hear that?

6. Ability to "cook" nades before tossing. Ignition is too long in most cases and cooking makes nades more useful. Also nade throwingrange is unbeliable, some 100 m? 40m is more like it.

7. Better and more informative gamebrowser, ASE support to get rid of Gamespy.

Those are biggest issues I've pointed so far, if I forgot something I'll be back.

CHAT BOX ISSUES

- Add scroll function in the chat box (when you are at the status or after action screen) so you can look up a previous message

- Increase the number of characters you can type + give an audiable signal (beep) when you've reached the limit (+do not type out the characters) As it is now you can type a long message that is displayed BUT gets cutoff when you send it. Very annoying

BUG - I still fire a single shot when I hit the pm all button...

my wishlist:

-enable/disable weapons for server (if u don't like the nades!)

-option for night and day for each level

-more weapons and futuristic equipment (knife, pumpgun, mines, lasers, tranquilizer? etc.)

-rain and fog!

-indicators (small images) for chosen serveroptions in online-server-selection-menu,

so that u can see what's on and off on the server!

-lobbychat (before choosing server) and list of online players and location!

-bigger levels and vehicles!

-no blackscreens

-replays

-animations for "follow me", "to the left/right", "go back" etc. for people who don't use vent or

ts!

-health<->movement and perhaps sound depency? (breath)! status red=slow movement! green=fast!

-civilians that are running from house to house or something like that! just add atmosphere!

that's all for now!

there will be more...

i love this game, it's a masterpiece!!! :thumbsup:

GRIN,... please realize one important reality....

You OWE your current jobs to the great success of the original GHOST RECON1 format.

For your own job security, STOP thinking in this ridiculous new GRAW format!!!!!!

Load up your computers with the original GR1 game, and LEARN this original gaming format!!!!!... and give us back the very, very successful, original game format along with your pretty new maps and graphics.

Your ideas for this new GHOST RECON (GRAW) format DO NOT WORK,.. and they will NEVER work!!! You have a perfect template on how to make GRAW into a great great success.,,, Make it in the original GR1 format!!!!

The only reason that you now have a job to make the next version of GHOST RECON,... is because the game's original format worked so very very well!!!!!... Please give us back the great, great game that brought all of us all here in the first place,... and gave you guys at GRIN your present jobs!!!!

haha, I dont want to be rude and I really dont want to flame you, I really love this post, this is great, it made my day, I cant stop laughing, finally I see the truth! :rofl::rofl:

5. no buying weapons

Well that is and option for the server. Some want's to earn weapons some don't. :)

EDIT: I'm with you on point: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8. I'm not sure about 11 tho.

what I meant by number 11 is that I'm tired of the weapon's red dot sights (and any others besides the Iron sights) being over a target in the distance (Single shot selected) you click the mouse and the gun jumps up and over to the middle of the screen every time when the red dot is over the target...I know weapons have kick but this is crazy to think the bullet is going to go to the middle of the screen and not where the scope is showing the red dot which renders the weapon bob useless.

5. Sounds. It says DolbyDigital in gamecase?

I just looked at my GRAW box. I saw the logo. I looked at my Far Cry and Sands of Time box: Same logo.

I thought Dolby Digital was for HOME THEATER, not PC GAMES.

You can have a Dolby Surround speaker and subwoofer set for PC if your soundcard supports it, and there are plenty that do...

Basic wish:

--------------

That the Generic software option gets saved instead of having to reset it every time u launch the game.

MP wish for TDM:

--------------------

More of a TDM based suggestion, namely that the gameplay is roundbased.

First i would like to suggest the timelimit be set to about 4-5 minutes with each player having one life. Round ending in a win if one team losses all its players or in a draw when time runs out. (or mayb in a win if one team has a greater amount of players then the other when time runs out) This would make GRAW TDM kinda like the RVS Team survival mode.

Why no respawns, since what we tested on the custom TDM maps, it would turn into a chaotic mess with spawncamping/spawnpressurising. While with no respawns, u wont have the spawn assault but rather a more organised style of play that isnt so much run and gun.

Why then a timelimit of 5 mins, because else the game lingers too long when only a few players remain on each side. The timelimit would urge them to go for the win.

Furthermore i would like to suggest a restriction kit. This way sniper rifle may be limited to one player/team, same for the grenade launcher cause else it could turn into an unreal tournament kinda experience.

An observation mode would be nice, so the players on pubs that are dead, have something to do while waiting for the round to end. Another reason for the lowered timelimit since else they ll leave out of boredom.

PS: I realise some of these are serverside options to be filled in by the serveradmin, but then consider it as a suggestion for the official ubi servers.

Global MP wish:

-------------------

- Dedi pack, although without them the TDM mode ll provide a huge boost to community numbers (or so i do hope)

- A fix for the AC "[Thing that should not be spoken of here IAW Forum Rule 3.7]-key"(which i know is comming but does take a bit of time allrdy for a mere fix)

- Server admin tools

Think thats about it for my wishlist after patch 1.16.

All the rest is allrdy up to par imo, so cant wait to receive my next fix :grin1:

Edited by =GUI=M@s3nk0

My MP Wishlist is as follows:

Ballistics; Windage, Bullet Drop and Breathing Movements while scoped.

More tense maps... Nothing like 50 AI coming out of the woodwork.

Open Terrain with some distance to give snipers some kind of challenge.

MAPS- bigger, and more of them, please!

MODES- TvT if you please! KEED the domination mode. I think it will eventually catch on to some extent, but for now we're all ###### (rightfully) at the lack of a TvT mode.

PHYSICS- an option to reduce the physics load on the processor would be nice, though I'm sure it would be incredibly difficult. This is a WISH list, remember?!

WEAPONS- leave 'em alone. They work. Well. VERY well.

GRENADE INTERFACE- Something more like Splinter Cell, perhaps? Pretty difficult to throw 'em accurately...

EFFECTS- beautiful. y'all outdid yourselves with that. But not at all necessary for MP. How about toning that down a touch?

As this game comes along, and a true TvT mode comes out, I'm sure it'l do great and end-up one of the most played MP games on the 'net. And if it doesn't, I'm already saving my cash for BF 2142! LOL

-Player search option

-Better domination maps, maybe smaller so that we dont need to walk for ages, or like create a zone in the middle of the town with a timer [TKOTH]

-Way Better spawnpoints at DM, everytime i respawn some camper shoot me before i can walk, you have to figure this out.

-Dedicated server files

-More skins !!

-Stats servers at ubisoft, where the community can watch their stats

-Other things that make MP attractive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck

;)

-Player search option

-Better domination maps, maybe smaller so that we dont need to walk for ages, or like create a zone in the middle of the town with a timer [TKOTH]

-Way Better spawnpoints at DM, everytime i respawn some camper shoot me before i can walk, you have to figure this out.

-Dedicated server files

-More skins !!

-Stats servers at ubisoft, where the community can watch their stats

-Other things that make MP attractive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck

;)

AGREED on the following points:

Player search! Mucho necessary!

Spawn points! Boy is that a harsh point right now. Needs a fix...

Dedi server files! C'mon, the only reason my team has been keeping a BF2 server up at all is that they wanted to already have a game server up when GRAW came out. That's about $140 a month, Buckaroo!

Stats! Cool idea, not to copycat BF2. But it DID catch on BIGTIME for them, and oculd boost the popularity of the MP GRAW.

Again, WISHlist. Please, Santa GRIN (or is it, UbiClaus?)?! I swear I won't shoot my eye out!

Edited by RAbbi_74

some more wishes

in addition to my previous wish-list-post

-possibility to climb up and over low objects e.g. cars or fences

-limited energy for nightvision

-central database for custom maps

-destroyable and purchasable drone

-a doctor

-more (like run distance or bodyparts hit...) and more exactly statistics

(being an expert at explosives while never used one is a little bit strange, isn't it!?

there will be more wishes... :rolleyes:

Ich wünsch(t)e mir einen Wizzard, der einem beim Erstellen von Missionen (z.B. Coop-Missionen) hilft!

Habe z.B. bereits ein fertiges Szenario im Kopf (Es ist halt nun mal so, dass der user immer das Ziel im Kopf hat, und nicht, bzw. selten den Weg...)

Hier mein "Ziel":

1) Lass Black Hawk mit Spieler(n) an Bord zu Punkt X fliegen

2) Wenn Punkt X erreicht: Türen öffen und Spieler die Möglichkeit geben sich abzuseilen

3) Wenn Spieler am Boden: Bring Meldung "Mitchell, sie müssen blablabla…"

4) Wenn Meldung abgespielt: Setzt Wegpunkt mit Name "ALPHA"

5) Wenn z.B. Objekt Z beim Wegpunkt ALPHA zerstört: Meldung am Mitchell "Gehen Sie zum Abholpunkt Delta" und setze neuen Abhol-Wegpunkt "BRAVO"

6) Wenn Mitchell 30m von WP BRAVO entfernt: Lasse Heli einschweben

7) Wenn Mitchell bei Heli: Möglichkeit mit der Taste X die Tür zu öffnen und sich ausfliegen zu lassen

8) Wenn Ghosts ausgeflogen: Beende Mission und zeige Statistik

Und nun ist UBI, bzw. Grin gefragt. Zeiget mir den Weg! Will heissen: Wäre schön, wenn es möglich würde und man mittels eines Missionbuilding-Wizzards solche Szenarien erstellen könnte.

Die Community würde sicher enorm anwachsen...