Map Editor is built into the game !

fangster

Spot on! good stuff. I knew it would be a matter of time b4 someone like Nemon would crack pandoras box. :)

Ok, I'm looking in the quick.bundle and see something

<!--<script base="data" exec="menu/menu" editor="false"/>-->

<!-- <script base="data" exec="levels/mission03/mission03" editor="false"/> -->

<!--<script base="data" exec="levels/street/street" editor="false"/> -->

<!-- <script base="data" exec="levels/animation/animation" editor="false"/> -->

<!--<script base="data" exec="levels/e3vision/e3vision" editor="false"/>-->

<!-- <script base="data" exec="levels/ai_test/ai_test" editor="false"/> -->

<!--<script base="data" exec="levels/e3street/e3street" editor="false"/>-->

Would the editor work if these values were set to editor="true"/>-->?

just a thought..

Edited by Papa6

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess its possible but something in the mission files is missing that is in the editor map. It could be something in the script files and because they are compiled im not sure what we can do about that.

Dont extract to the bundle folder. In the GRAW folder there is a Data folder, make a backup of this folder and then extract the data folder in the bundle to the games "install folder". This will place all the files from the data folder in the bundle in the "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter/data" folder.

working now...thanks. As a side note, the modifications I made to the weapon stats had no effect in game...I'll have to screw around a bit more.

I've tried a few times to get the editor to load up a map but it seems that some settings for the editor aren't included in the mission scripts, atleast that's my best guess.

If anyone happens to be a fantastic puzzle solver and loves a challenge i'd be happy to work on reversing the scripts byte code, don't really want todo it all on my own. Some knowledge of ASM and how bytecode languages work would be a great head start.

Edited by Nemon

now say if we do make changes, how can we remake a .bundle file anyway? or is that a ancient chinese secret?

Probably very easy but i just dont see the point unless there is a way to load a bundle as a mod to the main bundle. My main concearn was just dumping the files to see how it ticks.

Anyone else having problems seeing textures when you load up maps ?

I can only see stuff when I load the default editor level. It's actually called "editor"

I made a room on irc server efnet called #graw.mods if anyone wants to

join me in getting this to work.

Amazing job nemon..thanks

yes, he wrote alot of useful tools before AND after plugins and such were released. without schell I think we'd of lost a good 9-12 months of mods and might've even missed out on things like frostbite and sabreteams and such. I know the first WOI release wouldn't have been possible without Schell (at that time anyways).

looking forward to more from you!

I dont think that in game editor is the real game editing program. I've played about with it and it seems to lack a great deal of usablility to develop the massive maps in GRAW. I suppose there could be a ton of missing dev ui files that make it workable but i dont think that in game editor will produce anything usable. I could be wrong tho.

Bo's post about the map/mission editor was very specific that it would indeed use the game itself as the editor, so you are probably right in saying the developer interface has been left out...or we haven't figured out how to turn it on yet. Likely it's also a collection of XML files, just like the HUD.

I suspect the main reason for the delay, aside from adding polish to it to make it relatively easy for anyone to play around with, is they are waiting to be able to make the additional gametypes coming in the June patch available in the editor. No good would come from releasing a hard to use editor that has to be patched itself in the boxed game, when they can take a month and get it up to release quality with all the gametypes available.

Plus, they get a month's reprieve from having to answer "how do you edit this?" questions from us. :stupid:

it works like a charm nemon! :rofl:

just a couple of minutes and my ghosts look better (and less orange..)

12715241121-thumb.jpg

also in green.. :shifty:

12715254267-thumb.jpg

Looks great. What did you change?

now say if we do make changes, how can we remake a .bundle file anyway? or is that a ancient chinese secret?

I wouldn't wonder if the GRAW exe has a added command to create the bundle file and to unpack it ..

some1 try to use the oldschool pkzip.exe expressions with the GRAW.EXE .. lol

in:

textures\atlas_characters\ghost_team

set 0 is the uniform and set 1 is the helmet

just edit the .dds in PS using the proper plugin (public from nvidia)

I did a new one with a fancy colorful USA flag (flipped like in the original, dunno why? :huh: )

graw33rn.jpg

Q: are we allowed to share this kind of mod? :huh:

I did a new one with a fancy colorful USA flag (flipped like in the original, dunno why? :huh: )

The texture is unwrapped on the model mirrored on it's x-as probably.

Really like how this is evolving :)

Good job guys.

in:

textures\atlas_characters\ghost_team

set 0 is the uniform and set 1 is the helmet

just edit the .dds in PS using the proper plugin (public from nvidia)

graw33rn.jpg

Q: are we allowed to share this kind of mod? :huh:

I don't see why you couldn't...isn't it just like any other mod that edits OE files???

The texture is unwrapped on the model mirrored on it's x-as probably.

Really like how this is evolving :)

Good job guys.

I have seen flags worn on uniformed soldiers before... I think this is how the flag is placed on their uniforms in the real world (at least in some branches, maybe).