GAMESPOT REVIEW 7.8

7.8 is a little low, maybe an 8.0 or so? Nothing higher than an 8.3, not with the game in it's current state.

They cited many bugs in the browser, all of which are true, but if anyone remembers, BF2's original browser was complete and utter crap. They patched it up and now it's fine. I expect the same with GRAW.

I've made some good choices in single player games lately. FEAR was one of the best I've ever played, I enjoyed Quake 4 a lot, and now I have GRAW. I think it will replace FEAR as my favorite "modern" single player game to date. I had plenty of oh ###### moments in FEAR, but in just the first two missions with GRAW, I've done so much planning and thinking and wow'ing and running and what not, it's just been great. The fact that I was playing and commanding other humans like in real life made the situation even better. Getting through a co-op level is a real accomplishment, and although it's frustarating at times (like when enemies spawn behind you because you've moved up a little too quick) it's still a blast. I'd give the SP alone a 9.0. The multiplayer (minus co-op, which I've had no connection problems with, then again I'm always hosting) does deserve it's rating of a 7.8, probably lower. It's a shame. I truley believe GRIN and Ubi won't abandon us though, the game can only improve from here guys.

Good post. I love the SP... best tactical gaming experience I've ever had on SP. The MP seems to be buggy and limited. (But then it can be awesome too, just ask the TacticalGamers.com crowd). I honestly believe that GRIN and Ubi will support this game, and I sincerely hope the patches will make the MP into something special.

7.8 is a little low, maybe an 8.0 or so? Nothing higher than an 8.3, not with the game in it's current state.

They cited many bugs in the browser, all of which are true, but if anyone remembers, BF2's original browser was complete and utter crap. They patched it up and now it's fine. I expect the same with GRAW.

I've made some good choices in single player games lately. FEAR was one of the best I've ever played, I enjoyed Quake 4 a lot, and now I have GRAW. I think it will replace FEAR as my favorite "modern" single player game to date. I had plenty of oh ###### moments in FEAR, but in just the first two missions with GRAW, I've done so much planning and thinking and wow'ing and running and what not, it's just been great. The fact that I was playing and commanding other humans like in real life made the situation even better. Getting through a co-op level is a real accomplishment, and although it's frustarating at times (like when enemies spawn behind you because you've moved up a little too quick) it's still a blast. I'd give the SP alone a 9.0. The multiplayer (minus co-op, which I've had no connection problems with, then again I'm always hosting) does deserve it's rating of a 7.8, probably lower. It's a shame. I truley believe GRIN and Ubi won't abandon us though, the game can only improve from here guys.

Nice post. I agree. I think the SP of this game has even surpassed GR1. The MP needs alittle work, but if they continue to put the effort in enhancing the MP as they have the SP. Its gonna be fantastic.

For the Multiplayer aspect of the game. The spark is there. We have a nice solid foundation for a great game to start with. All we need to do is build up. :grin1: