Ghost Recon.net Forums

I posted something on this in another thread, but was curious to what others think about this as well.

What im basically saying is that the maps, the way they are now, provoke a faster type gameplay due to the fact that there is so much cover to run behind, you dont get the feeling as you did in [GR]. In [GR] you always had the feeling of not wanting to be trapped in the open because it meant certain death, and these maps just dont give you that feeling.

Anyway just wondering if there was anyone else that agreed or disagreed.

Also on another note. Does the stamina thing work, or is it just minimal effect? It seems running or being injured has no drawback to it.

i think you have got a point but......... (sorry for the but thing)

here you have the freaky thing of having the enemy being sneaky in dark corners and ally's

which makes for a different tension

i would like to see some other maps yet these do give some amount of anxiaty for me when i am walking to the next point of the mission

stammina, i noticed that it does make a difference but you have to be aware of it,

in firefights just after running it does (for me or in my mind) effect my aiming

not that much though as i am a bad shot

Hey Judge..! You owe me some rounds... LOL the first time I went MP with this game you gave me a little taste of what nOOb's feel like ...

I dare you to try again :g_guns:

Nice playing with you...

Edited by 1Bravo [CV]
What im basically saying is that the maps, the way they are now, provoke a faster type gameplay due to the fact that there is so much cover to run behind, you dont get the feeling as you did in [GR]. In [GR] you always had the feeling of not wanting to be trapped in the open because it meant certain death, and these maps just dont give you that feeling.

Anyway just wondering if there was anyone else that agreed or disagreed.

Hmm, I think it differs from map to map, but there are definately less huge open spaces, on the other hand even crossing a street is enough open space to get you killed a lot of the time. So while there is technically a lot less open spaces, or, the "open spaces" are a lot smaller, they still feel as deadly. And there are plenty opens spaces in the SP maps, both the one with the strongpoints and the first lone wolf one made me feel very "in the open" and vulnerable.

Also the time it takes to ready your weapon, the "no shooting while running" and the deadlyness of guns still keeps the pace slow.. i think... but it has been a long time since I played anything that resembled a tactical shooter, so it might just be the shock after playing games like FEAR, BF2 and such.

Also on another note. Does the stamina  thing work, or is it just minimal effect? It seems running or being injured has no drawback to it.

I don't think is affects speed per se, but rather acuraccy and stability. If you sprint until your vitals are all mesed up and then try to full auto a group of enemies you'll be putting rounds all over the place. And yeh, as far as I can tell injuries has no effect on anything. (well exept you'll die faster)

-Zor

I agree Recluse.

GRAW:

We can run faster now

We can slide

We can use smokegrenades

3 reasons why there should be even more open places/spots in GRAW compared with GR1. In GRAW you just cross a street without thinking or without peeking carefull, knowing you can outrun the bullets anyway, and if you get hit you probably won't die / slow down because you're wounded.

Here's my observations;

GRAW: The maps are expansive(SP), actually it's one huge maps that moves the player from one section, to the next. but as for cover and concealment, GRAW is as close to real as you can get.Let me explain. GRAW has maps with alot of good cover and concealment. park benches, pillars on buildings, vehicles and the streets angles allow for some real intense action. also there are MORE avenues of approach.moddability remains yet to be seen in terms of a learning curve.

GR: GR was good for it's time. but as time wore on, the maps were too small, and cover was WAY too scarce. Everyone knows when to nade spam a spot and when. GR's engine which was used in sum of all fears, proved that the engine wasn't good for CQB. Moddability was the easiest of any game in terms of understanding the way the mods worked, but map making was intense as there was alot of things to know and features necessary in making the map.