Pen Tool

Holy bezzier curves, batman!! I just started fiddling with the pen tool and it is quite the little miracle. It's perfect for making those art deco looking trace outlines on original photographic images.

Benefits abound too ...

You know how you hate it when you set a point on the lasso tool that is not correct and you can't undo?? Well the pen tool not only lets you undo, it lets you take off particular points.

Most importantly though, using the pen tool allows you to create curvature perfect vector images meaning you can enlarge the eff out of it without sacrificing resolution. PERFECT for logo creation intended for print use.

I've been fiddling primarily with Fireworks to do graphics design and since I can remember, I've always opted away from the pen tool. Trust me on this ... throw caution to the wind and use the pen tool.

:grin1:

Ya the pen tool is really powerful. Great for selection, design and much more. Also, you can copy curves and paste them in other adobe products! :o Im not sure if anyone uses after effects at all, but curves are your best friend in that baby. There are tones of tricks with curves. Ive never used fireworks, but in Photoshop, illustrater, and affter effects I use the mall the time.

• 3 months later...