GR.net Forum Upgrade

Avey

GhostRecon.net has been upgraded to the latest version of Invision Power Board. We have upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1, but don't let the numbers fool you, there is a lot added and changed in this version. The Admin side of the forums has been totally changed and the directory structure of the software has also been modified heavily.

New Features

Rich Text Editor

The latest feature that you are most likely to notice is the Rich Text Editor (RTE) than has been introduced. Users can switch to and from the Standard and Rich Text Editors from the Board Settings. This makes creating posts a lot easier with a 'What You See Is What You Get' (WYSIWYG) style interface, similar to a word processor.

Note: Requires Internet Explorer, Mozilla or Firefox web browsers.

untitled20el.jpg

RSS Import and Export Feeds

Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds can now be made from the forum data, or alternatively imported into the forums. For example, an RSS feed could be imported into the forums every x mins. No plans have been made yet for this feature, but keep your eyes peeled for something in the future.

Example

Multi Question Polls

Members who have the privilege to create polls can now make multi-questioned polls. So instead of creating multiple polls to answer an array of questions it can be all done in one.

Polls can only be made by Supporters and staff at this time. Become a Supporter

untitled29eh.jpg

Multiple Calendars

It is now possible to create your own personal calendar using the board software.

There are also many more smaller features that have been included in this build. We hope that you find them useful in your day-to-day forum activities.

The forum skin also had to be upgraded to coincide with IPB 2.1. Inevitably, there will be problems with the skin. If you come across an error, or something doesn't look right, then please post in this topic or PM Avey.

Quick Edit

To 'quick edit' a post, click on the edit button below your post and choose 'Quick Edit' from the list. Here you can edit a post without leaving the page, and submit it without a reload too!

-- GhostRecon.net Staff

A new skin has been made by NYR based on the GRAW colours. If however you would like to revert to the original GRnet skin then you can through the skin-chooser located at the bottom of every page, to the left hand side.

GR.NET - GRAW is the skin by NYR based on GRAW.

GR.NET - Classic is the original skin.

Minor problem/bug/whatever you wanna call it: All of the threads I visited before the upgrade now have the new replies graphic beside them, even if there have been no replies since I last viewed those threads.

Yeah, did it to me too. Just mark them all as read and it will clear it, its the only 'solution' I know.

That'll be a cookie thing, it'll resolve itself after a few days,or in your case a couple of hours :P

Or do what Avey said.

Heh, new forum features in upgrade v2.1.6 = more things for me to break! :devil:

****goes off to what other bugs etc he can find with the new upgrade****

EDIT: The GRAW theme seems to cut off the bottom border off some of the little boxes with the page number where it says how many pages there in a thread, when you are looking at all the threads in a forum.

Lemme guess, the forum upgrade was working fine until I logged on just now? :whistle:

When I took that screen cap, I was using IE6 (too lazy to scroll through to my utilities folder to find the Firefox browser exe)

EDIT: Now this -

cutoff.jpg

Look at the page number boxes.

Again in IE6.

Edited by WytchDokta

In the new GR.NET-GRAW skin the background of the Users browsing Forum/Thread bar is the same colour (DarkCyan) as the user groups used by

RSE
    BFS
    UBI
    GRIN

so their members name is almost invisible and you just see _________________

and also the Red colour used by admins group names is less distinct and harder to read on that colour background

@wytch, that tiny issue actually occurred prior to the upgrade too.

@Pave, yeh we need to change the online colours, the red especially really burns, it's over saturated, and the dev green is almost invisible, hang on though, some of the dev team are a bit invisible these days heh.

Looks great, good work lads although Rockys sig just doesnt fit into the background of the new outlay.

Edit: earlier on as i looked here and the forums were offline to public, i noticed a chat link at the top of the forums, now its gone??, is that a special feature for supporters?

Edited by SRS_Undertaker

Yes, Blog is offline, I am hoping it is recoverable though - not least because I had a lot of stuff in there :P

Chat thing could be a possibility now we are running the latest verison of the forums.

And yeh. my sig looks crap now.

Display Names

Members can now, if they wish, use a "display name" in addition to their "login name". This is useful if you aren't happy with the user-name you first registered with, as your display name can be changed without having to contact the forums Admin.

Anyone know how to go about thins? Thanks in advance!

Edited by MissLoki

Display Names

Members can now, if they wish, use a "display name" in addition to their "login name". This is useful if you aren't happy with the user-name you first registered with, as your display name can be changed without having to contact the forums Admin.

Anyone know how to go about thins? Thanks in advance!

Ah.

Well.

I disabled that feature. People request name changes on these forums on a regular basis, if they had the option to change their names on a whim, I can only imagine the confusion. Additionally, I think it would stop me from stopping some unsavioury names from appearing; at the moment I catch those via new member notifications.

Sorry about that!