already bored with the maps and mp game

The one thing I remember about [GR] is the feling of not getting trapped in the open when trying to relocate. I dont get that feeling in these maps, as I can run full speed and not get shot at once for a long time. Its not the size of the maps, but the cover the maps provide. I think there is a bit too much.

[GR] we had Ghost Town and Tank, Even Embassy had wide open areas that made you think twice before crossing. GRAW maps take that feeling away. Most of the people playing now remember that feeling, and when said feeling is not delivered it leaves them scratching their head. I like the game no doubt and think it has a ton of potential, but there are a few things that make it different.

Gametype also makes a difference with the maps. Right now we are more concerned with blocks of territory then we are looking for tactical spots to take out the enemy. So we pass alot of the map up, to get to the next Zone.

Im pretty sure once LMS comes out, these maps will take on new meaning, but it would still be nice to have a few maps that made you scared to move like in the old days.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very boring game after 2 days of playing same maps a 1 game style for MP. this goes for me and my clan. this game will die fast. Grin did a great job but UBI really messed this up and made another lockdown. would have been alot better if they would have ported over the 360 game. atleast then we would have more maps and mp options. i know ill get flamed by alot and im sure there alot out there that fully agree with me to.

Nice work GRIN to bad you had to work for UBI.

I would say that too after the butt whoopin you and your team took from us in the old days :o= And what about the same boring maps? I never found you guys playing anything else but tank :P Blu...Give the freakin game a chance man! Until then, join up on our GRAW server for some old day education. Check your private message. :g_withgrin:

Edited by TRF_SittinDuck

SHort But Sweet if you and your clan are already bored of the game then you have not played the game it was ment to be played wait for scrim play try tactics this isnt counter strike. I agree with you when it come to gameplay but i also know there is alot to come My clan has all bought the game and to be honest its not what you play its who you play with. SO hey lets play a 5V% and bring the fun back to the game for ya..

The one thing I remember about [GR] is the feling of not getting trapped in the open when trying to relocate. I dont get that feeling in these maps, as I can run full speed and not get shot at once for a long time. Its not the size of the maps, but the cover the maps provide. I think there is a bit too much.

[GR] we had Ghost Town and Tank, Even Embassy had wide open areas that made you think twice before crossing. GRAW maps take that feeling away. 

Heh, exactly. :grin1:

hey Duck long time man. yeah im giving it a chance im just bored with the same map. im really shocked that theres no other map based on the outside of the city is all. i still think it was released to soon.

no PM's duck

my msn

bludawg@hotmail.com

Edited by CBA_Bludawg

from the videos that I have watched, its seems that run and gun is the only gameplay being played on MP.

It would be nice to watch private servers or clans showcase how this should be played.

I too don't understand the 4-man MP.

More gamers nowadays have higher high-speed connections. I've been to a 32 and a 64 BF2 match and how that almost represent a battlefield scenario. I was in the Corps 87-92.

I've been to a private server where there are fireteams---no one was running around by themselves. Rule: get killed, respawn and wait until 3 more joins before moving to objective. Anyone who doesnt follow the fireteam rule gets kicked out by server judge/admins.

So I hope GRIN comes out with a MP modder's patch/map editor/SDK to increase number of players and increase number of maps.

Lets get together to come up with ideas and solutions.

Lets stop wasting webspace with personal attacks.

:grin1:

This is not a run and gun, those of us at TacticalGamer.com absolutely love this game, it takes planning and tactics. I have no complaints about the game (other than no server binaries), it has lots of potential to grow and keep us hardcore tactical gamers happy.

Great job GRIN!

Good post. I think the problem, really, is that not enough people have really learned the game yet. It's EASIER to play run n gun than it is to play it tactically, because there is no thinking required. However, once people start to play it properly the run n gun won't work anymore.... remember, it's early days yet.

Why don't some of you guys organize to play on the same server, same team and wipe th run n gun dudes out by playing it in a non-run n gun way? Start the ball rolling....

lol, man its funny to see so maany conflicting arguements among the people that "dislike the game."

+ "If I wanted to buy guns, I would have bought CS"

-You can apply that to any feature in a game. "If I wanted Death Match, I would have bought Quake 3" Point being your arugment is silly and not thought out as well, and you come off as a fustrated person who is not thinking before he/she post.

+"Domination sucks competivley"

-How so? I don't understand why people come and just drop comments like that with out any proof or reason. From what I here its just that people are not working together so you have 15 people just running around.

I would agree with you if you said "A person working alone can match a sqaud using tactics." But you didn't say that. I'm sure in GR1 if everyone worked alone it be the same, but we learned that team work got you to the objective faster.

Its the same Concept in BF2, I can have a blast with 3 or 4 friends in our own sqaud, but if I went alone I usualy end finding a sqaud to join anyway thats semi-tactical, but good enough. Except! BF2 game mechanics allow a single person to out match a group of people if he knows how to exploit the game functions

(bunny hopping for example)

I said I wouldn't buy this game just yet, but I dunno anymore~ perhaps I will.

Why don't we have a test? Why doesn't someone go out into a server (if they can find one) and work as group and see if they fair well againts the rambos! and Give us feed back here.

:yes:

Used tactics lastnight with a few friends, brought back GR1 feel to it gamplay wise. Still a few issues with the run and gun types. Example being they can run all the way across the map and their stamina has no effect on their aiming ability, so they were still able to get a few lucky kills with the spray and pray technique. Overall it helped me like the game more, but still see a few places that need tweaking.

Let me rephrase the likeing the game more. I love the game, but Im not totally sold on DoM mode yet - would love to play against another tactical team.

Edited by Judge_Recluse

if this is the case where are they? not 1 post from them here or anywhere else. they will have to do what UBI says. if they say no to tools GRIN cant release them.

or they will be in a court battle and GRINS days of making games is over. and with UBI's plan for a patch in june lmfao  i stopped listening to UBI's word long time ago. They made a post about a patch in june,1 day after the game is released. that tells me they knew about the problems before the game was released. they wanted to release it so we wouldnt bash them again for setting the release date back is what i think.

Look at lockdown not one patch for it yet.

LOL...they are on vacation...and one of them already posted this:

We will come back to the office with new found energy, inspired and more than willing to correct our mistakes and polish this game even more - trust me.

Thanks for stickin' with us.

All your doom and gloom BS isn't going to help. If you guys want them to make the changes we need, stop being little kids and start acting like adults and offer constructive criticism for GRIN. If you don't think that will help...CRAWL BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK and go find another game to stock. It has all been said, OVER AND OVER again and continuing to whine and gripe about it does NO GOOD.

:lockd:

Its getting to the point that any criticism at ALL is considered by the censors as childish. You know what.......there isn't any doom and gloom BS.

.......only time.

Its time that will tell.

tick...tock.....tick........tock....... :unsure:

Check out the GRAW forums, we will likely password our private servers and to access the Teamspeak server you must register and agree to abide by our SOP's. No funny business allowed, only serious like minded players.

Quite a few of us TG'ers have the game and are really digging it.

Stay tuned to Rocky, he should have some info regarding GhostRecon.net and server(s). :::shhhh:::

This is not a run and gun, those of us at TacticalGamer.com absolutely love this game, it takes planning and tactics. I have no complaints about the game (other than no server binaries), it has lots of potential to grow and keep us hardcore tactical gamers happy.

Great job GRIN!

Good post. I think the problem, really, is that not enough people have really learned the game yet. It's EASIER to play run n gun than it is to play it tactically, because there is no thinking required. However, once people start to play it properly the run n gun won't work anymore.... remember, it's early days yet.

Why don't some of you guys organize to play on the same server, same team and wipe th run n gun dudes out by playing it in a non-run n gun way? Start the ball rolling....

Check out the GRAW forums, we will likely password our private servers and to access the Teamspeak server you must register and agree to abide by our SOP's. No funny business allowed, only serious like minded players.

Stay tuned to Rocky, he should have some info regarding GhostRecon.net and server(s). :::shhhh:::

Wow, been reading your SOPs for Ghost Recon. You guys have an awesome setup! I'd love to be able to play on your servers. I doubt you would appreciate my pings, though. Being in South Africa pretty much makes playing on "international" servers impossible - never have a ping less than 700. I sometimes think our telecommunications system uses smoke signals to connect with the rest of the world.

Well the dedicated server end of the game should improve performance and frames (hosting the game now is quite taxing), the netcode is pretty slick.

I hosted a 32 player server on a 4 meg pipe, although the pings were a little to high for my taste it was perfectly playable and was for quite a few hours till it crashed my pc due to resources. I'm kinda glad GRIN is taking the time to build and optimize a stand alone server.

Wow, been reading your SOPs for Ghost Recon. You guys have an awesome setup! I'd love to be able to play on your servers. I doubt you would appreciate my pings, though. Being in South Africa pretty much makes playing on "international" servers impossible - never have a ping less than 700. I sometimes think our telecommunications system uses smoke signals to connect with the rest of the world.

oh please, please please, release some mod tools grin (ubi stay outta the freakin way too. I do have it within me to fly to and then burn down ubi HQ after wasting 3 years waiting for a sequel to mod, thats still not moddable...and despite any good intentions by grin, ubisoft has a way of screwing people.)

to the guys dissing the game without ever playing it, please shut the hell up :o= !

i'm getting tired of reading posts by guys who refuse to buy it, but want to sit here and make statements about wanting to see things changed on a game that they don't have.

you don't want to support the game? fine, it is your right, but you don't have the right to tell GRIN or UBISOFT on what to do with it, since you refuse to pay for it. i forked over my money and i'm satisfied with their work (having a good time with SP), but like others, i have my requests for future mods.

the difference is that i actually supported the game and the GRIN/UBI team. so, i can post on here some things that i would like to see because i actually bought their product. i don't care how much of a fan you were of GR1! that was then, this is now. you can either sit there and continue playing GR1, or you can fork over your money and get GRAW.

please make up your mind and stop posting about "i'm gonna wait a year or until the next patch is released". it does those of us with the game no good because you don't have the damn game to play against us on MP. then some of you want to talk crap about the Domination mode and it's lack of tactics. buy the damn game first and bring us your tactics!!!!!!

those of you who don't have GRAW, but want to flame it, are not part of the community (the GRAW community), so stop fakin' as if you are and stay with the old games! :angry:

to the guys dissing the game without ever playing it, please shut the hell up :o= !

i'm getting tired of reading posts by guys who refuse to buy it, but want to sit here and make statements about wanting to see things changed on a game that they don't have.

you don't want to support the game? fine, it is your right, but you don't have the right to tell GRIN or UBISOFT on what to do with it, since you refuse to pay for it. i forked over my money and i'm satisfied with their work (having a good time with SP), but like others, i have my requests for future mods.

the difference is that i actually supported the game and the GRIN/UBI team. so, i can post on here some things that i would like to see because i actually bought their product. i don't care how much of a fan you were of GR1! that was then, this is now. you can either sit there and continue playing GR1, or you can fork over your money and get GRAW.

please make up your mind and stop posting about "i'm gonna wait a year or until the next patch is released". it does those of us with the game no good because you don't have the damn game to play against us on MP. then some of you want to talk crap about the Domination mode and it's lack of tactics. buy the damn game first and bring us your tactics!!!!!!

those of you who don't have GRAW, but want to flame it, are not part of the community (the GRAW community), so stop fakin' as if you are and stay with the old games! :angry:

lmfao you must not have read anything here in this post. for your info i have two games bought so ######. sp will never make a game.

dude.....you awake? This thread is about people who have it and are already bored by it. :blink:

dude.....you awake? This thread is about people who have it and are already bored by it. :blink:

read post above yours ;)

Great job GRIN!

Please record the game too, I think its about time someone show how this should be played. Maybe thats why there was only limited type of MP :shifty: