already bored with the maps and mp game

I dont think its GRIN's fault at all. If you look at UBI and some of thier FPS games they have become crap for us PC users. BIA was a kick butt sp game MP blows very bad on it also. Lockdown reminds me of GRAW. I have been playing GRAW sp and like it its very hard and fun. Reminds me of Flashpoint. The MP is what im bored with. all 5 maps even though they have a differ name they still are the same map to me . all based in the city and look the same. if they was to release a fix for some of the stuff (ASAP)it may get better. im not impressed at all. with some work and if UBI would let us modders do our work we could have a bad ass game i think. IT will take alot of spam and maybe even a boycot of the game like they did in COD2 to get PB added. it worked for cod2 so why not us?

I for one cant stand the aiming. example: badguy standing still not even looking at me, i place it on single shot and hold my scope on him and fire wham i see the bullet impact beside him on the wall, and hes so close i can see his nose hair. LMFAO i know its not me and my aiming lol so dont go there. alot of people get the same thing

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The m/p options were a bad call on their part, period. GRIN is an unproven company and any of it's releases before GRAW most of us have never heard of. They obviously aren't gamers cuz the lack of AA would have driven them up the wall every time they played an alpha copy. They don't have much of a clue about GR or it's fans cuz GRAW doesn't resemble GR except in name. They don't understand about m/p gameplay or they wouldn't have added Domination as the only gametype upon release. I've played Dom on my buddy's computer, just how arcade is this "realistic tactical shooter" gotta be before people realize that GRIN dropped the ball?

Puh-leeze, it's geared towards respawns and spawn raping. All the things that make BF2 suck a big one.

The m/p options were a bad call on their part, period. GRIN is an unproven company and any of it's releases before GRAW most of us have never heard of. They obviously aren't gamers cuz the lack of AA would have driven them up the wall every time they played an alpha copy. They don't have much of a clue about GR or it's fans cuz GRAW doesn't resemble GR except in name. They don't understand about m/p gameplay or they wouldn't have added Domination as the only gametype upon release. I've played Dom on my buddy's computer, just how arcade is this "realistic tactical shooter" gotta be before people realize that GRIN dropped the ball?

Puh-leeze, it's geared towards respawns and spawn raping. All the things that make BF2 suck a big one.

I do agree on what you are saying about some of it, but i dont see why you are saying GRAW is arcade. But GRIN are working hard for us, they are said they will stick with us to balance out the game and to make it fun for us, and so far, since i have seen graw, im pretty sure that they will stick to that and im sure that after a patch or 2 we will start to see the full potential of this game.

it was a big let down, i even bought 2 copy's. man i hope armed assault comes out in june as planned. Looking at getting VBS1. tired of the gay fps games that keep coming out right now.

if UBI was to make a expansion for gr1 and release it in a month i would bet money it would out sale GRAW in a day.

i installed graw to my dedi at primary target and it wont even run on it. so the dedis we see in the browser must be home dedis?

I do agree on what you are saying about some of it, but i dont see why you are saying GRAW is arcade. But GRIN are working hard for us, they are said they will stick with us to balance out the game and to make it fun for us, and so far, since i have seen graw, im pretty sure that they will stick to that and im sure that after a patch or 2 we will start to see the full potential of this game.

if this is the case where are they? not 1 post from them here or anywhere else. they will have to do what UBI says. if they say no to tools GRIN cant release them.

or they will be in a court battle and GRINS days of making games is over. and with UBI's plan for a patch in june lmfao i stopped listening to UBI's word long time ago. They made a post about a patch in june,1 day after the game is released. that tells me they knew about the problems before the game was released. they wanted to release it so we wouldnt bash them again for setting the release date back is what i think.

Look at lockdown not one patch for it yet.

if this is the case where are they? not 1 post from them here or anywhere else. they will have to do what UBI says. if they say no to tools GRIN cant release them.

or they will be in a court battle and GRINS days of making games is over. and with UBI's plan for a patch in june lmfao  i stopped listening to UBI's word long time ago. They made a post about a patch in june,1 day after the game is released. that tells me they knew about the problems before the game was released. they wanted to release it so we wouldnt bash them again for setting the release date back is what i think.

LOL...they are on vacation...and one of them already posted this:

We will come back to the office with new found energy, inspired and more than willing to correct our mistakes and polish this game even more - trust me.

Thanks for stickin' with us.

All your doom and gloom BS isn't going to help. If you guys want them to make the changes we need, stop being little kids and start acting like adults and offer constructive criticism for GRIN. If you don't think that will help...CRAWL BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK and go find another game to stock. It has all been said, OVER AND OVER again and continuing to whine and gripe about it does NO GOOD.

:lockd:

Edited by Druac_Blaise

or they will be in a court battle and GRINS days of making games is over. and with UBI's plan for a patch in june lmfao  i stopped listening to UBI's word long time ago. They made a post about a patch in june,1 day after the game is released. that tells me they knew about the problems before the game was released. they wanted to release it so we wouldnt bash them again for setting the release date back is what i think.

LOL...they are on vacation...and one of them already posted this:

We will come back to the office with new found energy, inspired and more than willing to correct our mistakes and polish this game even more - trust me.

Thanks for stickin' with us.

All your doom and gloom BS isn't going to help. If you guys want them to make the changes we need, stop being little kids and start acting like adults and offer constructive criticism for GRIN. If you don't think that will help...CRAWL BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK and go find another game to stock. It has all been said, OVER AND OVER again and continuing to whine and gripe about it does NO GOOD.

AMEN

I have to agree with you on some points sir. IMO, they should have done -- Join DEDICATED SERVER :rolleyes: , Choose team/weapon, play CTF/Search and Destroy/LMS/Domination(least played type :P) and no respawns with anywhere from 10-15 rounds of 3-5minute games... The gameplay of MP is great and it would have been the best if they put that in with more and smaller maps

edit: Err.. I'm not really digging the Dom mode but I'll stick to it once the patch comes out. By then MP will be great hopefully.. if they add more maps :P

Edited by quiznoes

Does no good? Just ask Activison Read Here , what does no good is crawling under a rock and saying nothing. Soon after that article Activison made an announcement about adding PB to COD2.

I logged into gamespy only to see two hacking clans having server up and running, cheats are already out, so it's just a matter of time before hardcore gamers will walk away from what I think can be a great game.

offer constructive criticism,

lol we all have. its posted all over the net about the game. like i said its UBI not GRIN. UBI is getting very well known for the way they work.

and you have to ###### every now and then to get stuff fixed. And UBI does not listen to gamers at all. LOOK AT LOCKDOWN and BIA!!!! release the mod tools and we will fix the game and in a week we will have maps and mp gametypes etc easy fix and no cost to UBI. tools dont need to be reworked so we can use them. we have some kick ass modders out there that can prolly work the tools with no problems.

i cant see anyone taking a trip when their baby is released knowing there will be bugs and complaints to answer. im sure someone is in the office you can take that to the bank.

yes there was hacks out the day it got released someone posted a SS over in the ubi forums already with glow and wall hack.

Edited by CBA_Bludawg

I haven't played the Domination mode yet, but I'd like to say this - if your favorite gametypes are DM and TDM, then I am not at all shocked that you don't like Domination.

I'm going to stick it out. I played COOP with some buddies over Vent last night, and it was amazing. I can't wait to see what a good Domination server feels like.

EDIT: And I won't take anything to the bank. If I just completed a huge project and my options were to listen to kids like you ###### and moan about a week-old game or go lay on a sandy beach drinking Mojito cocktails off a 19 year old's body, I'm NOT going to be on these boards listening to you complain.

Relax. Go outside. Stop playing if you don't like it. If they don't fix it, then the world isn't over. Sheesh.

Edited by Patton

no i dont play tdm or dm. i like lms with no respawns

domination reminds me of conquest/capture the flag in BF games.

long ways away from being a kid lol

really realistic game? no! run here take E go back take d back to e pretty funny gametype. players are wanting to take a letter over and over rather than covering the area and working as a team. you get more money that way to buy better guns another funny thing. lol

Edited by CBA_Bludawg

Does no good? Just ask Activison Read Here , what does no good is crawling under a rock and saying nothing. Soon after that article Activison made an announcement about adding PB to COD2.

I logged into gamespy only to see two hacking clans having server up and running, cheats are already out, so it's just a matter of time before hardcore gamers will walk away from what I think can be a great game.

LOL...the first thing I said was provide 'constructive criticism'...nobody, especially me, thinks you should 'say nothing'. All I ask is that you say it in a constructive way. I will be the first to say that MP is INCOMPLETE, period. They released it incomplete. It isn't done and I can understand your frustration with that, but if you want changes I can tell you the doom and gloom whining way to do it won't work and it will only aggravate them rather than motivate them. It really is common sense.

Hi everyone

We put lot of hope in this game me and my clan mates :D

I finnally got the game yesterday a 4 oclock

Try to install it but i had to come on the forum first to get it working

because of some kind of error :blink:

Then i wanted to play multiplayers so i found out that i need to login to Gamespy crap :angry:

Then had to get back here on the forum just to figure out how to login :blink:

finally get online find a server with a not bad ping over 150

Then i started to play GR:AW

I thought this game was meant to be played with teamwork wich i havent seen yet

The only thing i saw is a bunch of headless chicken running to B going back to C oops go back again to B now go to D and etc.

I found the game very laggie since you shoot 10 bullets on a enemy standing still with no result and get shot while trying to run for cover (and no its not my machine)

My first thought after an hour playing :This Game is another Soldner (Wings) :wall:

I just hope im wrong :fingersx:

Before i throw it in the garbage ill give it a try with my clanmates to see if the Teamplay is better

Ho and i forgot since when soldier need to buy a weapon

having to chosse again and again the same crap weapon every time you die

I really thought the money system would a been better

and 5 maps humm!! :whistle: its definatly not worth 50$

Very disapointed but we will give a try and see

Well, after following these forums since last fall, hoping for a new GR, we have finally been rewarded with :blink:

My squad is a purely MP group and several of us used to be big fans of the [GR], so the anticipation level was high for this title. We decided that 4 of us would pre order the game and put it through its paces for the MP, to see if it could be recommended to the rest of the squad. Unfortunately it is a no-go at this time.

But since we're at it, here is my brief overview of the big issues with the MP.

on the UP side:

Great weapons models and sounds,

Destructable environments very cool

PUre infantry love :devil: no aircraft, arty, armour to get in the way

good interface in game, simple and so far no bugs for me

like the in game squads, but without VoiP, whats the point?

runs decently on my system (amd 4000+, 2 gig corsair, 7800 GTX, raptor)

but to have a good MP experience, the following items seem conspicuously absent

No anti cheat

No dedicated servers on release (######?)

No persistant stats

No server search by player etc (at least as far as I can tell)

last but not least-GameSpy :nono:

and from my personal view:

having to re-equip your weapon each time you die- :wall:

map play times too short, averaging just 10-15 minutes

confusing scoring system (or not explained anywhere)

average graphics, full of jaggies ( even cranked up)

relatively small maps

most maps look the same, might as well be one map in rotation

Domination mode is an interesting try at trying to be different I guess :wacko:

In conclusion, I am recommending to the other 40 members of my squad to sit tight and see if this half baked product gets put back in the oven, back to BF2 for now. www.3MC.us

Third Mercenary Corps

About the maps:

I think they are quite big (maybe a bit to much)

Very very nice looking

Crappy for competitive play;

- too many details

- too much cover

- too many campingspots

- too complex

- promotes camping in lms/tdm

This is not a run and gun, those of us at TacticalGamer.com absolutely love this game, it takes planning and tactics. I have no complaints about the game (other than no server binaries), it has lots of potential to grow and keep us hardcore tactical gamers happy.

Great job GRIN!

I've just played this game extensively at my friends house last night.

And I have to say I am seriously disappointed... The demo showed

some promise, but the retail doesn't live up to it I think.

As a clan player I would buy this game solely for the MP, but it just isn't

worth it.

Reasons:

- Only 5 multiplayer maps ??? And at that they are different sections of

the demo map ??? That alone is enough for me to not buy this game but

there is more...

- Counterstrike style weapons buying... IF I wanted that, I would buy Counterstrike. And at that you should have a bit more choice than just Scar L and M8 to start with...

- BIG ISSUE: NO ANTI-CHEAT AND NO REPLAYS ??? UBI obviously wants this game to die quickly at the hands of hackers. What the hell

was the delay for then? Just so Lockdown could rake up some more

cash ???

- Graphics: If I compare them to BF2 they aren't that much better. So

where do the ridiculously high system specs come from?

- I absolutely HATE GameSpy and HATE being forced to use it for

online play. What happened to being able to manually enter an IP and

hitting join? Nothing wrong with that...

Seriously people @GRIN and @UBI:

WHERE THE HELL do you get off incorperating a CS style MP system ???

Have you even taken a look at the original ??? I'm sorry if I seem harsh

here but this is absolutely ridiculous... Last time I checked SOLDIERS DID NOT HAVE TO BUY THEIR OWN WEAPONS.

To those of you who consider this game because they want to play online... Wait for the patch and seeing how fast UBI works we will be

seeing it in about a year.

I'll wait that year and pick it up then from the discount bin...

IN ADVANCE: Sorry if my post comes over too strongly, but I've had

high hopes for the new GR and got the new CS instead and am seriously ###### off about that... Furthermore @ 50 euros for 5 MP maps

GR:AW is just a shameless rip-off... I don't know anybody who buys PC games for their single-player mode nowadays... Remember boys and girls: diversity is a GOOD thing

You can't compare these 5 maps with 20 GR1 maps, these 5 maps are so much more work.

But hey.. i rather saw 20 easy looking maps then 5 extremely detailed ones.

i agree, the mp domination mode isnt the greatest , it really needs an objective or search and destroy game mode.

i really loved the co-op mode , .........

sp campaign is great , im about half way through and really enjoying it

needs an anti aliasing option >.<

Um...you can play Co-Op online.

-The Grinman :D

:sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

FIXES

TROUBLE IS MATE,

1ST . co-op IS only 4 player ---> downside IF YOU ARE A GROUP OF 4+

2ND. is THE ORIGINAL WAS A KINDA HUNTING GAME this DOMINATION is more MOD or COD kill and RESPAWN crap !!!

3RD. We were expectiong ONE SHOT DEATH like GR1 !!! or like in CO-OP BUT with 32 players !!!!!

4TH. THE MULTIPLAYER interface, we assumed there would have the ABILITY to

ENTER DIRECT I.P. & PORT LIKE THE ORIGINAL GR1, BUT it ain't THERE.

5TH. ALL THIS BUYING GUNS ADDONS... A CS [counterstrike] knock BACK. GR1 had the option

for the server to decide which weapons would be available to all from the START !!!!

AND ALL THIS AFTER 1 DAY !!!!! on RELEASE

I think : GRIN did an excellent JOB but !!!

SHOULD of released a DEMO a month or two before FULL RELEASE so that we could

all have some FEED BACK !!!!

:sheep: ================================== :sheep:

This is not a run and gun, those of us at TacticalGamer.com absolutely love this game, it takes planning and tactics. I have no complaints about the game (other than no server binaries), it has lots of potential to grow and keep us hardcore tactical gamers happy.

Great job GRIN!

you must play on a locked down server as i havent seen one server yet use tactics in DOM. mode. everyone runs everywhere trying to take a letter so they get more points to buy the better guns.

it can grow real fast if they would release the tools they said they would so we can fix the game.

the dedi server not being there, you cant even bann a player, omg whos idea was this? just about every clan out there has a dedi or more. we have 3 and was going to add a 4th just for GR.

Great job GRIN!

you must play on a locked down server as i havent seen one server yet use tactics in DOM. mode. everyone runs everywhere trying to take a letter so they get more points to buy the better guns.

it can grow real fast if they would release the tools they said they would so we can fix the game.

the dedi server not being there, you cant even bann a player, omg whos idea was this? just about every clan out there has a dedi or more. we have 3 and was going to add a 4th just for GR.

@CBA_Bludawg

YOUR 100% on the NAIL !!!!

GR1 was never like THAT [domination run around]!!!!!

and I know thats what players of the original wanted !!! more GR1 styled play on a 2006 graphics engine with all the bells and whistles , like COMMS !!!! DIRECT IP etc....

that other guy must be on a private server !!!

Edited by viiiper