Rets seem to be inaccurate...

are you talking about ironsites or non-scope rets? the longer you fire the wider the spread gets. hence the little things that pop out.

I'm talking about the traditional reticules that we are used to seeing in GR1 (The bluish things in the middle of your screen). They are present when you are not aiming down the rifle, i.e. when you're not looking through a scope/iron sights.

I understand how the rets work... my point is, the bullets do not spread as much as the rets do whether I'm tired or not. When I pull the trigger, say at a wall, the rets spread like I would think they would, but all the rounds end up in a tighter spot than the rets would indicate by the distance they are from the center.

I understand how the rets work... my point is, the bullets do not spread as much as the rets do whether I'm tired or not.  When I pull the trigger, say at a wall, the rets spread like I would think they would, but all the rounds end up in a tighter spot than the rets would indicate by the distance they are from the center.

I think you should view the ret dots popping out as how far the bullets might spread, might being the key word. I've seen a stray bullet here and there, but mostly they are more centered than the ret dots. Which seems like it is about right, you can still hit someone right in front of you on full auto (as you should be able to, but wouldn't if the bullets allways spread out as much as the ret dots), but shooting someone at long distance with full auto isn't your best bet.

So I think it's working as intended. But then again I might be wrong :)

-Zor

I understand how the rets work... my point is, the bullets do not spread as much as the rets do whether I'm tired or not.  When I pull the trigger, say at a wall, the rets spread like I would think they would, but all the rounds end up in a tighter spot than the rets would indicate by the distance they are from the center.

I think you should view the ret dots popping out as how far the bullets might spread, might being the key word. I've seen a stray bullet here and there, but mostly they are more centered than the ret dots. Which seems like it is about right, you can still hit someone right in front of you on full auto (as you should be able to, but wouldn't if the bullets allways spread out as much as the ret dots), but shooting someone at long distance with full auto isn't your best bet.

So I think it's working as intended. But then again I might be wrong :)

-Zor

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that the ret spread is the potential area that the bullets could go, not the definite area they will go. That might be true.

I guess I would like the bullets to spread as much as the rets do. In GR1 the bullet spread matched the ret spread. I would just like the rets to accurately represent where my bullets will land. If they wanna throw in a stray bullet doing it's own thing then thats fine with me.

IMO, the rets are farther apart and slower on all the guns in GRAW as compared to the guns in GR1. If that's the way the guns in GRAW are, then I would politely ask for my sadie back. :D

(Then I could trick it out with all the cool mods! A scope and front grip to go plz :o=)

dr_awesome and Aaronson seem to be right, i.e. the ret spread metrics means jack and don't scale recoil, sustained fire climb, stance effecting accuracy, or movement in any way what so ever.

Equally annoying to me, is the ridiculous use of a 'ghost' ironsights reticule in a game that offers ironsights with no option for a toned down reticule, or to turn the awful thing off completely...

Sillier is the fact that the game doesn't offer real FPP where the camera is mounted on the player models head and you can look down and see your feet as the misleading advertising hype implied, or assay your cover and concealment...

So having a FPWV with no option to turn the weapon view off that would justify the ghost ironsight reticule for Fans of the 'Ghost Perspective' is as ridiculous as not being able to turn the bloated reticule off Fans of ironsights... These are EASY things to offer in a game of this design, and there is no reasonable excuse not to offer them as options.

:wall:

Edited by Waika

yes the spread of the dots on the ret are supposed to indicate the spread.. but we don't know what DISTANCE the reticule is calibrated for.

for instance, if you stand 5 feet from a wall, and unload.. voila a tight grouping. this is as expected.

if you're 50 meters away however, this grouping is much larger, as it should be, and as it is in the game.

i think the spread, while much tighter than some other games, is pretty accurate to real life.

even when you're moving, the movement is very controlled and with training you can be pretty accurate on the move under and up to 50 meters.

yes the spread of the dots on the ret are supposed to indicate the spread.. but we don't know what DISTANCE the reticule is calibrated for.

for instance, if you stand 5 feet from a wall, and unload.. voila a tight grouping. this is as expected.

if you're 50 meters away however, this grouping is much larger, as it should be, and as it is in the game.

i think the spread, while much tighter than some other games, is pretty accurate to real life.

even when you're moving, the movement is very controlled and with training you can be pretty accurate on the move under and up to 50 meters.

About the distance:

Well the beauty of the way the rets are supposed to work (as in GR1) is, if your rets are, say, 1 cm apart on your screen, and you're standing 1m from a wall, the spread will effectivly be about .5 meter on the wall. If you were to spin around and look at a wall 10m away, that same 1 cm ret spread will effectively be about a 2m spread on that wall, if 100m away it might be a 10m spread, so on and so forth... The distance is automatically included, which is the traditional ret purpose. Now it almost seems more of a decoration...

If, as you suggest, the spread now is acurate, then great, that's fine by me, I just think that the rets should tighten up to show it.

The point of the rets is to show the actual spread of the bullet spray, and right now it doesn't.

I agree with the original poster -- the rets seem to be inaccurate. The reticule spread is much larger than the actual bullet dispersion. They also close way too slowly in my opinion, and there doesn't seem to be a difference between moving your weapon only and moving yourself in the reticule spread.

I think I see what your saying, but why on earth are you using the rets? The rets are just supposed to be a way of generally showing you where the center of your screen is in case you have to hose someone point blank. 95+% of your shooting should be done with the iron sights.

And to actually address your point (or what I think your point is), considering that you are AIMING for the center of the rets, it would make sense that most of the bullets will hit there. The spread just shows how far out the bullets will possibly stray. Thats something that always bugged in in GR1.

One thing for sure that I like about this game from the first time I played it was the accuracy and feel of handling your weapon. It has a very nice loose realistic feeling. You see your tracer and where the bullet hits. Good feedback from each shot. I just wish GR:AW PC had more blood, it seems sometimes like after I kill the enemy they just sort of stand up then slump over. I killed a guy with one shot to the leg. I also wish some rounds could bounce off of enemies with bullet proof vests and helmets. The enemy also looks very clean (as in their clothing).

I think I see what your saying, but why on earth are you using the rets? The rets are just supposed to be a way of generally showing you where the center of your screen is in case you have to hose someone point blank. 95+% of your shooting should be done with the iron sights.

And to actually address your point (or what I think your point is), considering that you are AIMING for the center of the rets, it would make sense that most of the bullets will hit there. The spread just shows how far out the bullets will possibly stray. Thats something that always bugged in in GR1.

It comes from the way I play on GR1. Being that we didn't have iron sights in that game, I always used the rets as my guide to know how accurate I was going to be. In GR1 it wasn't a "general" way to show the center of the screen. The reason I and others became good, IMO, especially at shooting someone over 100ft was the timing of the rets closing. If you waited just a split second longer, especially with the other going full auto on you, you could kill them first. Also, in GRAW I've found that using the iron sights too much will also get you killed, especially if you play fast, in their face style of offense. Iron sights/scopes seem to be only useful to me at range and on single shot (maybe full auto bursts)

In GR1 when your rets spread that's where the bullets would go, your shot wouldn't be in the center of the screen like now. Take for instance, if you rets were spread to the fullest and you shot one bullet, it might just fly WAY off center. Completely different than GRAW. And to me that defeats the purpose of having the moving rets. If most of the shots are going to be on center, just remove the moving part, and have static ones. But then thats seems completely unrealistic. Yeah, the bullets come straight out of the barrel, but the rets aren't indicating the gun, they're indicating the soldiers ability to control a gun a full auto (or at least the recoil with single/burst/full auto) You can't "feel" the recoil in the game, so the ret's simulate if for us.