Domination Disappointment

LOL...why does every post turn into an AA thread? I don't get it...because it really doesn't bother me that much...I see the jaggies, but they don't bother me anywhere near as much as EVERYTHING else that is wrong/unfinished about this game....and as far as I am concerned, it all is on the MP side of things for the most part.

Against another person you're already dead if you wait that long to zoom in. At least with the guys I play with it's that way.

lol.

I usually check the map before entering a firefight rather than after.

What i have noticed though is if you scope around to far from your location you see nothing, and that they spawn into position when you reach certain areas.

domination promotes run and gun in a way because u need points from capturing zones to get the better guns.

'

Perhaps, sometimes, to an extent. But "run and gun" have certain connotations. You don't have a CS or Enemy Territory (ET) game style in GRAW. The two mentioned games are typical "Run and Gun". As you put it you seem set on the task of confusing the distinction between GRAW and real "Run and Gun" games. It is either by purpose or just a sloppy formulated post, I hope for the latter.

True, you need to capture zones in order to get better guns, but you also need to stay alive to get better guns. If you die you don't keep your fancy guns. You can take a couple of hits in GRAW (as you got good body armour, not because you are able to “soak” hits as in CS/ET).With this taken into account I think it is wrong - to put it mildly - to label GRAW as "run and gun"; and I don’t think I am extreme with this perspective.

Its more"run and run and run - walk and gun" ;)

I think the problem is that you are able to run forever!

Sure its possible that the 2013 Ghosts can take more hits than the 2001 Ghost did because of their body armor. But they are no machines! All that gear and body armor is heavy, and they should not be able to run as long as its possible right now.

The Run key should just be used to run for cover or to get into a better position while your teammates cover.

I think a 10 seconds sprint is sufficient.

That would realy slow down the gameplay even in dominatin with 10+ respawns! and promote teamwork!

Its more"run and run and run - walk and gun" ;)

I think the problem is that you are able to run forever!

Sure its possible that the 2013 Ghosts can take more hits than the 2001 Ghost did because of their body armor. But they are no machines! All that gear and body armor is heavy, and they should not be able to run as long as its possible right now.

The Run key should just be used to run for cover or to get into a better position while your teammates cover.

I think a 10 seconds sprint is sufficient.

That would realy slow down the gameplay even in dominatin with 10+ respawns! and promote teamwork!

Maybe we should turn this into a movement thread!! Bring back the run, walk, shuffle!!

I think that this domination mode is cool. I think a well organized, strategized, mobilized... __________________ (<--- insert "ized" here) team could kick any "run and gun" teams @$$. It's what people make of it. Me and a teammate have made the difference on a team, just being on TS together, and it was just 2 of us on TS. Imagine if the whole team worked together!

so you're going to sit there and tell me that the first multiplayer servers for [GR] weren't run and gun?

the community is still trying to grasp the instinctual aspects of the game. teamwork and tactics cannot be successfully employed until this is done.

i think the domination mode has an extremely high potential for serious ladder play, as teamwork and tactics will be essential.

I agree on all points!

Domination mode is run and gun. I felt like I was playing America's Army or Blackhawk Down. Didn't feel like [GR] at all.

The map hurts my eyes to look at, it's so small, and there's no way to make it bigger. :( And those jagged edges.... I hate them.

Sorry man but "America's Army" is not run and gun :nono:

• 3 weeks later...

I take that back. It might be fun to those who play for unlimited repawns and just love to run and gun like BF2 or COD. Lol for the hard core TDM player its like getting a root canal! No tactics no nothing. The other thing I've noticed is the magic nades. They just seem to know where you are. Or getting shot at through concrete walls. Doesn't the other guy see that wall? This is too frustrating. I think I'm going to hold off playing until we get a TDM style of play up and running. :angry:

I take that back. It might be fun to those who play for unlimited repawns and just love to run and gun like BF2 or COD. Lol for the hard core TDM player its like getting a root canal! No tactics no nothing. The other thing I've noticed is the magic nades. They just seem to know where you are. Or getting shot at through concrete walls. Doesn't the other guy see that wall? This is too frustrating. I think I'm going to hold off playing until we get a TDM style of play up and running. :angry:

I completely agree.

Domination blows... it really does.

I've gotten burned out on it as well. This optionless game has really gotten old for me. Ive beaten all the missions in both SP and coop several times. Not much else to do. When I play this game, I sometimes feel like im just playing a demo or something with all the Gametypes,serversettings, maps and the OPTIONS in the game restricted. The foundation of this game is great though, and I really really want to enjoy it. Only 5 maps, unlimited respawns and DOM only just bores me. Cant wait for some LMS,Siege and firefight to bring some life back into the game.

As Colin say, teamplay makes domination playable but compared to LMS it's like a bad dream. But since i have to choose between playing Domination online or coop the decision is easy and for now i have to do with this BF/CS clone.