Lack Of Gameplay Modes

I'm very disappointed to find out that all GRAW offers to the SP is the campaign. :( What happened to the good old modes of Firefight - Defend - Lonewolf etc. ? Those modes along with the campaign in GR gave plenty of SP replayability where you could shoot your heart out, check out the various guns or even just wander around the maps. Can't see how any SP would get $50 worth of playing if one campaign is all GRAW has to offer. :wall: Mods could save the day but that even looks doubtful as no SDK is planned. Map editor is nice but look what happened with RVS, some cool maps but nothing more. :whistle: For you that keep saying GRAW is better than GR look again. GR offered many gametype modes for both SP and MP,it ran good on just about anyones PC, mods galore for anyones tastes (missions,campaigns,skins,weapons,maps etc.) and the gameplay was second to none. GRAW's cool alright but the way it looks now it's going to come up way short compared to GR.

i can understand why no lone wolf since they emphasized team work this time around. I havent been on MP, but SP was ment to be slower and tactical..nothing tactical about firefight and defend.

Can kill all ur teamates then lone wolf the rest of the way if you want.

Yes, I'd like some of those modes in too. I spent a LOT of hours on GR1 doing lonewolf etc. But, to say that the current SP isn't worth $50 is a bit extreme. How many other games take 20+ hours to do the SP campaign on "normal"? And how many games are as replayable? I've played the demo mission about 30 times on hard, and every time has been different. Even the "hold the position" part of it has been different everytime.

Edited by Trident-za

i can understand why no lone wolf since they emphasized team work this time around. I havent been on MP, but SP was ment to be slower and tactical..nothing tactical about firefight and defend.

Can kill all ur teamates then lone wolf the rest of the way if you want.

Good point. Still a defend type version of a few maps, with AI support, would be great. I'd love to see what that enemy AI is like if they were in all-out-balls-to-the-wall assault mode...

Edited by Trident-za

Hmmmm, that is a shame to find that out. Maybe its the structure of that map being so large for the SP campaign that wouldnt agree with that map. Why these game type modes shouldnt be implemented for MP maps to run like GR1 gamplay modes im not too sure.

Im hopeing that as the map editor is released with other gameplay modes we might find that making maps can also pack & create gameplay types for those maps from the map creators. Lets think about it what else would happen if you have bunch of new maps ? IE: why make maps and only be able to use them MP ..it doesnt add up & seems (to me) that this will come in some form.

Too early to say, wouldnt say right now its too late to speculate either, one things for sure it seems such a waste of this whole new game not to have it, even to the point of asking GRIN why they would leave it out when its something that would just shoot this game through the roof in terms of fans.

But, to say that the current SP isn't worth $50 is a bit extreme. How many other games take 20+ hours to do the SP campaign on "normal"? And how many games are as replayable? I've played the demo mission about 30 times on hard, and every time has been different. Even the "hold the position" part of it has been different everytime.

Very true. This game plays differently, everytime we play it. This is a very big plus. And the campaign mode is enjoyably hard. While playing the full game, I thought that I will breeeze through the demo misssion and go to the next one. It took me almost 5 hours to complete it on hard ( including dieing and replays ).

That being said, inclusion of game modes like 'firefight', 'bothunt' and 'defend' would add a lot to this great game. Just imagine the fun we can have if, in the firefight mode, we face various groups of around 6 enemies, patrolling large areas. The 'bothunt' mode can be fun too, with this great AI. I am hoping for this in the free add-on.

Edited by buddhiraja73

KRP56, I'm like you I do SP not mp and the lack of sp modes is disturbing. They have always been a part of GR/Rainbow series. It's been 5 years roughly since GR1 came out and I still play it.

GDD_Viper, Firefight and recon are tactical--if you run and gun you're dead. Both could be done solo or with a team, it was the players choice.

I will hold off buying the game until I see if modders are able to develop sp gameplay types. SP shouldn't just be about a single campaign, it should have "diversions" such as firefight/recon modes to practice tactics with ai teammates and just for a change of pace, just like MP players are given.

That being said, inclusion of game modes like 'firefight', 'bothunt' and 'defend' would add a lot to this great game. Just imagine the fun we can have if, in the firefight mode, we face various groups of around 6 enemies, patrolling large areas. The 'bothunt' mode can be fun too, with this great AI. I am hoping for this in the free add-on.

Couldnt agree more on that one :grin1:

I am suprised it just isnt in the game. AS I said before lets see what the map making tool(s?) will bring, maybe that might open up gameplay types for maps created.

I would go and buy this game right now if someone said that you can use the huge SP campaign map in chunks with firefight mode and patrols as you say. You can enjoy the SP ampaign & re use the map in tactical open play with SP firefight mode/defend etc.

So far SP campaign and the map used are pretty much a done deal together and thats what that part of this game is. Then you have MP with other maps made for it and thats that part. Its a bit more like "other games" ive played in that sense. I think the GR1'ness or the "Ghost Recon" part of this game to tie them closer isnt the fact that the gameplay isnt right ... thats spot on. Its what you can do with it after you have played MP & SP campaign and thats where theres a gap between old and new.

This game needs to be "opened up" more, in an odd way its linear in how you can use it at the moment ... irony eh!

KRP56, I'm like you I do SP not mp and the lack of sp modes is disturbing. They have always been a part of GR/Rainbow series. It's been 5 years roughly since GR1 came out and I still play it.

I will hold off buying the game until I see if modders are able to develop sp gameplay types. SP shouldn't just be about a single campaign, it should have "diversions" such as firefight/recon modes to practice tactics with ai teammates and just for a change of pace, just like MP players are given.

:yes: What happened to GR standing above the other military shooters? As you said GR/R6 had other gameplay modes which gave plenty for all to enjoy. I didn't really care for the RVS missions but the other modes more than made up the difference and has provided me with many hours of fun. One hero and only the campaign puts it down with MOH & COD and that's not saying much. :( Sounds like the campaign isn't just a total scripted joy ride but even that falls short when you only play SP. Let's hope UBI/GRIN come to their sense's and release an SDK for everyone's sake.

:help:

Does this Coop mode only allows Missions?? isnt there an option to a good old firefight????

i just bought the full version but i cant find the option....

-M-

ps: i also read this on the net: Is there a map editor and an SDK?

what the hell is an SDK? :stupid:

Edited by mordred

Does this Coop mode only allows Missions?? isnt there an option to a good old firefight????

i just bought the full version but i cant find the option....

-M-

ps: i also read this on the net: Is there a map editor and an SDK?

what the hell is an SDK? :stupid:

SDK= Software Development KIt (Kit to make Mods, edit the game)

there is no Map editor..yet, Coop is Sp only yes, no firefight, no nothing and no SDK...yet

2 MP game play mods and 1 SP gameplay mode. quite dissappointing

Good to know a lot of you smart gamers see GRAW the same as I do. If your trying to make a game as good as or better than GR why would you cut out so much of what made GR great? :wall: Graphics and cool effects only go so far. Gameplay is what it's all about and GRAW shortchanges everyone in that department. :(

I agree with many others - Not having the "firefight" option for SP was/is a very bad decision -

It completely allowed for replayability....it was perfect for Mods and such -

Not having this option is a very bad decision - Hopefully they can add it back with a patch -