New GRAW MP PC screens and MP Q&A

Multiplayer Q&A

Who will host the servers?

Ubisoft chose Gamespy, the worldwide leader, to host the servers for GRAW PC. We trust them to supply easy access to the multiplayer servers for all gamers

How maps are important in GRAW?

Regarding the Domination mode, you will have the possibility to use the small tactical map to see your allies’ positions and as a result you will be able to see in real time the progression of your team strategies.

This is extremely useful when you’re attacking an enemy zone from different fronts.

Of course you will also be able to see the enemies take over your own zones. For the co-op mode, you will have access to the tactical 3D map, see the current situation, your enemy positions and indicate to your teammates the different objectives you wish to fulfil thanks to rally points.

As previously said, both modes emphasize the tactical aspect which GRAW relies on, and the tactical maps are one of those features we are really proud about.

How many maps can we expect in multiplayer mode?

The Domination mode contains 5 exclusive maps. The coop mode is composed from the most exciting maps of the solo campaign.

How do you earn points in the Domination mode?

When an enemy is killed, you earn 2 points. If you participate in the suppression of an enemy you earn 1 point. If you kill an enemy with full energy you earn 3 points (or by doing a headshot). If you capture a neutral zone you earn 3 points.

If you neutralize an enemy zone, you earn 3 points. If you capture an enemy zone, you earn 7 points. If you suppress an enemy supply line, you earn 2 points per suppressed supply line. If you win the match, you earn 10 points. Scores go back to zero when selected numbers of rounds is over.

Can we expect a ladder?

Absolutely, Gamespy will be running and supporting the ladder.

Is there a map editor and an SDK?

A map editor is already on the way but no SDK is planned at the moment.

How will work the spawn and respawn in multiplayer?

At the beginning of a session, each team will start in its main zone. When a player is killed they will have two respawn choices: he can either spawn in his team’s main zone, and as a result will be pretty far from the battlefield, or decide to join his Ghost leader, but this is only possible if the player spends some of the points they’ve earned.

Can we expect new additions in a near future?

Ubisoft will support GRAW for a long time after release. You can already expect new additions to the MP modes in June thanks to a completely free package including Deathmatch, a map editor and new co-op missions!

Source

New MP screens

Who will host the servers?

Ubisoft chose Gamespy, the worldwide leader, to host the servers for GRAW PC. We trust them to supply easy access to the multiplayer servers for all gamers

Little confused by this, are they reffering to the master server for listing servers, or are gamespy actually going to offer hosting?

Edited by Roceh

Personally I think it's just using Gamespy's master server to register servers. Just like all other games that Gamespy supports..

June patch sounds good, maps on the new screenshots seems small :grin1:

but....i dont remember what Bo & GRiN stuff told about dedicated server...

the only thing that sucks about the dedicated server is that there is no way to change map, kick/ban players, max rate options, change gametype. You would expect to be able to change a bloody map without shutting ddown the server.

The JAckal,May 4 2006, 12:26 PM]

And what about the Grin anticheats? Is it in the retail version or it will be released with a patch?  :blink:

Sadly it's not in the final version. Guess we'll have to wait untill it's released.

from the sounds of things.. feels like this game was pushed to be released by a month... they could have had all that in it if we waited 1 extra month.. but i cant complain.. i only got the demo coz im in AUS and damn game not here til 12th, and the demo is damn fine with me :D

If only a GRIN would come forth and clarify some of these things...

I would like to know what is meant by "Map Editor" and what does GameSpy really mean to us?.

- Thus far, does GameSpy indicate that we will not be able to use the dedicated servers that most groups here have and pay for already?

-Does a Map Editor operate the same as IGOR?

-Was IGOR ever considered to be an SDK or Map Editor?

-Can we create custom missions and create custom maps?

-Can we increase the number of CO-OP players?

Without CO-OP, and I'm not talking about some sad pathetic 4 player excuse for CO-OP, GR:AW is pretty much just a quick fix for thousands of us. GR:AW is an even shorter fix without at least an IGOR type "Map Editor".

We need a GRIN to talk to the masses again...

If a GRIN should emerge to take Bo's place, we need GR.net admins that will stop all immature posters dead in their tracks (instant ban). We lost Bo, our best inside news source due to immature posters (smart move). Now we're stuck with the voice of UBI.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

GRAW sounds more like brothers in arms and lockdown and will die very fast if they dont give us more, 5 maps really blows and will get old very fast. co-op isnt a big factor in MP gaming. last night all i seen was 1 co-op server most of the night. buying guns blows big time everytime you die. dumbest thing i ever seen in a fps game. why do we need the money has nothing to do with a fps? grin did a kick ass job but is a long way away from beating [GR]. take the graphics from GRAW and add them to [GR] and we have a winner. Gameplay in [GR] was so nice and hasnt been matched yet by any game.

co-op isnt a big factor in MP gaming. last night all i seen was 1 co-op server most of the night.

CO-OP is a big factor in MP and what do you expect if there is only 4 player CO-OP? Most CO-OP players play with more than 4 Ghosts in a mission (GR1). If you can't bring more than 3 other members of your group with you on a mission, well that would really begin to put a damper on things.

Think how pathetic it would be if there was only 4 player maximum TDM, LMS, Siege, and all the other adversarial modes. Adversarial MP modes are not the only ones that enjoy larger (and I mean laregr) than 4 player missions. True CO-OP is more than a family of four playing some games at home on a rainy day.

silent_op

Thanks for the post but going by that, does that mean we won't ever get proper dedicated servers? According to that, the patch in June won't feature the stand alone server files.

I don't think dedicated server files will EVER be part of a patch. This is what Bo said before:

The game ships with a dedicated server (for better preformance) from the menu but not with dedicated server files (for your rack servers and so on.) However such files need to be OUTSIDE OF THE RETAIL GAME - If I have to repeat that I will DIE.

My guess is that once they are done they will be available via a download, separate from any official patch.

Can we expect new additions in a near future?

Ubisoft will support GRAW for a long time after release. You can already expect new additions to the MP modes in June thanks to a completely free package including Deathmatch, a map editor and new co-op missions!

Well that's really good news.